gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680552 Posts in 27595 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 02:29:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mark Linett Thread  (Read 243503 times)
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: January 24, 2017, 09:09:19 PM »

Congratulations to Mr. Linett!  Well-deserved too, as Roxy was a well-compiled album!  Welcome back Mr. Desper!  It is always a pleasure to read your insights with the Boys!
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:28:35 PM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2018, 04:02:02 AM »

Oh, that's cool! The Roxy album still sounds as fresh and exciting as the day it came out.

But the reason I looked up this thread is that I wanted to congratulate on something else, Mark. I never in my life listened to 5.1 because I never had the right set up. I do however own the Pet Sounds audio DVD for years now. Now my brother got rid of his old stuff and gave me his audio equipement and I finally listened to Pet Sounds in 5.1 yesterday. It was a great experience and even gave me a fresh look at the production of this album. So thanks for your work on that, Mark!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 17, 2020, 01:54:08 AM »

My thanks Stephen and everyone. I had not heard about this.

Does someone have a link to the list ? I can only find 2016 not the one for this year, and the link in Stephen's message doesn't seem to work.

Best

Mark

Sorry to quote this old post, Mr. Linett. It's just a way of drawing your attention to aeijtzsche's topic addressed to you:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26941.0.html

My apologies (again) if you've seen it already. 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Danny White
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 27, 2020, 03:24:50 AM »

Hi Mark,

We've been looking for a photo from the control room at Sunset Sound Studio #2, for many years now and one showed up of all places in the LA Times a few weeks ago. Paul Camarata (Tutti's son), owner of Sunset Sound sent me The Times link and affirmed that this is the recording console he remembered from his childhood growing up at the studio. It's the first English console ever delivered to the US, a Sound Techniques A Range, and it was in Studio #2 from April 1967 to the summer of 1974.  The Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones and many others recorded on this very console. In this photo, it was Frank Zappa's turn working hree on the Hot Rats session. My question is: Would you Mark/anyone know if parts of Surf's Up or Sunflower were recorded in #2? I spoke recently with Bruce Botnick about the subject but he had already long moved on to Elektra at the time of those sessions and did not know. This is the console that those meters came from that we talked about some years ago. Thanks Much.

Danny White
www.soundtechniques.com
www.soundtechniquesmovie.com
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx