gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:58:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Contemporaneous release of Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream"?  (Read 3395 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »

A few weeks ago I heard Daydream by the Lovin' Spoonful on the radio, and it sounded somehow different, odd.. then I remembered that I read something once that some other band had done Daydream and released it around the same time, and that that version was probably the one I was used to hearing. I figured it was the Yellow Balloon or something, but have since found out that it wasn't.

Does anyone know?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:05:42 AM »

Basically all the Lovin' Spoonful's hits and classics have been covered at some point.  Most of the covers did not chart but it's possible you could have heard them once somewhere.
 The Spoonful cover that I most notably recall was "Younger Girl" by the Hondells.  It charted about the time that Spoonful's version would have.   I think the situation was somewhat like the versions of "Gloria" by Them and by The Shadows of Knight.
"Daydream" has been covered over the years by Jon & Lynn (charted 1982), Bobby Darin, The Bee Gees, Maria Muldaur, The Vogues, Vince Gill, Chet Atkins, John Davidson, & The Turtles.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:09:28 AM by mikee » Logged
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:31:45 PM »

Hmm, thanks, maybe it might've been the Turtles version I heard..

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx