gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:37:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Meant For You" unmastered  (Read 20406 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2006, 06:06:57 PM »

Hey, I think OMP is great, too...Rock on with your bad self.

Well, you're the one whining and crying about how we excel at driving talented musicians away from this forum. I think your buddy, pal, friend, compadre BDT has done much more to drive away people. He's the only one who's allowed to pass judgment on people? Sorry mang, that movie ain't playing from where I sit.

...Ijust thought that since Barry was instrumental in the making of the backing track (the intrumental instrumental), I thought he had some opinion as to how it sounded. I guess I was wrong, and I am sorry for that. anybody who creates a backing track should keep their mouth closed, or risk that movie not playing from where others sit. OMP is a great singer, actually in a class by himself, and I applaud his efforts. Go on with your bad self. Thumbs up, Kudos, and the like...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Jason
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »

Oh well f***, excuse me. BDT is some kind of 2000s model Brian Wilson. He's a genius, too, right? Oh well. I still think he treated OMP unfairly, if it was his backing track or not. It's just a shame that you and BDT mask your so-called talent with a load of fucking arrogance. Sorry mang, that behavior is never going to go over here. And if I'm the only one who's gonna call bullshit on that, well that says more about others on this board than it does I.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

This is the greatest thread EVER.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Jason
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 06:32:33 PM »

...Ijust thought that since Barry was instrumental in the making of the backing track (the intrumental instrumental), I thought he had some opinion as to how it sounded. I guess I was wrong, and I am sorry for that. anybody who creates a backing track should keep their mouth closed, or risk that movie not playing from where others sit. OMP is a great singer, actually in a class by himself, and I applaud his efforts. Go on with your bad self. Thumbs up, Kudos, and the like...

OMP just told me himself that BDT had nothing to do with the backing track! Frankly, I believe him over you any day.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »

Thank you, Jason. I guess my backing vocals are good enough to pass as a BDT backing track any day of the week.

There is NO instrumental track for my "Meant For You" demo. BDT started on a backing track for Susie Cincinnati for the BW Tribute cd, but through BDT's ears I sounded ,
"worse than the sound a thousand cats bieng brutally raped by a gang of Bulldogs." on his track. Okay, so maybe I'm not the greatest singer in the world or on this board. Okay? I'll be honest I AM NOT. I'm just doing these things to grow and develop in my music. If that is a crime, then I am guilty. Why am I getting bruitally punished for it?

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Jason
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:40 PM »

Take heed, PMcC and BDT. This is your ONLY warning.
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »

Honesty.  It's such a lonely word.
Jason
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 07:08:39 PM »

Honesty.  It's such a lonely word.

Take a gander at this.

1) Treat others as you want to be treated. Think about what you are saying before you post a message. Lift each other up, don't tear each other down. Harassment of members is not tolerated. Please behave and not be an embarrassment to the good name of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys.  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.  1Peter 1:15-16
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »

Hey man, is that chapter and verse from the Book of Chuck?HuhGrin

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Hey man, is that chapter and verse from the Book of Chuck?HuhGrin

It's from some mutant form of the Bible. The first five sentences of that statement matter the most. Smiley
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »

I can communicate through song lyrics [EDIT: not that I am special in that respect.  I am simply choosing to.]: 

Well don't know which one is worse,
Doing your own thing or just being cool.
You remember only about the brass ring,
You forget all about the golden rule.

--- Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »

Thank you, Jason. I guess my backing vocals are good enough to pass as a BDT backing track any day of the week.

There is NO instrumental track for my "Meant For You" demo. BDT started on a backing track for Susie Cincinnati for the BW Tribute cd, but through BDT's ears I sounded ,
"worse than the sound a thousand cats bieng brutally raped by a gang of Bulldogs." on his track. Okay, so maybe I'm not the greatest singer in the world or on this board. Okay? I'll be honest I AM NOT. I'm just doing these things to grow and develop in my music. If that is a crime, then I am guilty. Why am I getting bruitally punished for it?

Punished, nah. You're being treated to a grand revisitation of:

My first Manson wrote listen a very beutifull song sung by one Willium Axl Rose . A song called look at your game girl. Axl in fact became completley obsessed with manson. He wore a shirt very often with various masnon themed frazes, ie charlie dont surf!

Fair enough, he was very fkd up.

But, he did have a very eatherel sence of song. A song that only, in my mind, has no fear. He, and in every sence of the word had balls. His was a world of confusion, but his lyrics speak out to me.

Bottom line though, FUM HIM THE MOURDOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise him and you are as bad as I am!

Im in no way religious, infact I hate the whole god fad. But I still feel like Ive sined for praising MANSON.

Cheers

Barry

So this guy doesn't like your singing? Oh well. Fum him. I don't like his English, the mourdorous bastard.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

I can do quotes too!
From the book of Reuters, 6:1:06
Rafael van der Vaart suffered a fresh ankle injury when the Netherlands resumed their FIFA World Cup™ preparations on Monday.

The SV Hamburg midfielder was sidelined during Saturday's 1-0 win over Cameroon and abandoned Monday's training session after a ball struck his recently operated-on ankle.

Coach Marco van Basten told reporters: "It is obvious that his ankle is not comfortable and we will have to see how serious this injury is."

The Dutch meet Mexico in another friendly on Thursday.

Anyway...

Man oh man...it is one thing to offer criticism. I.E. "Those vocals are not good, mate". It is another to try to pull a Simon Cowell and bust out with ""worse than the sound a thousand cats bieng brutally raped by a gang of Bulldogs." There is a difference between honesty and just plain being mean. Just an observation...

However, that quote did give me an idea for a song. I'll just collect my sampler, a condenser mic, and a bite-proof suit, and to the pound I go!!!!

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 09:08:57 PM »

masnon themed frazes

That's gotta be my next band.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2006, 09:22:11 PM »

Nah..."The Mordorous Bastards" will be my next group...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2006, 09:42:06 AM »

Mourerous, hm

I cant even spoke proper England can I?

Sensetive bunch of people on this board arent we.

Jason, why dont you just delete this whole thread if you think it sucks, etc. Weve all heard your a moderator now, and with the power vested in your good self Im sure if you wanted to, you could.

Truth be known though, you want this to be dragged on for as long as it can be, getting your post count up to impress the post count impressed people.

BANNED!!!???

FINE
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 09:45:13 AM »

getting your post count up to impress the post count impressed people.

Nice one!

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2006, 10:05:09 AM »

Oh well foda, excuse me. BDT is some kind of 2000s model Brian Wilson.  It's just a shame that you and BDT mask your so-called talent with a load of fodaing arrogance.

.....and this collection of verbal tripe is spat forth from the moderator?  Well, aren't we in for a grand party..The inmates have taken over the asylum

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »

Please stop, everyone. 

The "SmileySmilers who make music" section has been a peaceful and productive part of this board and site.  I would hate to see one overstatement and the reaction to it cause any permanent riffs here.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jason
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »

I will be the first to admit my behaviour in this thread could have been better. But I refuse to take the only blame for the atrocities in this thread.

Really, it's pointless to argue over this. No-one's going to come out on the winning end. Everyone has their agenda and everyone in this exchange has a HUGE ego, including myself.

I will make an honest effort to be more tactful in the future, but all the other moderators and I ask is that we are civil with those who decide to share music through this forum, regardless of its quality. Those of you who are more professional with your music should consider making it a mild priority to help others out in this thread. I think you guys are all capable of great things, despite some of the words that came flying out of my mouth in earlier periods of this thread.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2006, 10:49:21 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5CEnP4KzvA&search=kung%20fu%20guy

Cabana Boy
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »

Boss thread!!!
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2006, 12:08:12 PM »

Everyone has their agenda and everyone in this exchange has a HUGE ego, including myself.

NOT ME!

hee hee hee.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2006, 12:17:41 PM »

Everyone has their agenda and everyone in this exchange has a HUGE ego, including myself.

Mine's good English.

Everyone has his or her agenda.  Wink

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »

Agreed/ Please accept my apology, everyone, for my part in this thread...I'll strive to be more supportive and less critical in the future.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx