gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:38:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 35: Bangor, ME (Waterfront Park) June 22, 2012  (Read 40467 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »

I'll be there! Anybody else?
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »

Yes, front row. My fourth and final show of the tour
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:28:26 PM »

Cool! Well, I'll be reporting back at some point -- if not Friday, then on Saturday.

Hoping for a great show.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

Breaking news: they are running thru Pet Sounds at soundcheck. Also Rain. Long story.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »

Breaking news: they are running thru Pet Sounds at soundcheck. Also Rain. Long story.

Dude.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

...The Beatles' Rain?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »

More an impromptu band jam. Totten was not pleased.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

But Pet Sounds was part of the plan?

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »

Yes. Dave didn't make the first batch of VIP pix because he was working with the band onstage.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »

Totten was not pleased.

I can see that.  Great musician, but he really runs a tight ship up there.  He definitely takes the job very seriously.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »

I'd love one or two instrumental tracks to show off David's guitar playing. I'd love to hear "Surf jam" for example.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

This was on the day of my birthday, how come i didn't recieved free tickets? come on The Beach Boys now Sad
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »

Pet Sounds debuted tonight. Opened second set, just Dave and the band. PS live style.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »

*gasp*

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

Awesome!!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

I remember thinking they might do something like this, especially since I figured they'd be doing long shows and would want a longer break.

Hopefully they are still doing "Add Some Music" as well to open the second set with the full BB band.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »

Sad bits -- no This Whole World, Marcella, Darlin or Disney Girls.

However, Dave on Pet Sounds! And Brian gave Dave a part on Add Some Music, too. Dave sang Getcha Back, Mike took back Hawaii. A very Dave-featured show, which was cool.

Brian was a bit space cadet-like, but knocked several of his leads out of the park. Sail on Sailor was awesome. And Do You Wanna Dance returned. No Walusko.

Anyway, much more to tell but I only have an iPad at present and typing on it is unpleasant. I will answer any other questions, though.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »

Ah Pet Sounds is cool, but not worth the tradeoff of the other 4 . I am going tomorrow night in Saratoga and was really looking forward to hearing Darlin. I hope it's back in tomorrow night.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »

The mandatory Shady question, how was the attendance?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »

Ah Pet Sounds is cool, but not worth the tradeoff of the other 4 . I am going tomorrow night in Saratoga and was really looking forward to hearing Darlin. I hope it's back in tomorrow night.

I can live without Darlin', but no Marcella? Say it ain't so! I hope they get it back in there tomorrow! Its Bubba's big night!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »

Also, no It's OK. Seems like they felt the set list was getting a little out of hand, and this was a pretty meat and potatoes crowd, as Carl would say. (Though they did love Brian.)

Looked like a sellout crowd to me. Pretty close at least. They might have had problems selling VIP ackages -- lots of radio contest winners sitting around me in the front rows.

Isn't It Time was rather a dud, I hate to say. Brian is indeed doubled by Jeff, but then a couple of other people have come in too. The added instruments in the chorus were a little too randomly arranged for my tastes.

Interesting point -- Brian missed beginnings to lines a few places (as he does), but the one who made the biggest mistakes was Mike, who didn't sing opening lines in California and notably messed up lyrics in a couple of other tunes. Foskett was making fun of him.

Unexpected surprise -- Why Do Fools Fall in Love was magical. A transcendent experience. With Totten and Foskett singing a unison lead.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:16:26 PM by Wirestone » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »

Pretty wonderful to hear they opened the second set with Pet Sounds with Marks! Video, anybody?
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »

Aww I hope Darlin' finds itself back in the setlist, as well as This Whole World for tonight's show!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »

Marcella should never be taken off of the setlist.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 05:34:11 AM »

Also, no It's OK. Seems like they felt the set list was getting a little out of hand, and this was a pretty meat and potatoes crowd, as Carl would say. (Though they did love Brian.)

Looked like a sellout crowd to me. Pretty close at least. They might have had problems selling VIP ackages -- lots of radio contest winners sitting around me in the front rows.

Isn't It Time was rather a dud, I hate to say. Brian is indeed doubled by Jeff, but then a couple of other people have come in too. The added instruments in the chorus were a little too randomly arranged for my tastes.

Interesting point -- Brian missed beginnings to lines a few places (as he does), but the one who made the biggest mistakes was Mike, who didn't sing opening lines in California and notably messed up lyrics in a couple of other tunes. Foskett was making fun of him.

Unexpected surprise -- Why Do Fools Fall in Love was magical. A transcendent experience. With Totten and Foskett singing a unison lead.

Great report, Wirestone.

It's interesting how they still haven't managed a definite live version of the new songs. I think this may have to do with the fragmented way they learned them / recorded them.

Could you confirm if Dave played the lead on PS?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx