gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:00:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why didn't we get a new BBs album in 1974/early 1975?  (Read 5762 times)
MBE
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

I don't see why there's no love for Rock and Roll Music. Okay, maybe the album version is comparatively sterile, but the single version kicks.
I've always liked it. Hope the heavy version comes out one day.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »

"Just An Imitation" sure has an interesting story behind it, but I'm not sure how one can include it in a list of songs they'd consider a credit to such an album without ever hearing it. Maybe you'd think it totally suxxx ;( They definitely could have put something really nice together around this time, though. They probably could have even pulled off one more "classic" Beach Boys album.

Yeah, really, who knows how great "Just An Imitation" is. Andrew says that a person who would know told him it was "Pet Sounds good", but apparently it was never recorded in any fashion. And I doubt anybody remembers how it goes, so I'm just considering it good as lost. So there's no use getting upset about stuff we have no chance of hearing. That's the way I feel about the "Aesop's Fables" (1973-1975) part of Brian's career. I'd like to hope the best stuff has already come out in some form, or is coming out relatively soon on the box set or whatever other archival releases are coming out.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

Ok, here is what they had in 1974 to use on a new LP:

Brian songs:
Rollin' Up To Heaven
You're Riding High On The Music
Lucy Jones
California Feelin'
It's Ok
Child Of Winter
Hard Times (not the Blonde-Ricky track)

Mike Tracks:
Our Life, Our Love, Our Land
Don't Let Me Go (written with Carl)

Dennis Tracks:
River Song

Al Tracks:
LandSlide

That is more that enough to start with for a new LP. The songs were in various stages of completion when the group and Warners decided not to move forward with the LP. It has been rumored that the BB played the tracks in progress for Warners (much like they would for CBS and LA (Light Album) and Warners didnt want to spend any money for sessions including those tracks. I dont really believe that because I would think that Warners would be more than happy to have ANY LP at this time.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx