gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:29:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you get your copy?  (Read 8111 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »

I just got back from Target in Jersey City, NJ. At first I didn't see it on any of the endcaps, so I checked the "pop" section, which I guess is supposed to be in alphabetical order but really isn't. After scanning the whole thing I was about to give up but finally realized there was one endcap I hadn't checked. That ended up being "New Releases." There it was, though hard to notice. I paid $7.99 for it. I've heard a few of the tracks on YouTube but am about to start playing the CD.

There was a sticker on it that said "Includes the hit single 'That's Why God Made the Radio.'" Is it a hit?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:12:54 PM by Amy B. » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

I find that sticker hilarious. Like, you need to know "That's Why God Made The Radio" is on an album called That's Why God Made The Radio.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »

It's 9:52 AM in California.

Calmly, oh so calmly, waiting for my package from Amazon.

(resisting impulse to drive one mile to Target)

haha tough position!  did you end up going?

arghh!

No, didn't go to Target (should have).  Amazon says it will be here this afternoon!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »

Walked into the FYE at Paramus Park in NJ and there it was on the new releases rack for $9.99 since I had a credit for $3 I figured today would be the day to use it. Kinda wish I hadn't heard the entire album beforehand as it does ruin the thrill of popping that sucker in the car stereo for the very first time. Oh well......
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »

I ordered mine from Amazon.  Thing said it shipped and was delivered, but I still don't have it yet.  :-(

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »

Got mine at Best Buy for $9.99; Pretty cooL that there were a couple of others playing theirs on their car CD players as I exited the store. Really enjoy the CD; Nice melodies, great harmonies, Al really sounds great in his spots, as does Bruce. Overall, a solid CD.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:21 PM »

Got mine at Target in Burbank...and used my pharmacy 5% off card for even further savings! Whoo-hoo!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »

I downloaded mine illegally  Cry

I am however travelling very far to see their live show in Oslo on July 29th. The trip is very long and expensive so does this make it up (because I am after all seeing them live) or should I fling myself off this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preikestolen for the summer (it's just 1 hour away from me). I am an impoverished student T_T

Oh the dilemma  Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Ahhh! Violin
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »

couldn't pass up the $7.99 price tag at Target.

downloaded the leak last week, but happily deleted those files today. nothing like having the real deal in your hands and on your CD player. and doing your part to get Brian and the Boys back up the charts!!!

wow.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »

I went to Walmart at 1AM after work last night and they still had all of the June 5th releases in their shipping boxes. I asked if I could get a copy of the new BB album and they pulled one out of a box for me. After the guy handed me the album, he looked back into the box. "What's this?" he mumbled as he picked up the new Beatles release. I said thank you and walked away quickly as he examined it.
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »

Downloaded the leak first, because I'm unbelievably impatient.  Evil

Went to K-Mart to pick up the new Alan Jackson CD for my mom's Father's Day present to my dad. Saw The Beach Boys' album there, but figured I'd just get it at Wal-Mart with the rest of what I needed. Incredibly Wal-Mart had none! Either in the regular section or the new releases. I didn't see The Beatles' CD, but they did have Paul and Linda McCartney's Ram reissue displayed in the new releases.

So, back to K-Mart it was. Oddly enough, both mine and my mom's CD rang up cheaper than the price tag. Must be some kind of release day "discount" or something K-Mart runs. At any rate, it was a nice surprise.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

It's possible they were sold out! 
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »

I paid $2.99 for my copy at Target after using the $5.00 gift card they gave me for buying some Dr. Scholl's insoles. Cheesy  Wow! A new Beach Boys CD AND comfy feet. I'm having quite a day.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

Just picked it up at Best Buy about an hour ago for $9.99. 

Already gave it one spin, overall I'm impressed, especially those last 3 tracks...damn.
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »

Got it on Itunes and at Target...I know overload but, had an Itunes gift money to burn! Cool Guy
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »

It's in the mail, hopefully arriving tomorrow...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

I picked mine up at Target this evening.  It smells really nice. 
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »

It's 9:52 AM in California.

Calmly, oh so calmly, waiting for my package from Amazon.

(resisting impulse to drive one mile to Target)

haha tough position!  did you end up going?

arghh!

No, didn't go to Target (should have).  Amazon says it will be here this afternoon!

Hope it arrived...if not I'd be pissssssed!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »

I only spent $14.99 on mine. I think its better then SMiLE and Pet Sounds but not as good as Summer in Paradise.   Brian's Trip

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

I picked mine up at Target this evening.  It smells really nice. 

It really does

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MBE
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:52 PM »

Kind of pissed I have to wait for the vinyl but the CD will do me OK for now and at least I have a copy for the car.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »

QVC seemed to suggest here and there that the cd would ship early, so I ordered it from them (along with their bonus CD) even though I had already pre-ordered it on Amazon.  And yes in the meantime I downloaded the leak because I'm impatient.  Then early today the 24bit version became available on HDtracks so I purchased that, which sounds great and will be my go-to listening version.  The Amazon pre-order arrived at the house later this afternoon.  It's still in the wrapping and I'm thinking of passing it along as a gift.  That QVC version?  Hasn't even shipped yet last I checked.  I may keep it due to the bonus disc as a collectable I haven't decided yet.

This is the first time a major purchase such as this has been available on the day of release as a 24bit download (at least, a major purchase I've been interested in).  The post CD era may have arrived.
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »

Popped into my local HMV today and used a gift voucher had left over from my birthday to get the CD, was showing number ten in the chart (Don't know if was the shop's or a local chart, shows number 30 on HMV website), they had a fair few copy's in, it was a bit different when the Smile Sessions CD came out, they had none in.

CD will have to keep me going until the vinyl bundle comes my way.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

USPS tracking says my copy is out for home delivery today -- hooray!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

arghh!

Hope it arrived...if not I'd be pissssssed!

(gasping for air) It finally arrived this morning ONE DAY AFTER the tracking note said it was delivered.

No worries, tho'.  It came with the new Neil CD!  Life is good!  And Amazon reduced the price to $7.99.

Just have to comment on the wonderful, wonderful picture of The Beach Boys on the back of the CD!!!!  Now that's nice!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx