gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680771 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 12:30:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys on Jay Leno tonight !  (Read 27060 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »

Post your reports !

Anyone who will record this ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:02:58 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »

I believe there's a story on the BBs reunion today on Access Hollywood.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

"He sits behind his microphone....
DOUCHE-BAG... LEN-O....
What's with his high-pitched, nasal tone....
DOUCHE-BAG... LEN-O..."
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

"He sits behind his microphone....
DOUCHE-BAG... LEN-O....
What's with his high-pitched, nasal tone....
DOUCHE-BAG... LEN-O..."

Are they strictly musical guests? In that case I'll tune in ~ 10 minutes before the show's over. I can't stand Leno. Maybe while he's on I'll just watch a loop of Bill Hicks' take on his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti73SgrLadU
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

I don't have a TV right now, so I just went to the web site to check if you can view online. It looks like they do regularly post full episodes there, so that was cool. But I also noticed there are "backstage" features here and there... does anyone know what drives that and what the likelihood is we might see some "extras" featuring the Beach Boys?

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

The musical guests are regularly relegated to the LAST 5 MINUTES of the broadcast. Actually closer to 4. I expect the same tonight. Anything more would be a major surprise.
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »

The musical guests are regularly relegated to the LAST 5 MINUTES of the broadcast. Actually closer to 4. I expect the same tonight. Anything more would be a major surprise.

Thanks for the heads up. You just saved me from five potential minutes of Lenorrhea.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

I'll be watching.  I wanna hear how the audience goes APE sh*t at the beginning of the show when he announces that they're there. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:59:09 PM »

I believe there's a story on the BBs reunion today on Access Hollywood.

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/the-beach-boys-good-vibrations:-anatomy-of-a-song/1677332616001
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »

Just saw the Access Hollywood piece with Brian and Mike. Very well done. Brian was lucid. They talked specifically about Good Vibrations. Of course Mike had to brag about writing the lyrics to Good Vibrations on the way to the studio, especially the "I'm Pickin Up GV" part. Brian said he got the idea for the song from Audree talking about vibrations from dogs. Talked about GV being number one in Great Britain, with The Beatles # 2 and The Stones #3. Talked about the Cello and Theremin being in a Rock song for the first time.* Talked about the "bonanza" recording sessions in 5 different studios. The two were laughing and having a good time together. Shades of the two talking about Fun, Fun, Fun on the Stars & Stripes video.

* It was used prior on IJWMFTT.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

Just saw the Access Hollywood piece with Brian and Mike. Very well done. Brian was lucid. They talked specifically about Good Vibrations. Of course Mike had to brag about writing the lyrics to Good Vibrations on the way to the studio, especially the "I'm Pickin Up GV" part. Brian said he got the idea for the song from Audree talking about vibrations from dogs.

You mean neither of them said it was about Loren Daro's wife?  Cheesy

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:29:59 PM by Sound of Free » Logged
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »

I'm hoping we hear Isn't It Time tonight! I'm not tuning in to a little later because Leno makes me nauseous.

NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to record this on a vcr with a digital tv. Someone else can do it.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

I'm going to watch through the whole thing to make sure they don't do an interview with the boys first.  They may. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »

He just ran through who's on the show, and who's going to be on the show later this week.  The crowd cheered each time.  Tom cruise.  Yay!  Catherine Zeta Jones.  Yay!  Julia Louis Dreyfuss (on tonight) Yay!  One of the greatest bands of all time, The Beach Boys.  "YEYEEYEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!" the place went crazy. 

We got some fans in the audience.  All of 'em apparently. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to record this on a vcr with a digital tv. Someone else can do it.

Answer: You don't.  Ditch the VCR.  Enter the 21st Century and get a DVR. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »

He just wasted 10 minutes with some stupid skit about the olympics.  There went our interview. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »

He just wasted 10 minutes with some stupid skit about the olympics.  There went our interview. 

The Beach Boys were just the musical guest.  Don't think there was ever an actual interview planned. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »

Julia Louis Dreyfuss is so frieking hot.  I don't know how she's hotter than she was 20 years ago... but yet she is.  
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »

I'm hoping we hear Isn't It Time tonight! I'm not tuning in to a little later because Leno makes me nauseous.

I'm assuming we'll be hearing TWGMTR, more practice on that one, plus that's the song they're making the video for.
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »

ZZzzzZzZzzZz, Bongs till the Boys!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »

Julia Louis Dreyfuss is so frieking hot.  I don't know how she's hotter than she was 20 years ago... but yet she is.  

Word

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »

She's literally twice my age, but hot damn, that means absolutely nothing. You're right, she's way hotter than "Elaine."
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »

She's so hot, that I used to watch "The New Adventures of Old Christine"... every night.... for about a year, and NEVER REALIZED IT WAS HER.  She looks like a completely different woman.  She seems very happy too, good for her. 
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »

Here we go  Afro

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx