gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:54:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All unreleased albums??  (Read 16032 times)
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »

I've noticed when compiling my anal-retentive Beach Boys discography that Bellagio's "The Ones That Got Away" page (which was, indeed, a huge assistance) is missing a few entries, so I decided to start from scratch.  These are the unreleased Beach Boys-related albums, or scrapped album ideas, I'm aware of... perhaps someone might know of others?

* Beach Boys - two shows (afternoon/evening) recorded at Michigan State for a possible live album (1966)

* Beach Boys - Smile (1967... even though this is hardly 'unreleased' now that we officially have it)

* Beach Boys - Lei'd In Hawaii (a fake studio-recorded 'live' album, after two live recordings were scrapped) (1967)

* Stephen John Kalinich and Brian Wilson - A World Of Peace Must Come (1969... no longer unreleased - released in 2008)

* Beach Boys - Reverberation (or) The Fading Rock Group Revival (final Capitol album, essential prototype for "Sunflower") (1969)

* Beach Boys - Sun Flower (unfinished first line-up, almost entirely different from "Sunflower" LP) (1970)

* Beach Boys - Add Some Music (completed LP, rejected by Reprise and revised as "Sunflower") (1970)

* Beach Boys - Landlocked (unofficial title - compilation of "Sunflower" outtakes) (1970)

* The Flame (including Ricky and Blondie) - untitled second Brother LP (1971)

* Dennis Wilson - Poops (or) Hubba Hubba (1972)

* Beach Boys - 'Caribou Album' (unfinished and largely unbootlegged LP, save for 'Battle Hymn' and dirty 'Ding Dang') (1974)

* Beach Boys and Chicago - live album from collaborative tour (1975)

* Beach Boys - 'New Album' (true title unknown, followup to "15 Big Ones") (1976)

* Beach Boys - Adult/Child (1977)

* Beach Boys - Merry Christmas From The Beach Boys (1977)

* The Rutles (including Ricky Fataar) - 'Sweet Rutle Tracks' (bootleg title, demo LP of possible soundtrack inclusions) (1977)

* Dennis Wilson - Bambu (1978... officially released in 2008)

* Beach Boys - California Feeling (prototype for "M.I.U.") (1978)

* Beach Boys - Winds Of Change (not unreleased per se, rearranged and retitled "M.I.U.") (1978)

* Jan and Dean with Mike Love - Deadman's Curve (soundtrack, worked into J&D's "Silver Summer" album) (1978)

* Mike Love and Celebration - Disco Celebration (1979... technically released in EXTREMELY limited quantities)

* Mike Love - First Love (1979)

* Mike Love - Country Love (1979)

* Beach Boys (or) Mike Love and Al Jardine - unrecorded ecological concept album (1980)

* Adrian Baker with Mike Love - A Baker's Dozen (bootleg title only??) (1982)

* Beach Boys - live recording from Cleveland considered for release (1982)

* Beach Boys - Cousins, Friends and Brothers (speculative title, never actually recorded) (1982)

* Brian Wilson - 'The Wilson Project' (aborted album sessions with Gary Usher) (1987)

* Brian Wilson - Brian (first attempt at a second solo LP) (1990)

* Brian Wilson - Sweet Insanity (revised version of "Brian") (1991)

* Beach Boys? / Mike Love? - Unplugged In Paradise (strictly an idea, never recorded) (1993)

* Brian Wilson - 'Soul Searchin'' (bootleg title - aborted sessions with Andy Paley) (1996)

* Beach Boys and others - Stars and Stripes Vol. 2 (late 1990's)

* Blondie Chaplin - Fragile Thread (1999)

* Al Jardine - untitled solo album (1999)

* Al Jardine - Big South (2001)

* Mike Love - Mike Love Not War (or) Unleash The Love (2005)
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »

Re the Caribou album...a whole bunch of stuff got lost in a big fire there...was any of it that album?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »

You (and Andrew's site) are also forgetting The Beach Boys album that was planned for the mid '90s, for which we know that at least "Soul Searchin'" and "You're Still A Mystery" were recorded. I guess you could also add what was going to be Brian's second album with Joe Thomas.

Re the Caribou album...a whole bunch of stuff got lost in a big fire there...was any of it that album?

I'm kinda of the opinion that there really wasn't much Beach Boys material lost in that fire. As far as what they recorded in 1974 sessions, you got "It's OK", "Good Timin'", "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and a few other things, so I don't know if much really got lost. Maybe somebody else would know better than I do though.

TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »

Is there any given reason why most of that album hasn't leaked??  (At least, out of the tracklist on Andrew's site.)  We have "Battle Hymn" and, I THINK, "Ding Dang"/"Rollin' Up To Heaven" is from that timeperiod... but all of the other songs are MIA.

It just seems strange to me when (as far as I can tell) not only has every single other unreleased album leaked in its entirety, but we have loads of session material from every Beach Boys album.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »

where can i get or at least listen to "landlocked"?
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »

Honestly?  Try a quick Google search.... that's probably THE easiest unreleased Beach Boys album to find, outside of the various "Smile" bootlegs.  Hell, I found a "Landlocked" CD in a used CD store once.

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
04) H.E.L.P. Is On The Way
05) Take A Load Off Your Feet
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
11) When Girls Get Together
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

Some boots add the Desper mix of "Til I Die" (or a medley of a rough, half-finished mix and the Desper mix) onto the end of the album... according to the liners on the version I bought, this song wasn't part of the album at all.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »

Honestly?  Try a quick Google search.... that's probably THE easiest unreleased Beach Boys album to find, outside of the various "Smile" bootlegs.  Hell, I found a "Landlocked" CD in a used CD store once.

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

Some boots add the Desper mix of "Til I Die" (or a medley of a rough, half-finished mix and the Desper mix) onto the end of the album... according to the liners on the version I bought, this song wasn't part of the album at all.
thanks alot but will it be available to download ? because if not i won't have a way to check the songs out :/
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

Most of the songs on that list are (or at least were) available commercially (Endless Harmony, GV box set, etc).
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

tbh this 'album' is pretty trash, i'm glad it was rejected. I would love to hear a clear version of Carnival/Over The Waves, San Miguel and Big Sur. The Landlocked version of Good Time is superior to the Love You version, sounds more relaxed, more echo, more psychedelic. The rest is mosly garbage though. When Girls Get Together is better than  the KTSA mix, but still nothing remarkable.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

tbh this 'album' is pretty trash, i'm glad it was rejected.

It wasn't rejected. It was never offered. Because it doesn't exist.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

tbh this 'album' is pretty trash, i'm glad it was rejected. I would love to hear a clear version of Carnival/Over The Waves, San Miguel and Big Sur. The Landlocked version of Good Time is superior to the Love You version, sounds more relaxed, more echo, more psychedelic. The rest is mosly garbage though. When Girls Get Together is better than  the KTSA mix, but still nothing remarkable.
is there anyway i can get this album?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »

Details of the non-existent "Landlocked" album here - http://www.esquarterly.com/bellagio/unreleased.html

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »

AGD, are you gonna take Smile off that unreleased page?  Grin

And, er, also the wording of the tab for that page is 'UNRLEASED', and the typo always bugged me.....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:13:27 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »

AGD, are you gonna take Smile off that unreleased page?  Grin

And, er, also the wording of the tab for that page is 'UNRLEASED', and the typo always bugged me.....

Andrew, honestly, since 'Landlocked' wasn't even a proposed album, wouldn't you say it shouldn't even be on the page, along with 'Remember the Zoo', while you should have the missing the proposed mid '90s album.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »

Myke Luhv and Celebration-"Disco Celebration" the lost cassette session(very rare indeed) Transcends any Smile material among collectors. Razz
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

Use Google newguy,  Don't think talking about where to get bootlegs is kosher here.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

Use Google newguy,  Don't think talking about where to get bootlegs is kosher here.
i used google but the links are'nt official..it sucks because all you guys have the privilege of hearing these songs..i don't even know what they sound like :O
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »

He's trying to dispel false 'facts' on that page as well - thus the inclusions of "Remember The Zoo" and "Landlocked".  I appreciate the information he has about those two albums.

I agree, though, that page needs a revamp; "Smile" and "A World Of Peace Must Come" are both released now, and the mid-90's album, "Unplugged In Paradise", and "Mike Love Not War" are all missing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »

Honestly?  Try a quick Google search.... that's probably THE easiest unreleased Beach Boys album to find, outside of the various "Smile" bootlegs.  Hell, I found a "Landlocked" CD in a used CD store once.

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

tbh this 'album' is pretty trash, i'm glad it was rejected. I would love to hear a clear version of Carnival/Over The Waves, San Miguel and Big Sur. The Landlocked version of Good Time is superior to the Love You version, sounds more relaxed, more echo, more psychedelic. The rest is mosly garbage though. When Girls Get Together is better than  the KTSA mix, but still nothing remarkable.

Use Google newguy,  Don't think talking about where to get bootlegs is kosher here.
i used google but the links are'nt official..it sucks because all you guys have the privilege of hearing these songs..i don't even know what they sound like :O

official? not sure what you mean by that...also, every one of those songs is on youtube.  start with big sur, and just listen to that glory for an hour (not the holland version).  here i'll get you started
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRG_fT3yOAU
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:29:57 PM by Runaways » Logged
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:57 PM »

Honestly?  Try a quick Google search.... that's probably THE easiest unreleased Beach Boys album to find, outside of the various "Smile" bootlegs.  Hell, I found a "Landlocked" CD in a used CD store once.

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

tbh this 'album' is pretty trash, i'm glad it was rejected. I would love to hear a clear version of Carnival/Over The Waves, San Miguel and Big Sur. The Landlocked version of Good Time is superior to the Love You version, sounds more relaxed, more echo, more psychedelic. The rest is mosly garbage though. When Girls Get Together is better than  the KTSA mix, but still nothing remarkable.

Use Google newguy,  Don't think talking about where to get bootlegs is kosher here.

official? not sure what you mean by that...also, every one of those songs is on youtube.  start with big sur, and just listen to that glory for an hour (not the holland version).  here i'll get you started
wow this is amazing Smiley thanks alot but they don't have loop de loop :/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 06:08:27 AM »

Andrew, honestly, since 'Landlocked' wasn't even a proposed album, wouldn't you say it shouldn't even be on the page, along with 'Remember the Zoo', while you should have the missing the proposed mid '90s album.

I include them to underline that no such albums ever existed, with the details as to why. Myth busting.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »

I agree, though, that page needs a revamp; "Smile" and "A World Of Peace Must Come" are both released now, and the mid-90's album, "Unplugged In Paradise", and "Mike Love Not War" are all missing.

Very fair points, but these last few weeks, the BB have rated very low on my list of priorities. I'll address them shortly.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »

While you're doing your mythbusting, AGD, do you think you should include the phantom self-titled album from 1964 mentioned in the Steven Gaines book?  Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »

The track list:
01) Loop De Loop
02) Susie Cincinnati
03) San Miguel
06) Carnival
07) I Just Got My Pay
08) Good Time
09) Big Sur
10) Lady
12) Lookin' At Tomorrow

wow this is amazing Smiley thanks alot but they don't have loop de loop :/

Loop D Loop is the worst song Al ever attempted. Glad Jack Reily got him off that sh*t. Worse than anything cocaine ever did to Brian and Dennis.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »

Just as an aside.......

Following a period of less activity, I've noticed a recent flurry of new posts from dear AGD (and all most welcome by the way).

But, perhaps a detective might assume that this means he's recently finished some project?  Or other?  Hmmm?

Cool Guy

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx