gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 08:37:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How punctual has the band been on this tour?  (Read 2337 times)
melody nelson
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »

I have tickets to see these guys on Tuesday night, but I'm scared I won't be able to make it on time. The doors open at 6:30 and the show is scheduled to start at 7:30 - how close to the predicted start date has the band been on the previous shows?
Musketeer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »

I have tickets to see these guys on Tuesday night, but I'm scared I won't be able to make it on time. The doors open at 6:30 and the show is scheduled to start at 7:30 - how close to the predicted start date has the band been on the previous shows?

In Cincinnati they started around 7:40-7:45
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »

Yah 15-20 minutes after schedule for my show
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »

5 minutes late in Atlantic City and about 10-15 last night in Camden.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »

Exactly on time in Pittsburgh, and *early* at Merriweather Post Pavillion.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »

Be in your seat a few minutes EARLY.  In Dallas, the downbeat of Do It Again was at 7:59 pm for an 8 pm show!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »

5 minutes late in Atlantic City and about 10-15 last night in Camden.

5 minutes in Bethlehem.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 09:56:40 PM »

I've never understood why patrons can't get to their seats ahead of time.  Do they ever stop to think how disrupting it is climbing over people after the show starts?  A few years ago at a Brian Wilson show, four people with front row seats came walking in during the last song of the first set.  They missed almost half of the show.
bcdam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »

At the Hollywood Bowl, I believe I got there at 8:05 (the ticket said Cool, and I missed most of "Do It Again". So there you go.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 12:24:26 AM »

I've never understood why patrons can't get to their seats ahead of time.  Do they ever stop to think how disrupting it is climbing over people after the show starts?  A few years ago at a Brian Wilson show, four people with front row seats came walking in during the last song of the first set.  They missed almost half of the show.

Traffic was a BITCH for the Woodlands show. Made it at 7:45 for the 8:00 show...which started at 8:17.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »

A Tom Petty show I saw was the worst audience I saw as far as rudeness goes. Soft drugs are a part of a lot of shows, but some people were so messed up they just wandered around like they were lost. I mean half the people weren't listening at all and it ruined the show for those of us trying to enjoy Petty's fine performance. It was just sad and I'm hardly a prude about such things. I mean if you're gonna get that drunk or stoned stay in your basement and listen to an album. I mean maybe Petty's used to it, but I would hate to be performing and have people wandering around not paying any attention. It really spoiled the show.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »

While the above case does seem extreme.....some of us have commitments such as work. And sometimes traffic is a huge influence.

As a f'rinstance. I saw Jeff Dunham a few weeks ago at the same venue the Beach Boys are playing in London. It was a Friday evening (like the BBs). Now...I actually work a stone's throw away from Wembley but because I was attending the Dunham show with my wife and some friends and because I wanted to drop off my work bag I went home first. I finish work at 4 so no problem.

I met with my friends at 5:45 for an 8pm show (I think). It should take an hour to drive from home to Wembley. We all went in the same car and  ended up getting to within two miles of Wembley Arena by around 6:30....and took until 8pm to travel the final two miles. Lucky Jeff started 20 minutes late and we were in our seats having emptied our bladders before anything happened. But what seemed like an easy schedule turned out to be quite tight.

Now I am not privy to our friend's situation but maybe he's working until 6, the venue is perhaps a 90 minute drive away and he can't get out of work early?
melody nelson
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:48:19 AM »

Now I am not privy to our friend's situation but maybe he's working until 6, the venue is perhaps a 90 minute drive away and he can't get out of work early?
This is exactly the situation I am working with!

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I'm probably going to miss the beginning of the show, which is a drag, but at least their performances are pretty long and most of my favourite tunes are showing up later in the set lists.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 05:15:43 AM »

Worst/best 'late to a gig' story I have is going to see Randy Newman earlier this year, where I left the house in perfect time to go catch the tube to the venue. Enough time for a drink beforehand, chill out, wait for the show, etc.

We were stuck in a tunnel for 20 minutes. Upon finally reaching the stop, I sprinted out of the tube, up to the venue, up several flights of stairs to my balcony seats, got in, and as I sat down.... the house lights faded. Perfect, were I not utterly shattered throughout the first ten minutes of the set  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 05:15:47 AM »

Traffic was a BITCH for the Woodlands show. Made it at 7:45 for the 8:00 show...which started at 8:17.

i know exactly what traffic you are talking about.  that SUCKED.  
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx