gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:42:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian & Dennis Cocaine sessions tv 01125  (Read 5076 times)
thebeachboysfan1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »

Does this exist?  I've seen, & have the Hamburger session tape....you know, the one with oh Lord....but I was just looking through some bootleg lists, and this popped up....it has a total different tracklist.

http://surfermoon.com/boots/cocaine.shtml
I can't seam to find it anywhere......
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »

Wow, does this cd excist? I too would love to hear this if anyone's ever managed to obtain a copy!
Jason
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

This is a fake...has been for years. But like herpes, it keeps coming back to bug us. Smiley
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »

I think Bonanza theme with Battle Hymn of the Republic woulda made a good double sided single.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Jason
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »

Quite a few of the releases on there are fake, to begin with. It is by no means an authoritative source.
thebeachboysfan1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:59:26 PM »

Yeah, I thought so, but wasn't sure!
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

This has been up for over a decade now.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »

Bonus Tracks
1. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times / I'll Bet He's Nice / Ding Dang / Sweet Mountain (all original Wrecking Crew show up for some reason, sounds identical to a Pet Sounds session, at the end Brian freaks out and tells them to leave)
2. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey (cover)
3. Stairway To Heaven (cover, Brian plays electric guitar)
4. Love and Mercy
5. Let's Dive Off A Boat (unfinished Dennis composition)
6. Good Vibrations (not a runthrough, they accidentally found the missing vocal tracks and played them back, complete with Dennis's original lead vocal)
7. Smile (Brian suddenly remembers how the entire 1967 album was supposed to go, the other Beach Boys show up and they do an exhaustively drunken runthrough)
8. Hammer (not a song, they get into a fight and Brian gets his head hit too hard and forgets everything that happened in the last hour)
thebeachboysfan1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

Bonus Tracks
1. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times / I'll Bet He's Nice / Ding Dang / Sweet Mountain (all original Wrecking Crew show up for some reason, sounds identical to a Pet Sounds session, at the end Brian freaks out and tells them to leave)
2. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey (cover)
3. Stairway To Heaven (cover, Brian plays electric guitar)
4. Love and Mercy
5. Let's Dive Off A Boat (unfinished Dennis composition)
6. Good Vibrations (not a runthrough, they accidentally found the missing vocal tracks and played them back, complete with Dennis's original lead vocal)
7. Smile (Brian suddenly remembers how the entire 1967 album was supposed to go, the other Beach Boys show up and they do an exhaustively drunken runthrough)
8. Hammer (not a song, they get into a fight and Brian gets his head hit too hard and forgets everything that happened in the last hour)
I hope you're kidding.
 LOL
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »

the joke is, those bonus tracks are only slightly less plausible than the supposed cocaine sessions tracklisting.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »

There's a certain dark humor at play in #5, which doesn't necessarily bother me, kappa, but the thought did cross my mind that some of the folks who were close to Dennis and who are generous enough to share their insights with us by posting here, might not find it so funny.  I don't mean to rag on you, but you never know.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »

This was the one and only track list of the "cocaine sessions" that I knew of when I first got a copy of the real deal. I was actually quite disappointed that the real thing wasn't nearly as interesting.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »

There's a certain dark humor at play in #5, which doesn't necessarily bother me, kappa, but the thought did cross my mind that some of the folks who were close to Dennis and who are generous enough to share their insights with us by posting here, might not find it so funny.  I don't mean to rag on you, but you never know.
If it helps, the chords were actually written by Charles Manson.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »

Quite a few of the releases on there are fake, to begin with. It is by no means an authoritative source.

Oh yeah...hell, the one marked 'Brian's back...and he's pissed' is mine. LOL

I know a couple of others that are fakes, some done by a scholar or two for a laugh....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »

Oh yeah...hell, the one marked 'Brian's back...and he's pissed' is mine. LOL

I know a couple of others that are fakes, some done by a scholar or two for a laugh....

Does that mean that there is no 1972 demo of You Need A Mess Of Help?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »

There's a certain dark humor at play in #5, which doesn't necessarily bother me, kappa, but the thought did cross my mind that some of the folks who were close to Dennis and who are generous enough to share their insights with us by posting here, might not find it so funny.  I don't mean to rag on you, but you never know.
If it helps, the chords were actually written by Charles Manson.
Well, it sure wouldn't hurt.  Some of ol' Chuck's songs had their moments.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx