gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:56:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: L.A.- Lake Arrowhead revisited  (Read 4360 times)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:21:21 AM »

Back in the summer of 2003 Brian & Melinda sold their 'lakefront retreat' which was
ON the LAKE arrowhead with a dock and a beach allegedly. Brian expected to find
'good vibrations' when they moved their second home to the beach of Malibu
(another 'Seconds' reference?) but also to miss "the incredible mountain and
lake views" - (after four years since they moved in)
Until proven wrong (if ever) I'll base this scenario upon the following 'rights of Bill':
http://pages.cthome.net/tobelman/1966.html

So this means that Brian actually had this house when he decided to complete the
project that he had conceived 37 years earlier near the same lake - and then to
take SMiLE on tour! Was he aware of this connection? Why would he agree to leave
Lake Arrowhead right after this decision, where it all seemed to come full circle?
(The official reason was that Melinda & Brian wanted to give their daughters the
chance to ride horses on a real beach)
Rasmus

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:20:18 AM »

I read the home was for sale-- but several times when Brian was interviewed in 2004, he was interviewed from the Lake Arrowhead home.  I don't think they actually sold it.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »

Even better!?

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:27:16 AM »

Here's an August 2005 interview from the LA home:

http://www.showmenews.com/2005/Aug/20050821Ovat006.asp

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:36:15 AM »

Chuck, I followed your advice and changed the colors on my website as well as its address.
http://pages.cthome.net/tobelman/The_Out-Of-Sight_SMiLE_Site.html

That's some interesting info from Rasmus, especially when reconsidering "On A Holiday" with the vacation retreat, Lake Arrowhead, in mind.

"Connect, Always Connect..." - Arthur Koestler

"No discovery has ever been made by logical deduction..." - Arthur Koestler
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:18 PM »

Here's an August 2005 interview from the LA home:

http://www.showmenews.com/2005/Aug/20050821Ovat006.asp

I wonder if that works to say "Brian Wilson said I can come backstage" and they let you through.... Smiley
Thanks for the link

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »

He refers to Mark Linnett as his manager?

And he didn't know that he was playing in St Louis?

Umm....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 05:43:30 AM »

If SMiLE is about a religious experience at Lake Arrowhead (which was later expanded upon to stretch from Plymouth Rock to Hawaii), then it is pretty obvious that the general public was not told the whole truth behind SMiLE.

In other words, SMiLE was MEANT to present a mystery. It IS an intentional riddle!

It will be interesting to see if any high profile Brian/Beach Boys people embrace this most probable scenario. My bet is that they'll try and maintain the status quo (SMiLE's an eternal mystery) and ignore the whole thing. If pressed they might claim that "only Brian knows for sure" and leave it at that. Real truth seekers.

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 05:53:55 AM »

!!!

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:29:42 AM »

This morning I checked out the webpage and noticed I made a big mistake on the timeline. Stupidly I had the Beach Boys touring a month after the Pet Sounds promo film shoot. Actually the tour started just a few days after the promo film was done and that's how I was able to locate Brian's location for his 3rd lsd trip. The layout of the Keith Baman book has the months noted on top of the pages and since I was dealing with the end of April it had May on top of the page & I screwed up.

Anyway I corrected things and it reads better now.
http://pages.cthome.net/tobelman/The_Out-Of-Sight_SMiLE_Site.html

Last post (April 6) I said;
"It will be interesting to see if any high profile Brian/Beach Boys people embrace this most probable scenario. My bet is that they'll try and maintain the status quo and ignore the whole thing"

Looks like I got that one right!

Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 06:20:25 PM »

Found an article online that I hadn't noticed mentioned before. It appears to borrow stuff from my Out-Of-Sight! SMiLE website and credits that stuff to Keith Badman's book, so I'm not too keen on the writer of this piece.

http://www.mountain-news.com/articles/2006/06/02/news/features/features1.prt

There are a few good tidbits in the article however. The best one is the line, "Wilson has admitted some of the songs from his SMiLE album were inspired by Lake Arrowhead."

That may be the article's author getting a little too creative, but it certainly sounds like a good reason for the Lake Arrowhead concert. In any case it appears that my website may have helped get the whole Lake Arrowhead event idea rolling in the first place. Too bad the event got cancelled.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 12:58:11 AM »

Journalists are scum. One time I was reading an article on about TaB Energy in which there was an entire paragraph that was completely lifted, word for word, from an article I wrote on the Wikiipedia. Just because it's online doesn't mean it's free to take Angry

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 01:05:43 AM »

Huh
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:07:27 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 01:06:39 AM »

, but it certainly sounds like a good reason for the Lake Arrowhead concert. In any case it appears that my website may have helped get the whole Lake Arrowhead event idea rolling in the first place. Too bad the event got cancelled.

Hmmmm... call me a realist, but I've a feeling if Brian's holiday home (btw, wasn't this put up for sale some years ago ?) was in, say, Lake Tahoe, then the July 3rd gig would have been scheduled for... Lake Tahoe. Location, location, location.

XY
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 01:23:30 AM »

Yeah, forget it Billy! The idea came from my YouTube-clip, "Surfer Girl" solo, which was filmed at a private party in Brian's backyard. Amen.
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:32:33 AM »

Andrew G. Doe said;
Hmmmm... call me a realist, but I've a feeling if Brian's holiday home (btw, wasn't this put up for sale some years ago ?) was in, say, Lake Tahoe, then the July 3rd gig would have been scheduled for... Lake Tahoe. Location, location, location.

So you're saying Brian was approached simply to celebrate Independance Day on the 3rd of July, and that's all there is to it.  Is that correct Andrew?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:18:18 AM »

Andrew G. Doe said;

So you're saying Brian was approached simply to celebrate Independance Day on the 3rd of July, and that's all there is to it.  Is that correct Andrew?

That's my take on it. Brian has a cottage at Arrowhead... someone on the town council has the idea of asking him to do a neighborhood gig... his management said yes. The only puzzle is why they didn't ask him before... or maybe they did, but he was otherwise occupied. This is his first non-touring year since 2003.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx