gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:44:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My list of demands regarding the next Beach Boys album  (Read 17324 times)
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Needs a few Chuck Berry covers ... (It's not a real Beach Boys album without some Chuck Berry).

I'm thinking Mike doing 'My Ding-a-Ling'.

Seriously, It's an audience participation number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWMJLUbk10

Evil
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »

MOOG SYNTH

that is all

Edit: Also include Don't Fight The Sea, Wouldn't It Be Nice Too Live Again (I know they don't sound like that now but lets just get it out there) and re-record new versions of California Feelin', Midnight's Another Day and Southern California. Also bring back Brian's 80's Getcha Back falsetto for a song or two in the studio. (If he can still do it.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:29:09 PM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
SG7
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

1. More cowbell

2. More pirate rapping, because why not?

3. A track similar to Bull Session with Big Daddy

Grin
oldsurferdude
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

Perhaps the Executive Producer of the next album could be a committee of concerned Smiley Boarders... geez, if only we'd been around 50 years ago, THIS BAND NEED NEVER HAVE MADE A MISTAKE!

True that.

OldSurferDude would have kicked Myke Luhv out immediately, Ghost would have turned Brian onto acid at the recording session for Surfin', and the rest of us would be in an all-out fist fight in the parking lot outside Western (started over the recommended use of Moog Synthesizers on Pet Sounds).

Though, more seriously, I think this thread was made for kicks....and responded to by people who are bored out of their skulls at their work/home/library/space-station. I hope to God Brian doesn't actually take notes from this thread Grin
+1-for spelling Myke's name correctly. Wink
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »

Brian talking about the catering on the new tour. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »

MOOG SYNTH

that is all

Edit: Also include Don't Fight The Sea, Wouldn't It Be Nice Too Live Again (I know they don't sound like that now but lets just get it out there) and re-record new versions of California Feelin', Midnight's Another Day and Southern California. Also bring back Brian's 80's Getcha Back falsetto for a song or two in the studio. (If he can still do it.)

Moog Synth - Thumbs Up
Don't Fight The Sea - Computer Smash!

Brian talking about the catering on the new tour. Grin

LOL
_____

I've broken my personal record for most emoticons used in a post here Rock!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »

Perhaps the Executive Producer of the next album could be a committee of concerned Smiley Boarders... geez, if only we'd been around 50 years ago, THIS BAND NEED NEVER HAVE MADE A MISTAKE!

True that.

OldSurferDude would have kicked Myke Luhv out immediately, Ghost would have turned Brian onto acid at the recording session for Surfin', and the rest of us would be in an all-out fist fight in the parking lot outside Western (started over the recommended use of Moog Synthesizers on Pet Sounds).

Though, more seriously, I think this thread was made for kicks....and responded to by people who are bored out of their skulls at their work/home/library/space-station. I hope to God Brian doesn't actually take notes from this thread Grin
+1-for spelling Myke's name correctly. Wink

Anytime OldSurferDude! Grin

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »

One simple demand: That it be AT LEAST as good as That's Why God Made The Radio. Otherwise, what's the point? If they're not sure that they can meet that demand, they should  just stick to solo projects or, better yet, retire on a high note.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:18:39 PM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »

Brian's got himself in a box here. 
We know he wants to do a 'Phil Spector' rock n roll record, and yet if he actually does and records it with his own band there'll be blowback from those who say "why didn't you record it with the Beach Boys?"

So if he's got some rockin' numbers in his jumpers, then have 'em grace the next Beach Boy album. Maybe one or two slow ones MAX...the rest just rockin'. And cookin'. In the kitchen of Love.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »

We know he wants to do a 'Phil Spector' rock n roll record, and yet if he actually does and records it with his own band there'll be blowback from those who say "why didn't you record it with the Beach Boys?"

Or they will be so cosmically out there that people say "It's a good thing he didn't record those songs with The beach Boys"

Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »

So if he's got some rockin' numbers in his jumpers, then have 'em grace the next Beach Boy album. Maybe one or two slow ones MAX...the rest just rockin'. And cookin'. In the kitchen of Love.

I think these days Brian's notion of a rockin' number is more along the lines of Soul Searchin' than Soul Man. Besides, there's no law that says the other Beach Boys can't sing on a Brian solo album where needed.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »

Edit: Also include Don't Fight The Sea, Wouldn't It Be Nice Too Live Again (I know they don't sound like that now but lets just get it out there) and re-record new versions of California Feelin', Midnight's Another Day and Southern California.

NO rerecording old songs, NO releasing songs that have already been released on Al's solo album. what's wrong with you people? for every new "California Feelin'" we lose a song we've never heard and will never hear.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »

If Brian can't come up with something to rival "Summer's Gone" as the album closer (and I have a feeling he shouldn't even attempt to), then re-record "Southern California" from "TLOS" with Beach Boys vocals.

Hear, hear. That song would be an awesome ending on a BB album.

Also,... as others have mentioned they should record at least one full-out fast rocker. That's Why God Made the Radio would definately have benefitted from at least one fast song to balance things.

AND..... why not a Bruce lead? Or at least some vocal tid bits on a few tracks. I wish he'd be more audible on the new album.

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

I think these days Brian's notion of a rockin' number is more along the lines of Soul Searchin' than Soul Man. Besides, there's no law that says the other Beach Boys can't sing on a Brian solo album where needed.

True. For instance, I'd love to hear the Beach Boys on Message Man and I'm Into Something Good.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »

What if due to the success of That's Why God Made The Radio they were forced to put out a new album for October?

Maybe they could pad it out with a couple of Surf Instrumentals called Surf Dawg, Beach Trippin' or Big Woodie.

They could have a spoken word track called Bryon Wilsin and Myke Luhv Discuss World Peace (and How To Speak Hip).

Give Al a song about visiting the dentist and brushing your teeth.

Have Mike write about having fun fun fun spreading his good vibes doing it again all summer long passing by having a good time adding some music to his day in the parkin' lot.

Let Mike write about meditating with the Maharishi.

Let Brian write a song about his dogs.

Let Brian write a song about Norbit.

Get The artist who drew the cover for the 1975 Spirit Of America comp to do the album artwork.

Make the album 22 minutes long.

Only release it on Vinyl.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:10:07 PM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »

1. No Joe Thomas involvement.
2. Beach Boys only vocals
3. Record & mix to tape (no computers)
4. Produced by BW
5. All songs written or co-written by BW

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »

4. Produced by BW

Also,

6. Only available on wax cylinders.

Because they sound so "warm," you know.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »

Instead of being nostalgic, how about more modern lyrical content.
Songs about ipods, itunes, FB, Twitter etc
Even mention email and faxes, 5o years of change! Maybe reference the latest bands and solo artist to bring them up to a more modern audience!
A song about planking, reflect today's society, multi-culturism, winning the war on terror etc
No one picks up Good Vibrations anymore! Nor do they have fun!! Or Get around!!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »

Instead of being nostalgic, how about more modern lyrical content.
Songs about ipods, itunes, FB, Twitter etc
Even mention email and faxes, 5o years of change! Maybe reference the latest bands and solo artist to bring them up to a more modern audience!
A song about planking, reflect today's society, multi-culturism, winning the war on terror etc
No one picks up Good Vibrations anymore! Nor do they have fun!! Or Get around!!!

Dear Beach Boys, don't do any of this.  Thanks.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »

So just like the one we have now!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »

I'd really like if they "warmed up" for this next album by laying new vocal tracks on some of Brian's recent best solo stuff. I've always dreamt of hearing Al on Morning Beat and Bruce tackling The Like in I Love You at schmaltzyness level 11. The idea of having everyone tackle a verse of Southern California is also a very cool idea. I wonder if they could get Mike to sing Live Let Live  LOL

It'd take, what, a couple of days to record? They'd make perfect bonus tracks imo.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »

uhhhhmmm ...

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »

4. Produced by BW

Also,

6. Only available on wax cylinders.

Because they sound so "warm," you know.

wax cylinders don't sound warm at all bro. and they sound like $hit. tape sounds good.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

I demand Carl and Dennis Wilson be resurrected from the dead.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »

This guy should produce their next album....

http://www.youtube.com/user/terminalpictures

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx