gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:54:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Brian Wilson Comes To My House' blog entry - Holland-era cassette recording  (Read 9060 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

It could be more then one voice. It seems that I hear Carl talking toward the end. Also, are we sure this is 1974? I will also state that just because the words are different on Suzie Cinncinatti doesn't mean its not Al. He could have changed the lyrics like he does often to his songs. Plus, if it is 1974, it may have been a few years since he sang it, or listened to it. So maybe he did forget his own song. Having said that, much of the vocals throughout the tape sound like Brian to me.

I agree it's two men talking to each other and singing different parts of the song, but it sounds to me like the other voice is Al.  I'm guessing it's Al and Brian.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »

I love this recording because its Brian.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
rogerlancelot
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »

I love this recording because its Brian.

Because A&E Biography says so!

Grin
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »

it's Mike Love immitating both Brian and Al in order to confuse people..all he has to do is hold his nose and he sounds JUST like them..
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »

And Hans borrowed the tape recorder to Brian (not AL!) so he could record at home!

Anyone actually see Brian use it ?  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »

And Hans borrowed the tape recorder to Brian (not AL!) so he could record at home!

Anyone actually see Brian use it ?  Roll Eyes
All that is known is that it was Hans free...

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »

Thought it was Brian for some time (after hearing it when first getting into the band), but listened again a few months ago (i.e. after becoming more familiar with their voices) and am about 99% sure it's Al. If it's not just Al, it's mostly Al with some Brian, but that doesn't seem likely.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

I was born in 1977. In a previous life, I was Banana, Brian's dog. And I remember quite vividly that it was Brian. But I was upset at him because I wanted some food. So I took a sh** in his sand box.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »

I was born in 1977. In a previous life, I was Banana, Brian's dog. And I remember quite vividly that it was Brian. But I was upset at him because I wanted some food. So I took a sh** in his sand box.

Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »

All that is known is that it was Hans free...

Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »

I agree it's two men talking to each other and singing different parts of the song, but it sounds to me like the other voice is Al.  I'm guessing it's Al and Brian.

According to Al, it is. The half-spoken part near the end of the clip 'and if children could fly, there'd be no need for birds' sounds nothing like Brian, nor does the Susie Cincinnati clip. I do hear more than one person on there, but the majority of it is Al.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »

It's Al with a really bad cold. -shrug-
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »

so... it's Brian then? glad we got that cleared up.
MBE
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »

I have to lean to Brian as it sound a lot like him on the Fairy Tale home tape from 1973.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »

It came to me in a dream, Al with an "A".

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »

According to Al, it is. The half-spoken part near the end of the clip 'and if children could fly, there'd be no need for birds' sounds nothing like Brian, nor does the Susie Cincinnati clip. I do hear more than one person on there, but the majority of it is Al.

I would like a more direct source Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »

I agree that i hear two different guys at times.  But the way the song is being introduced/played is just like how brian is on that "heroes and villains" demo/radio thing.  

really pretty/sad song too.  Surprised it isn't bigger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2ttxX1BoY
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:25:00 AM by Runaways » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

Well, Al claims its him according to Billy C. So need we debate that most of it is him? Even though my ears told me its Brian, Al knows best. It brings back memories. Forever. Forever memories.

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »

Al also didn't remember recording the spanish vocals in IJWMFTT. Love the guy, but I'm just sayin'.

Sounds to me like it's BW from an era right between the golden years and 15 Big Ones. In which we have pretty much NOTHING to compare it to, other than the intro of California where he's singing in a different tone.

edit: Also I could be wrong, but this seems like a chord progression only Brian could hear and figure out right away. Pretty sure Al's only into 1-4-5 chords. Then again, he always carried his note perfectly within Brian's intricate arrangements, so who knows.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:13:32 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
MBE
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 12:11:26 AM »

Also Al took full credit for Be Here In The Morning where my ears tell me Brian is singing co-lead. To prove my point, Brian himself told me detail about his co-lead and how he approached it
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »

If Al's memory is so great, as if he REALLy remembers the renting of the instruments and all, why can't he recount any details of their concert appearances  from December 1961 to February of 1962.
That's what I WANT to hear about

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

Well, in that case, I am going to claim that Help Me Rhonda is actually sung by Brian because my ears tell me it sounds like him. Forget the facts or what is said in the session tapes or what the Beach Boys say. Maybe they all forgot and it was actually Brian singing HMR.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »

Well, in that case, I am going to claim that Help Me Rhonda is actually sung by Brian because my ears tell me it sounds like him. Forget the facts or what is said in the session tapes or what the Beach Boys say. Maybe they all forgot and it was actually Brian singing HMR.

You're right, Al and Brian both sang and both didn't sing Be Here in the Morning.
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »

The blog is down, can anybody re-up the file? :/

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
MBE
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 10:59:41 PM »

Fact's speak for themselves when you talk to people who made the record, Desper confirmed it too. Al does the super high call vocal, with Brian up top he and the group the responce. I could say what I think of your witty Roll Eyes reply, but I figure most people reading this thread do care what people at the session have to say. Also it is so kind of you to dismiss Brian, who is an excellent source when a question gets his attention.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:15:18 PM by Mike Eder » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx