gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:11:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BB vinyl score thread  (Read 9205 times)
MBE
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

I've spent far too much money on Beach Boys vinyl over the years, but one of the few bargains I've chanced upon was (in the mid-90s) a UK test pressing of Holland with "We Got Love" for £5.
Nice!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »

I've spent far too much money on Beach Boys vinyl over the years, but one of the few bargains I've chanced upon was (in the mid-90s) a UK test pressing of Holland with "We Got Love" for £5.

nice find. better deal than i got. i paid $300 for a us test pressing of holland with we got love back in the '80's. it also came with the coupling sheet for that version of the lp.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »

It's been the opposite for me, I've been selling Beach Boys vinyl.  I sold my DCC Pet Sounds and I'm selling the major boots.  It's a drag but I need the money more than I need the records I guess.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »

I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl, so I was pleasantly surprised when I scored a French copy of "Beach Boys 66/69" on blue vinyl for $5.50.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »

Anyone know where I could get the cover to Shut Down Vol. 2? Oddly enough, I only have the vinyl (a friend gave it to me) but I don't have a cover for it.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

I'm a sucker for coloured vinyl, so I was pleasantly surprised when I scored a French copy of "Beach Boys 66/69" on blue vinyl for $5.50.

Beach Boys 62/65 is out there also, on clear vinyl. The easy way to spot them in the racks: the colored/clear vinyls have an SPC catalog prefix, while the regular LPs have 2C.184
All numbers are in the upper left corner.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »

Beach Boys 62/65 is out there also, on clear vinyl. The easy way to spot them in the racks: the colored/clear vinyls have an SPC catalog prefix, while the regular LPs have 2C.184

Yeah, it took me over 22 years to track that one down after first reading about it in Brad Elliot's Surf's Up in 1989. All copies I saw throughout my search were of the 2C.184... variety, until late last year.

Any idea what the ratio of black to coloured vinyl is for these comps?

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

Yeah, it took me over 22 years to track that one down after first reading about it in Brad Elliot's Surf's Up in 1989. All copies I saw throughout my search were of the 2C.184... variety, until late last year.

Any idea what the ratio of black to coloured vinyl is for these comps?

Don't have a clue.  I bought  both the colored versions when they were released in 1978

Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 12:30:19 AM »

I just scored a VG++ stock copy of "He's A Doll" by the Honeys for a song and a dance this weekend.  I was very shocked to see that one.  It will replace my VG copy I paid dearly for on ebay years ago.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »

I just scored a VG++ stock copy of "He's A Doll" by the Honeys for a song and a dance this weekend.  I was very shocked to see that one.  It will replace my VG copy I paid dearly for on ebay years ago.

Good for you!  That's one I'm still searching, your find  means there's hope!

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:08 AM »

Not a big deal, I know, but I won the Mojo Cabinessence vinyl from eBay yesterday. The SS box doesn't feel complete to me without it.
dcowboys107
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »

I got a duophonic original Wild Honey not too long ago.

I was expecting it to be crap but I can't find anything to really complain about.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 01:42:52 AM »

Recent ones for me are:

Surf's Up on Stateside with the lyric sheet for £1.99 in Oxfam. Amongst some Rod Stewart and Richard Clayderman LPs at £6-8 each
Blondie Chaplin solo LP for £1 at a record fair in Reading (also there was Jimmy Page, probably looking for Zep boots!)
BWPS on double vinyl for £2 and Made in the USA 2LP for 50p at a local record stall
Smile Vigotone 2LP test pressing for £10 (see Smile bootleg thread for photos etc)

Re: eBay-my best buys were the Paul Stanley and Peter Criss solo LPs from '78(?). £3 each. When they arrived, the seller had sent me the signed copies he had sold for £30each!
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »

My Best of the Beach Boys from '66 came in today! Bought it for the sole purpose of Kiss Me, Baby.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx