gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680717 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 03:41:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Number #1  (Read 16524 times)
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »

Also i'm pretty sure Amazon is more likely to sell a lot more full albums.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

That's interesting too.  I'm not hip on the new technology, though... would people who usually use Itunes

1. buy an album, instead of just seperate mp3's, and

2. Know that you could also buy mp3's on amazon?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

It has probably already been mentioned earlier in this or other threads, but stuff can chart really high on Amazon and not nearly as high on the Billboard chart. I've seen some relatively niche stuff make it pretty high on Amazon's charts. But these sources that predict chart placements are, for better or worse, usually pretty accurate. Considering that this BB album is getting a lot of press but still not nearly as much as a number of other hit artists currently, I think anything in the Top 5 or 10 is pretty impressive.

I hope if nothing else that a high chart placement will lead to more recording and touring as a unit. That's the only real reason I would care about the charts.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »

That's interesting too.  I'm not hip on the new technology, though... would people who usually use Itunes

I'm pretty sure they would, but I think your more likely on itunes to have more casual fans pick the single and maybe some of the other tracks over an album whereas with Amazon there's a lot of older people who might not know about buying individual songs or just want a physical copy of the album.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »

Frankly, until I came here, I never considered buying mp3's from Amazon.  Though I prefer entire albums, when purchasing mp3's I still almost always purchase them from iTunes.  I have an account, a gift card, it's easy, and I would imagine most young people purchase their music through iTunes. 

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2012, 04:03:57 AM »

It's still sitting pretty at #3 on Amazon's chart almost two weeks after it's release. Guess the TV exposure is paying off.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2012, 04:21:11 AM »

It's still sitting pretty at #3 on Amazon's chart almost two weeks after it's release. Guess the TV exposure is paying off.

Even Sounds Of Summer is at #40 now. In the UK however TWGMTR has dropped to #24 but I can see it selling for quite a while though what with the September Wembley concert and i'm pretty sure they'll promote the album when there over here.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »

Even Sounds Of Summer is at #40 now.

In exactly which chart, may I ask ?  It's #136 in the Billboard Top 200, #15 in the catalog chart.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »

In exactly which chart, may I ask ?  It's #136 in the Billboard Top 200, #15 in the catalog chart.

Amazon sales.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2012, 05:40:26 AM »

Amazon sales.

Clarification appreciated, thanks.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx