gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:35:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWGMTR CD Problem?  (Read 1719 times)
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems playing the new CD on the car player.  As soon as I put it in there was this constant clicking sound and it skipped a bit once I got to the title track.  I went back to the store and exchanged for another copy and it had the same problem.  Either I'm ridiculously unlucky, there's something wrong with the car's CD drive, or there's something wrong with the batch the store was selling.

I'm leaning toward the second option, but the problem is every other CD I own seems to work fine on it.  Is there possibly something with the way the new CD was made that would cause me problems on a car player?
I should also mention it seems to be working alright on the CD player (though I haven't listened to the whole thing).  I just wondered if any of you audio aficionados might be able to help. It would be nice to hear the album while cruising.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:03:54 PM by TimeToGetAlone » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »

i didn't have any issues in my car
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »

Mine played great.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »

My first one was defective - at the end of Summer's Gone, another track started playing - I could make out some of the lyrics and they sounded like "wouldn't it be nice to live again". I took it back and got a replacement- whew, all better.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Sea Devil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems playing the new CD on the car player.  As soon as I put it in there was this constant clicking sound and it skipped a bit once I got to the title track.  I went back to the store and exchanged for another copy and it had the same problem.  Either I'm ridiculously unlucky, there's something wrong with the car's CD drive, or there's something wrong with the batch the store was selling.

I'm leaning toward the second option, but the problem is every other CD I own seems to work fine on it.  Is there possibly something with the way the new CD was made that would cause me problems on a car player?
I should also mention it seems to be working alright on the CD player (though I haven't listened to the whole thing).  I just wondered if any of you audio aficionados might be able to help. It would be nice to hear the album while cruising.  Grin

try ripping it to your computer in iTunes with 'audio correction' switched on in the preferences?
then rip a CD from that?
or just take it back?

Still Lurkin'
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »

My itunes download seems to be defective also. When ever I press 'PLAY' a halfway decent Beach Boys album comes on!

Any ideas? Wink
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »

My CD's fine but the car clicks.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »

My first one was defective - at the end of Summer's Gone, another track started playing - I could make out some of the lyrics and they sounded like "wouldn't it be nice to live again". I took it back and got a replacement- whew, all better.

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »

LIES!!!!

you would be the luckiest CD purchaser yet if that happened!  Grin
WIBNTLA will be out thsi year for sure, they wantz dem money
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/8QfSzgV1q5g/hqdefault.jpg
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx