gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681025 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 06:05:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about the PBS special coming up  (Read 1612 times)
Waspinators
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it Clean with Al Jardine

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:48:30 AM »

Is it going to be the entire St. Augustine performance? Or is it gonna be certain songs interlaced with footage from other shows or PBS panhandling? Also, has the time been announced?

I do wonder why they picked the St. Augustine show to be filmed for the special; Brian was still very nervous (not to mention auto-tuned) at the time. Even though it'll be an accurate representation of the May 4th gig I went to 2 days after, those two later Chicago shows would've made for a hell of a special. Either way, ya can't really go wrong with any of the dates from this tour from what I've heard/read.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »

Is it going to be the entire St. Augustine performance? Or is it gonna be certain songs interlaced with footage from other shows or PBS panhandling? Also, has the time been announced?

I do wonder why they picked the St. Augustine show to be filmed for the special; Brian was still very nervous (not to mention auto-tuned) at the time. Even though it'll be an accurate representation of the May 4th gig I went to 2 days after, those two later Chicago shows would've made for a hell of a special. Either way, ya can't really go wrong with any of the dates from this tour from what I've heard/read.

The whole thing is apparently 56 minutes long. Considering they are apparently working in "making of" footage of the new album and some sort of "archival" footage, I'm guessing we'll get only a hand full of songs from the St. Augustine show.

As for why they picked that specific show to shoot, my only guess is that in order to edit the thing and have it aired in June or July, they had to pick an early show on the tour to do it, and pick a venue that could handle the video shoot. Then again, one article talked about scouting locations to shoot the live footage and one they considered was the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. Not sure how they would have shot the show and edited it into the special so quickly. I'm sure it could be done in days or weeks, I dunno.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »

There was a lot of filming going on at the Hollywood Bowl show.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »

Can you elaborate just how much?  I noticed two cameras on tripods on either ends of the stage but all the other cameras available in the seats were for the two video screens projecting the action on stage..so they were probably the house cameras and not necessarily a crew they hired for any DVD...so I'd be interested to know just how many extra cameras were milling about.  I noticed that in the St. Augustine show they had a large camera on a crane for the crowd shots...I figured they would have such a camera in the Bowl show if they were indeed filming for a DVD--but there was none.  I did not notice any cameras right up front on the stage either..no handheld ones at least covering the tip of the stage...were there any?
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

I noticed at least three cameras on stage that were unrelated to the video screens including two guys (or maybe it was just one that moved around a lot) swirling around with steadycams.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »

BTW

I've seen this special listed to air on June 7 in TWO DAYS!

Anyone confirm this?  Don't want to miss this!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/public-television-stations-launch-new-concert-series-front-row-center-beginning-april-2012-141915953.html

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

See this thread for more info:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,13254.0.html
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx