gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:29:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Let Her Know She's An Angel  (Read 1417 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »

Can't believe how good this song is - with one catch.

I thought it was crap on Sweet Insanity, and on GIOMH. But the demo! Oh man. It could have been on Today! It's wonderful. (when exactly does it date from?)

Has there ever been a Brian solo song so unfairly malformed? They had the chance to go back to the original lyrics for GIOMH, and yet they stick with 90% of Landy's assery (I swear he sings 'Sex treachery' in the first verse of the SI version). At least they kept (a bit) of the bridge. Shame they kept his fucking terrible melodramatic string parts too. Goshdarn.

Didn't someone around from the time confirm it was written about them here on the board? Wish I could remember that thread, and indeed, who it was.

Anyway. Yeah. I dig this song A TONNE and no-one has done it justice ever. It's such a Brian love song. "I hear her talking to someone, talking bout some little thing". So banal, really, but if you think about it.... it makes sense.

I'll stop now.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

Darian should have redone it like do you have any regrets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndMltIVTJc

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »

Can't believe how good this song is - with one catch.

I thought it was crap on Sweet Insanity, and on GIOMH. But the demo! Oh man. It could have been on Today! It's wonderful. (when exactly does it date from?)

Has there ever been a Brian solo song so unfairly malformed? They had the chance to go back to the original lyrics for GIOMH, and yet they stick with 90% of Landy's assery (I swear he sings 'Sex treachery' in the first verse of the SI version). At least they kept (a bit) of the bridge. Shame they kept his f***ing terrible melodramatic string parts too. Goshdarn.

Didn't someone around from the time confirm it was written about them here on the board? Wish I could remember that thread, and indeed, who it was.

Anyway. Yeah. I dig this song A TONNE and no-one has done it justice ever. It's such a Brian love song. "I hear her talking to someone, talking bout some little thing". So banal, really, but if you think about it.... it makes sense.

I'll stop now.

Is it a piano demo? Brian's piano demos are so beautiful but there don't seem to be many. I remember trying to do a comp once but I could only find a handful of demos outside the Love You ones.

Anyone done a definitive BW piano demo comp?! (sorry to go OT)

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »

Yeah, I like earlier incarnation(s) better, too.

DLHKSAA is a good song, but I always thought there was something wrong with it, or not quite flowing well. The lyrics are bad. It's one of those BW songs that would sound better (great?) recorded today with Brian's improved vocals and WITH the Beach Boys.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx