gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:57:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Number #1  (Read 16531 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »

We'll know roughly what the first week sales will be tomorrow or the day after when hits daily double release their "one day sales" estimations, which are nearly always accurate

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2012, 08:26:02 PM »

That's true, Hits Daily Double has it down to a science.  With that said though, there's a couple things still in the bank that they may not account for, like that kick-ass 1 hour special they did on QVC and sold 18,000 copies.  Hits Daily Double probably won't take that into account, so add that onto whatever number they come up with. 

I think the top three, will be in some order or another, Beach Boys, Alan Jackson, and John Mayer (who's first week was last week, and was really good).  Top 5 will be Beach Boys/Alan Jackson/John Mayer/Adele/Neil Young

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »

I do not understand how Yellow Submarine Songbook is #5 on iTunes. This stuff has all been available for 43 years or so. I love The Beatles but WTH? And a brand new Beach Boys is only #14? What a world!

That's not surprising. If the Beach Boys released a greatest hits compilation AND an album of all new material today, which one do you think would sell better? I'd bet money on the compilation; people like a sure thing.

Isn't Yellow Submarine largely instrumental music composed by George Martin?  OK, half of it anyway.  The Beatles can sell anything....  Smiley

Not the "songtrack." The soundtrack has the Martin instrumental material.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »

The Beatles have slipped down to #19 and The Beach Boys are #8

Forget the Beatles, parties over for them

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »

To be fair the Beatles thing is just a rerelease of a rerelease of a rerelease of their worst album.  So.....
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

The Beatles have slipped down to #19 and The Beach Boys are #8

Forget the Beatles, parties over for them

They are certainly less popular than they were a year ago.  Herman And The Hermits Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »

Facebook:

The Beach Boys are #1 on Amazon and The Dodgers are #1 in baseball - 50 Years of Fun Fun Fun!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »

Good to see Capitol promoting it !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

Facebook:

The Beach Boys are #1 on Amazon and The Dodgers are #1 in baseball - 50 Years of Fun Fun Fun!

Great picture. But you know what it instantly reminded me of?  Grin

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

Gah, that's beautiful. Basically that's where it all began for the Boys.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »

Facebook:

Not this?

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »

Facebook:

Not this?

What? No. Who are these guys? The Rip Chords?  Huh
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

Not sure why, but I love that picture.

The new album has dropped way back to #14 on iTunes.  Embarrassed  Maybe because Amazon is kicking their ass on the price (only $4.99)

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »

The new album has dropped way back to #14 on iTunes.  Embarrassed  Maybe because Amazon is kicking their ass on the price (only $4.99)

I'm certain that's what it is. Amazon gets you the same songs, at the same speed--that is, instantly--for half the price. Why wouldn't someone who wants to download the album do so through Amazon?
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »

I'm certain that's what it is. Amazon gets you the same songs, at the same speed--that is, instantly--for half the price. Why wouldn't someone who wants to download the album do so through Amazon?
The CD is still number one. Looking good!

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »

http://www.noise11.com/news/beach-boys-set-for-biggest-debut-ever-20120607

has this been posted yet?  it's the first published statement from billboard i have seen about projected sales and charting.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »

I still think they're going to grab #1.  Hits Daily Double (where all this is coming from) predicted John Mayer would sell 20-30% more last week than he did to get #1, and were off 10,000 or so on some of the others, so I think the QVC numbers are going to push them over the top.  Plus, this Amazon thing... Amazon dropped the price to 4.99 and they've been stuck at #1 ever since.  They're sitting at #1 above Adele and above Alan Jackson, and have been for 3 days. 

Either way, a Brian Wilson written, arranged, produced, and sung Beach Boys album is about to go back into territory they haven't seen since the 60's. 
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »

It's well worth noting The Beach Boys had no Amazon number ones in the sixties. Reason enough to have a drink!

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »

It's well worth noting The Beach Boys had no Amazon number ones in the sixties. Reason enough to have a drink!
that's true!  This sh*t is going to be historic. 
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »

I have to say the real reason I want it to get number one besides being a nice thing for us fans is to hear about how Brian and Mike would react to it. Grin
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »

I have to say the real reason I want it to get number one besides being a nice thing for us fans is to hear about how Brian and Mike would react to it. Grin

In addition, to rub it in the face of my Beach Boy-hating friends.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

Still #1 on Amazon.  #10 on Itunes, though, with Alan Jackson and Adele both ahead. 
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

Still #1 on Amazon.  #10 on Itunes, though, with Alan Jackson and Adele both ahead. 

What's interesting is the album's lead on Jackson I believe is higher on Amazon than how far the album is behind Jackson on iTunes, no?

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »

What's interesting is the album's lead on Jackson I believe is higher on Amazon than how far the album is behind Jackson on iTunes, no?

You mean by ranking?  We don't have access to sales numbers, do we?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »

It's really hard to tell one way or the other, they may be wayyyyy ahead on amazon.  I would think most people would check both places before buying it... so hell they may be outselling #2, 2 to 1 on Amazon and making up for any shortcoming on Itunes. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx