gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:13:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where the hell can I find Summer in Paradise?  (Read 6764 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

It should be reissued. It's part of the band's oeuvre, whether the fans want to admit it or not.

Maybe from a fan's or completest perspective but if I'm The Beach Boys I'm not going near that record with a barge pole anytime soon.  There is a lot of positive buzz surrounding the band with the C50 and keeping what is arguably the nadir of their released catalog off the shelves is probably a good move.
Yep, let's all play revisionist history and act like it never existed. Seems the Boys' are doing this in their Official Tour Program; from Still Cruisin' right to Smile.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »

Beach Boys Discography through a Bit Torrent site.

Best way to get it.

Azn

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »

I lucked out (if you consider owning a copy of this mess of an album lucky.  It's certainly debatable.) and found a copy of US version at a local used music/book store for $5 here in the US.  It's the only physical copy I've ever seen in a store.  In this same store, I found a copy of Stars & Stripes for $3.  I still think I may have gotten ripped off on both purchases.  Smiley

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »

It's 2012, the Beach Boys are reunited for a critically acclaimed album and 50th anniversary celebration tour, and the top 2 threads on this message board are about "Summer In Paradise." 

Something is wrong with that.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:52 AM »

It's really inessential.  Only for the most hardcore fans.

Thing is, if you're a real fan of a band, you want to be able to say that you own all their albums. And for that, you also need to have a copy of SiP. I suppose that's the main reason why this album sold any copies at all.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:07 AM »

It's 2012, the Beach Boys are reunited for a critically acclaimed album and 50th anniversary celebration tour, and the top 2 threads on this message board are about "Summer In Paradise." 

No, it's cool. We can remember the time when The Beach Boys still had a really bad last album and laugh about it now.  Grin
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 06:45:35 AM »

No, it's cool. We can remember the time when The Beach Boys still had a really bad last album and laugh about it now.  Grin

That's true, but I thought "Stars and Stripes Vol I" was that last really bad album.  (Confession: I do love "Caroline, No" on that album)

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »

I don't mind this album, or Stars and Stripes. I haven't listened to Stars and Stripes in years, though. but I listen to ol' Summer in Paradise every so often.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:41 AM »

I haven't listened to SIP in a while, but I'm sure my family will forever be tormented by the memories of me blasting it out of my stereo constantly when it came out and for a year or two after that...

Hmm, maybe THAT is why they don't like our Boys...  It's all starting to make sense now!   LOL

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

I love the title track, especially the UK version.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx