gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:58:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kurt Cobain: Murdered?  (Read 15790 times)
mike thornton
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »

this thread reminds me of conspiricists is general. imaginations taking flight without taking any university-level critical thinking courses.

there's nothing weird or strange about that letter. speaking of empathy, i can completely empathize/sympathize where kurt was coming from. drugs and depression, which most of you poseurs/voyeurs know nothing about, can drop you ***very low***...only i don't have an addictive personality. that's why i'm still here. you can love the fans, but you can't relate to the fans AT ALL. they think they know you inside out and they don't know sh*t. nothing. only courtney knew kurt. and i'm sure that both titillated and scared the sh*t out of her. courtney is a fuckeduplovegoddess, no doubt about it. i've had my fair share of girls like that. i only caught things from them, but i didn't marry them, much less produce offspring.

i only felt very sorry for courtney and francis because kurt was a chickenshit in the end. all the talent and musical wit in the world doesn't make up for being simply that.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 10:20:07 PM »

Sad to say, I know far more about depression than anyone here will ever realize. I've had some serious issues in the past that I won't go into; when I say that Brian's music saved my life, I actually mean it in the literal sense. It got me started on my own music, and that along with my wonderful wife, really is the only thing that keeps me going.

Been like this since I was a small kid, but it's gotten worse over the past 5 years. I've buried both my parents, both my daughters, been close to being homeless...and I was bad off emotionally BEFORE all this happened. I *do* have an addicitive personality, and that is what worries me. Smoking marijuana on occasion has been the only thing that kept me grounded; I've been on anti-depressents before, and they only made me worse. I have used cocaine in the past, and regretfully must admit that that was the worst thing I could've done. Not that I didn't like it; rather the fact that I liked it too much is the problem. I haven't done it in a while, but I know that I do not have the willpower to decline it if it was offered. I come from a long line of alcoholics and drug abusers. I understand why Kurt would have committed suicide if he had (which I don't think he did for the reasons I stated above, not because I don't take what he was going through seriously) and...I had tried it myself on more than one occasion when I was younger.  Thank God I have my three loves :my faith, my wife, and my music.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Thanks for sharing that, my man. We have a lot in common. Bless you.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 01:39:52 PM »

I think there's more going on that "simple suicide" which seems almost wrong to call it...  The one thing that does it for me is that Kurt was too incapacitated to shoot himself.  As has been said, dead men can't kill themselves.  But, in the end, Kurt killed himself one way or the other.

Courtney is a person like the rest of us who has had circumstances in her life shape her a certain way.  Could she behave better?  Perhaps she could, but she's just living her life the way she sees fit.  Does her lifestyle appeal to me?  Not always, but I choose not to judge her.  At least until I spend a sufficient amount of time with her on a day to day basis.  And she's not a killer.  No way.  Plus, her encounter with Madonna was really funny, and I like to see Madonna uncomfotable.  Esther, I mean.

The animosity shown towards Courtney is some kind of suppressed homosexual jealousy or something.

Could you explain what you mean by that, Ron?
Cabana Boy
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, my man. We have a lot in common. Bless you.
Like someone once said...let's all hold hands and sing the coca-cola song.
My Pops tried to drown me at age 3, and I'm not *even vaguely* tortured or depressed!!!!!!!!!!!! Lay off the Radiohead, chaps!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »

The animosity shown towards Courtney is some kind of suppressed homosexual jealousy or something.

Could you explain what you mean by that, Ron?

Sure thing. 

I think some people (and again, just my opinion) often look back on their favorite musicians, heroes, whatever.. and especially dead heroes, with a tendancy to make the good things look better and the bad things look better.  I.E. they don't want to see anything negative about the person, so they look for ways to explain away character flaws or negativity around their heroes. 

To take that to such a level that you would say a woman obviously madly passionately in love with her husband would KILL him.... makes me wonder why someone would have that much animosity towards her that you would insinuate she's guilty of murder.  To me, it's obvious that she was very much in love with Kurt.

So, I've seen in the past situations where say, I don't like a guy who's dating some hot chick I know or something... because I'm ultimately jealous of him.  Women are even worse in many instances, where they hate other women that look better or have a guy that they want. 

So since we've got guys with a lot of animosity towards Courtney, maybe secretely they're jealous that she had so much of their hero, Kurt. 

It's easy to say "oh, she won't let the music be released" or whatever, but the same story was coming out back in the year or two following his death, tons of fans immediately lept to the conclusion that Courtney had something to do with it... when the only position Courtney held at that time in the public's eye was that of Kurt's Wife.  Therefore, theoretically, the only thing they could have hated about her was that she WAS Kurt's wife. 

I heard some story once that Axl Rose saw Kurt & Courtney backstage at some awards show, and Courtney got into it with him, or whatever.. Axl said "Kurt, you better tell your b*tch to shut up"... Kurt turned to Courtney, said "B*tch, shut up" and then they both walked away. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 05:34:56 PM by Ron » Logged
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 07:31:58 PM »

I think that a dealer killing him is a bunk theory. Kurt Cobain was a millionare, he was shelling out thousands a day for a year to serve his addiction. The dealers could make more with him alive than him dead.

How long does it take for the heroin to set it once injected? Could one not jab himself then pull the trigger in a space of 3 seconds?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 10:08:51 PM »

That amount would've hit him instantly, esp. considering it was injected.

I think that a dealer killing him is a bunk theory. Kurt Cobain was a millionare, he was shelling out thousands a day for a year to serve his addiction. The dealers could make more with him alive than him dead.

Unless he pissed the wrong person off.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »

How about this compromise: Kurt wrote the letter (regardless of whether or not he wrote the odd handwriting part at the end), intending to kill himself or at the very least more or less not caring about life anymore, injected himself with heroin, THEN someone else, seeing him in the state he was, thought it would be the perfect time to off him, to make sure he didn't come out of it.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 05:22:32 PM »

Sounds very plausible.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 05:30:25 PM »

How about this compromise:
The author of "I Hate Myself And Want To Die" offed himself!

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 11:44:13 PM »

Besides the drug addictions  :D I don't think Kurt Cobain was any more depressed than the average 27 year old rock star might be at that time. I don't blame him for killing himself, but I feel that he seemed to have been a person always seeking the thoughts of others, while pretending to reject that notion constantly. Perhaps the ultimate cry of help from him, left thousands in mourning and to ever praise his talent.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 01:16:14 AM »

With regards to the note, I'm thinking that maybe he wrote the top part first, then maybe as the time got closer, scribbled down the last part quickly (maybe he wasn't sure how to end it).  Like Josh said, whether it was a gunshot or heroin, it was ultimately Kurt who ended things.  How he did it is irrelevant, I think.  Either way, very sad situation.  I have some personal experience with suicide, and let me tell you it is 10 times harder to deal with than more "natural" causes of death. 
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 01:56:19 AM »

He should've been an author or something instead. He was an intelligent man, something that is overlooked a little bit in him.

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:55 AM »

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 07:30:04 PM »

of course he was murdered.
not news.
Howdy Doody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »

Kurt hated the music biz for all the right reasons.  He was a seriously ill addict-alcoholic as well.  The music biz is a disheartening thing and it can break an unstable person in many intricate permanent ways just look at Brian Wilson.  Courtney had a role of some kind in ending Kurts life, which she deeply regrets now it seems.  She is a non-factor now and no one wants much to do with her, personally as well as creatively.  She never could write a song.  Kurt ghost-wrote Live thru this and when his life ended Courtney made a lot of cash. But she has shown in following releases to be a basic no-talent much like Yoko Ono as well as Sean Lennon too. The guy who played guitar in hole her pathetic band will second this if asked. When people refer to her as the widow of Kurt that pretty much says everything that she truly wished to avoid.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »

She never could write a song.

I witnessed her write several brilliant songs. Kurt did not write any of Live Through This.

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

Kurt Cobain was murdered.

By whom?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx