gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:44:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All Summer Long is my least favorite Beach Boys album  (Read 15572 times)
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »

I seriously can't fathom someone who calls themselves a Beach Boys fan passing on Girls On The Beach and Wendy.  I can understand preferring their later material...but those are great f***ing songs.

All Summer Long is the quintessential Beach Boys album, regardless of whether Today!, Pet Sounds and Smile are better and more complex lyrically/musically.  It is the album that defines who and what the group were at the zenith of their popularity and there's nothing particularly wrong with that.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »

WIIIEEEHHHNNNDDDEEEEE

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »

That's alright, Aegir. Everyone has their own opinion. Even though in my opinion it's amazing. I personally can't stand to listen to much of 15 Big Ones. Yet a lot of people here really like it.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:47 AM »

I must admit ASL is my least favorite BBs pre-PS album. Gosh, even Surfin' Safari and Party get my vote!!! Except IGA, the t/t and GOTB, there's nothing special on All Summer Long in my book.   

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 05:48:52 AM »

Personally, ASL is one of my favourite BB albums-Top 5 easily.

It has no. 1 hit and a handful of songs that sum up the time they were written in so excellently, I don't need to have lived in 1964. I can imagine 'putting my buddies in the boot' or dreading that it 'won't be long til summer time is through'

One question-does anyone know what recording sessions their favourites were? I know the note played on the piano at the end is the first note on Don't Back Down but I'm curious if it's been established where the others are from
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx