gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:08:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Biopic?  (Read 34625 times)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »

So yeah, we all know they're doing the biopic for Dennis Wilson (which is awesome) but what about Brian Wilson, wasn't there supposed to be one?
I remember reading that last year and someone mentioning it again in some recent article or interview i've forgotten..

So what happened, what is going on? it would be quite cool to finally get that imhoimoomihohmhimimo.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:27:50 AM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »

They have been threatening to do one for decades now. It will happen one day.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »

THE TIME HAS COME MY FRIENDS.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »

Who would you guys want to play Brian? Christian Bale might be the best one I can think of.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »

Who would you guys want to play Brian? Christian Bale might be the best one I can think of.

they should throw in some random guy like they did for Ian Curtis in Control. Works miracles if they find the right fellow.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »

Overman is still doing preprod work I think.  Or whoever that writer director was. I think he recently said the script was done. Give it time. Hes no slouch in hollywood
EthanJClarke93
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

I Think Maybe Christian Kane could be a good Brian and Jesse McCartney could be Carl  LOL
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »

They should let Brian play himself. Put him in a Beatles wig for the scenes set in the mid-60's.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

They should let Brian play himself. Put him in a Beatles wig for the scenes set in the mid-60's.

And zip him into a fat suit for the Brians Back period  Shocked

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »

I can't think of any actors out of my head atm that looks close enough to him but then again, they're doing atm a new film about Hitchclock and Anthony Hopkins has the role, look how incredible it looks like with bunch of make up and stuff :
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-ent-120419-alfred-hitchcock.380;380;7;70.jpg

who would have thought ?
so yeah, maybe Christian Bale could do the part!

anyway, it's a shame nothing is coming out yet but i guess we can be happy with the fact they're doing something with Dennis Wilson and that the amazing Aaron Eckhart is taking the role, can only be good!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:50:50 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
theCOD
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 04:58:03 PM »

I can't think of any actors out of my head atm that looks close enough to him but then again, they're doing atm a new film about Hitchclock and Anthony Hopkins has the role, look how incredible it looks like with bunch of make up and stuff :
http://cinema.critictoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Anthony-Hopkins-en-Hitchclock.jpg

who would have thought ?
so yeah, maybe Christian Bale could do the part!

anyway, it's a shame nothing is coming out yet but i guess we can be happy with the fact they're doing something with Dennis Wilson and that the amazing Aaron Eckhart is taking the role, can only be good!

it'd be a stretch for bale to be childlike, plus he was already dylan.  I'd be curious if he could pull it off.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »

There is a thread about this already

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »

There is a thread about this already

Oh noez

it'd be a stretch for bale to be childlike, plus he was already dylan.  I'd be curious if he could pull it off.

True, i thought about that! so i'm trying to think of some other younger actors that looklike or could looklike but that are talented! can't think of any right now..

I love you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:47:20 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

It should be all anime. No live actors.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »

i kinda don't think they need to cast a chub to do the role ._.

though i wonder if this is gonna have a different actor for each era (they do that)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »

It should be all anime. No live actors.

Hahahaha.. that, that is quite one original idea, hard to picture that tho !

i kinda don't think they need to cast a chub to do the role ._.

though i wonder if this is gonna have a different actor for each era (they do that)
Yeah something like I'm Not There, right.. that's actually a great idea, knowing all the changes Brian Wilson went through his life! but then, one solid actor doing the job right and taking care to win or lose weight to play such and such lifetime of Brian's life would be outstanding.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 06:36:20 AM »

Says the script is complete, sweet :
http://brianwilsonlive.tumblr.com/post/26273725624/oren-moverman-says-his-brian-wilson-biopic-script-is
so it's Oren Moverman, guy who did I’m Not There huh.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:42:52 AM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »

Says the script is complete, sweet :
http://brianwilsonlive.tumblr.com/post/26273725624/oren-moverman-says-his-brian-wilson-biopic-script-is
so it's Oren Moverman, guy who did I’m Not There huh.

This should be interesting

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »

I really feel a more abstract approach (like what Moverman did with his screenplay for I'M NOT THERE) is the only way to make a Brian Wilson biopic that doesn't get bogged down in the kind of cliches and tackiness that ruined the TV movies. I'm cautiously optimistic that the film might be something I'll enjoy watching more than once.
mjforever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »

THIS GUY SHOULD PLAY BRIAN WILSON.

https://www.google.com/search?q=matthew+modine&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS453US455&prmd=imvnso&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tMLxT7HAOIrM9QTxjI2HAg&ved=0CEgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1400&bih=795

END OF THREAD ...
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

tho i'm a big Bob Dylan fan, i have yet never seen I'm Not There, looks great tho! love the fact there's all the different actors just for one role...
has anyone here -who loves Bob Dylan- seen this film? any opinions,thoughts?
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »

tho i'm a big Bob Dylan fan, i have yet never seen I'm Not There, looks great tho! love the fact there's all the different actors just for one role...

Yeah, I own it and love it. But...it is very abstract and presents a world created from imagery suggested by Dylan's lyrics. Some biographical and historical information is provided but involving characters who appear to be independent from the songwriter (note that none of the characters are called "Bob Dylan" in the film). Still, if you know Dylan's songs, you recognize why the film goes in the direction it does. If you are unfamiliar with Dylan's work, you may enjoy the evocations of certain eras or be struck by particular dramatic moments, but you may miss the biographical information completely.

Another film entitled 32 SHORT FILMS ABOUT GLENN GOULD demonstrates how you can do a non-conventional biopic by presenting a string of vignettes (32 in all, naturally) that are self-contained shorts but taken together represent the arc of Glenn Gould's life in a way that doesn't feel overly manipulative.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:12:32 AM by Roger Ryan » Logged
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »

Yeah, I own it and love it. But...it is very abstract and presents a world created from imagery suggested by Dylan's lyrics. Some biographical and historical information is provided but involving characters who appear to be independent from the songwriter (note that none of the characters are called "Bob Dylan" in the film). Still, if you know Dylan's songs, you recognize why the film goes in the direction it does. If you are unfamiliar with Dylan's work, you may enjoy the evocations of certain eras or be struck by particular dramatic moments, but you will miss the biographical information completely.

Hm, that is very interesting and sounds quite deep, i shall check it out soon.

Guy looks talented and seems to know his stuff tho, obviously if it's a Bob Dylan film you're gonna flirt with the lyrics, since the man is all about that really..
so obviously his work for a Brian Wilson scenario would be whole different approach, but as well made, really looking forward for this next biopic.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »

I love Bob Dylan and the movie, whether I liked him or not, would probably be in both circumstances, my favorite movie of the last 10 years. It subverts the conventional biopic and it challenges the very notion of capturing a "whole" identity in narrative, something Dylan's shape-shifting character has been doing his whole career.

I also maintain that Whale Music has been the apex of a Brian Wilson biopic so far so this film has its work cut out for it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:35:41 AM by rockandroll » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx