gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681029 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 09:56:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 31: Susquahanna Bank Center - 6/16/12 - Camden, NJ (Philadelphia area)  (Read 35687 times)
Jason
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »

I'll be the tall dude with glasses and a green "Brian Wilson Presents Pet Sounds" t-shirt.

What section?

Section 102.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »

sitting on the very left (left facing the stage) in nose bleeds...

I kinda look like Seth Rogan (or so everyone tells me that)...look us Justin Plank on facebook and you'll seee. black/thick rim glasses. jeans. a star wars lego tee with the 4 characters walking across Abbey Road. I'll be with my cute girl friend who'll be in a Beatles shirt...if you see me and I don't see you, yell at me and say Punkinhead or Justin or something! I'd be glad to meet you.

BTW, anyone selling "anything" in the parking lot there?   Grin

http://www.facebook.com/justin.plank

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
atroxi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »

I'm in section 200, jeans and white button up shirt with vertical stripes.

Right now I'm standing outside fearing for my life after driving through a wonderful neighborhood to get here...
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »

BTW, anyone selling "anything" in the parking lot there?   Grin

You mean crack? Meth? Bath salts?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »

sec 204 row L seat 37

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »

When I get there, I'll try to wAlk by the Walt Whitman
Thing...but i may get there 20 minutes prior to the show so I don't wanna
MAke anyone late. I'd talk after the show too!!!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

atroxi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

Dave doing Getcha Back....I think that's new! (and random!)
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedĺrar

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »

Wow, I actually really like Getcha Back and would love it if they kept that in rotation.
SG7
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »

That was a song I was hoping they were going to add.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »

I'm too lazy at the moment to check the count, but since they've added Darlin' and Getcha Back in the last couple of nights...that puts them at over 50 songs performed on this tour.  Anybody know the number off the top of their head?  Impressive, regardless.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »

It was a great show. Dave did great at getcha back.
Darn that Bruce for tryin to get everyone to clap on
Every song!

Btw tried lookin for the smiley members during intermission but no luck.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

That was a song I was hoping they were going to add.

Were you there?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

atroxi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »

I wound up abandoning my seat to head to the lawn mid show. I was unfortunately sitting next to a rather obnoxious family.

Sight and sound were much better on the lawn!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »

This whole world and California dreamin were missing.....at least I think CD used to be
On the set list....glad to hear "you're under arrest!"

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jason
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:55 PM »

Here's what they played...not in any order, but it's close.

Do It Again
Little Honda
Catch a Wave
Hawaii
Don't Back Down
Surfin' Safari
Surfer Girl
Then I Kissed Her
Wendy
Isn't It Time
Marcella
It's OK
Kiss Me Baby
When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
California
Be True To Your School
Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Getcha Back
Disney Girls
Cotton Fields
Please Let Me Wonder
Heroes and Villains
Don't Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I Get Around
Add Some Music To Your Day
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
Darlin'
That's Why God Made The Radio
In My Room
Sail On Sailor
All This Is That
Forever
God Only Knows
Good Vibrations
California Girls
All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda
Rock and Roll Music
Do You Wanna Dance
Surfin' USA
Kokomo
Barbara Ann
Fun Fun Fun

I might have missed a few; please correct me if necessary. I did not take notes as I was too busy whooping, yelling "I LOVE YOU (insert member here)!!!11oneone", and singing along.

This tour needs to be seen. Anyone who calls him or herself a Beach Boys fan that does not see this tour is missing out. Seriously. This is a great thing. The band is ON FIRE. They are firing on all cylinders. Brian sounded good, David sang Getcha Back (he had a bit of trouble with the lyrics), Marcella kicked SO MUCH ASS (my "YESSSSSS!!!" could probably be heard for miles), All This Is That was transcendent, Al, Al, and more Al (he sounds GREAT!), Bruce was so animated, Michael's stage banter was legitimately hilarious.

I teared up a bit during Forever and God Only Knows. Michael's introduction was tasteful and respectful.

If you haven't bought tickets yet GET OFF OF YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW and f***ing BUY THEM. Now. I am not kidding. SEE THIS TOUR. Seriously. You, reading this post who hasn't bought a ticket. BUY ONE. NOW.

Again, bolded, italicized, underlined, striked-through, glowed, shadowed, marquee'd, and BLOWN UP IN LARGE PRINT -

SEE THIS TOUR.
EDIT - Added a few more songs that originally eluded me, I believe I have the entire song list, but not the correct order. Will write a more balanced report tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:07:44 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

Just got back. I have mixed feelings about this show - not because of the boys' performance. It really does matter where you sit - I was in section 204 and was surrounded by a few assholes (one was really drunk), the sound system wasnt loud enough during the first set, and i couldnt see faces (besides the jumbo tron).
Second set rocked.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 10:20:47 PM »

Just got back. I have mixed feelings about this show - not because of the boys' performance. It really does matter where you sit - I was in section 204 and was surrounded by a few assholes (one was really drunk), the sound system wasnt loud enough during the first set, and i couldnt see faces (besides the jumbo tron).
Second set rocked.
I walked in the front section of 204, I was in row L of 204 and some douche yelled "Play the old sh!t!" before THat's what God Made the Radio was sung....what a tool.   anyways, I walked in front of your row saying: "EgoHanger1966, EgoHanger1966, EgoHunter1966"   but no one responded. I had a hard time seeing Brian and while Brian's the highlight, I was sad not to see him as much. My girlfriend love Brian's Adidas pants when he got on bass....I said, "honey, he's been wearing those type of pants since the mid 70s....it's what he's comfy in."

And I ran into some folks in line after who had a visitor pass, they told me they had a friend in the band and that's how they got em....I asked who the friend was, and they said Darian S....I was so envious of them.

Great time was had except by douche's who yell for old music and wear hawaii lei's and tropical shirts and yell for Kokomo...btw, those damn beach balls being hit around reminded me of that video where Jeff, Carl, MIke....anyone in the band performing got hit by the beach boys

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »

One last thought!

and it was entirely random!

After the show, music started playing and it was Summer Means New Love...has that happen at any other shows? I was disappointed when I'm Bugged at my Old Man didn't play after, though I did start to sing it.....actually, nothing played after it.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »

I'm gonna tell this story while it's still fresh.

So, the sound system is already weak enough where I'm sitting, the chatter of the crowd could clearly be heard over the music. I was feelin' kinda peeved because I felt so far away, hardly an interactive experience like Bethlehem. Bruce starts Disney Girls and this drunk guy in back of me is having a conversation, rudely loud. The woman next to me asks him to stop talking and he starts a confrontation. Her daughter turns around and utters four simple words: "Shut the f*** up". This pisses the guy off so much, he starts hurling insults at this poor young woman who just wants to watch the show. Note, I am a very reserved person, so for me to say anything means I'm really pissed. He's going off about how he's offended that she used the f word, blah blah blah. I can't freaking hear Disney Girls over all this commotion and it's driving me batshit - I PAYED for these tickets too. So, I turn around to the guy with a biting tone and say, "HEY. Excuse me sir, would you please stop talking?". He was so drunk, all he could think to say was "maybe YOU should stop talking", which was utterly ridiculous because that's the only thing I said. Eventually, he spilled his beer and left. Jerk.

But yeah, the people around you can really affect your concert experience. When there are so many people in front of you and it's light out, it was just really hard to get into "the zone", so many distractions. I'm sure if i'd been up close like some of you, I would have enjoyed the show fully. As the first set got further and further, my experience got better. The second set was amazing, they fixed the sound and it was dark, all of the problems from the first set didn't matter.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

One last thought!

and it was entirely random!

After the show, music started playing and it was Summer Means New Love...has that happen at any other shows? I was disappointed when I'm Bugged at my Old Man didn't play after, though I did start to sing it.....actually, nothing played after it.

Yeah, they had Summer Means...at the Bethlehem show I was at in May, too.

Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »

It is so cool reading everyone's reviews from these concerts, seeing how excited everybody gets...a good chunk of us weren't even born back when they were creating all this amazing music, and look at what we're getting to experience now. It blows my mind! I love this group of guys so freaking much Happy Dance
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

P.S - they were still doing the buy 9 and get 1 autographed. I couldn't pass it up. Emptied my wallet!

I now have a bunch of extra copies (I just listed some on Amazon), I'll sell a sealed copy to any board member with paypal for $9, free shipping.
Or, we can go thru Amazon, but you'd pay moah...

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:35 AM »

A good friend of mine celebrated his birthday with his wife at tonight's show. At the end of the night, Darian sailed a paper airplane of the set list into the crowd - and it landed in his wife's lap. Score!

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
adavidw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »

Was Nicky Wonder at this show or is he still MIA?
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 01:07:36 AM »

Was Nicky Wonder at this show or is he still MIA?

I did not see Nicky.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx