gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:50:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Meant For You" unmastered  (Read 20398 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »

Here is an unmastered (.mp3) take I did today of "Meant For You". Since it doesn't look like Susie will get done (idigworms PM me if that can somehow be pulled off). The overdubbed section at the end needs to be louder, or does it sound fine like that? And if someone can get my laptop sound out of the song so it doesnt sound fuzzy, that would be great.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33J3QGVNQDCQS129FP9PQ6QNOD

Feedback appreciated as always and asap so I can finish and turn it in.

Thanks for listening!

-OMP

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
wonderphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:17:40 AM »

Not quite sure what you're going for here,
but I liked what you guys had worked up for Susie C...

What's left to be done on that one...?

BP
20to20
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 05:53:12 AM »

I just felt like doing a take of that song. We don't have a complete backing track. I would love to finish Susie

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »

The backing vocals don't fit with BarryDavidThomson's unfinished backing track.  All that's needed is a backing track played in sync with the original for it to 'gel'.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »

yeah, what he said. I really do want to complete Susie. I wish I had the technology to produce a backing track for it.

BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:44:06 AM »

No offence mate, but your singing is worse than the sound a thousand cats bieng brutally raped by a gang of Bulldogs.
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:20:43 PM »

No offence mate, but your singing is worse than the sound a thousand cats bieng brutally raped by a gang of Bulldogs.

That's a pretty extreme assessment, Barry.  Why are the kid gloves off? Sad
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »

Interesting, sort of creepy.

Barry, that comment was a little uneccessary, in my opinion. "Vocals could use some work" or something would've sufficed.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

It is interesting, in a creepy sort of way. Unfortunate that it happens to be a wrong description. It is more like a bulldog in heat being satisfied by a stray cat, but I tarry with details.
    The truth of the matter is: the instrumentalist does not want this vocal associated with his work...bottom line. Although the words are harsh, I have a feeling that Barry feels strongly about his music, and if it is not interpreted correctly, I believe he has the right to veto that arrangement in no uncertain terms.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:59:21 PM »

It is interesting, in a creepy sort of way. Unfortunate that it happens to be a wrong description. It is more like a bulldog in heat being satisfied by a stray cat, but I tarry with details.
    The truth of the matter is: the instrumentalist does not want this vocal associated with his work...bottom line. Although the words are harsh, I have a feeling that Barry feels strongly about his music, and if it is not interpreted correctly, I believe he has the right to veto that arrangement in no uncertain terms.

The case may be that he decided not to finish the instrumental track for that reason, and, if so, he's got a right to do that.  But does that give him carte blanche to make insensitive comments as to what his opinion of his singing is (on a different song, no less) without any deserved backlash whatsoever?  Honesty is the best policy, I agree, but not at the expense of kindness.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »

In no uncertain terms should one, because they wish to avoid embarrassment by association, feel free to put down someone else.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:17:33 PM by idigworms » Logged
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:18:03 AM »

Well, the short answer is yes. I've been around enough of them to know that musicians can be a hard lot sometimes, and many of them will feel free to tell you if you suc*k. Me, I am a bit more diplomatic with my criticism, stopping at comparing your vocal to the signalling of a faraway ship at sea. So,  get back to practicing your vocal, as it sounds quite unnatural right now. I would start with hitting the right notes, and worry about the tone later.

BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 11:36:17 AM »

Sorry for the controversy, just thought I would be the one to say what everyone was thinking. I know i sound like a dick, but cmon, when I first started at music I was told i sucked all the time, for years, and years and years. And I still cant sing great at all, thing is though, Ive been told, and I practise hard to get better, not expecting anything but critisism.

Other people need to be told too. Simple. Its ignorant to meander around telling the truth when put in a possition when someone asks for your opinion, like in this case.

Keep trying though mate, work on your tone, and notes. Try singing in the car or something.

Cheerio
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.
Jason
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »

EDIT - Since I'm now moderator and can say whatever I want....I must repeat:

You know what? You suck too, BDT. furo do burro.

EDIT EDIT - Before BDT comes in with a head of steam, remember to treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 09:38:03 AM by Jason » Logged
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 07:14:38 PM »

You guys have excelled in running talented musicians away from this page, with words like that., I can't understand this entire f****ckin thread. Use your ears, for Gawd sakes..

Jason
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of a waahmbulance?
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »

Sorry for the controversy, just thought I would be the one to say what everyone was thinking.

Um....you might have been the only one thinking whatever the hell you thought I sounded like, because I've been told it sounds decent. That was just flat out rude. I didn't do any harm at all.

BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 07:00:42 AM »

Sorry OMP, your right man. Your vocals are great, I guess its me with the tin ear then if youve been told you sound decent.

Are you gonna post some?
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

All those that are great were bad at first.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »

Fum him, fum him, fum him.

Greatest post ever.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jason
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »

I'm still waiting for that picture of a waahmbulance for PMcC.
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »

Jason
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 03:14:41 PM »

Tee hee, motherfucker.

Smiley :D Grin Roll Eyes Afro 3D angel LOL Cool Guy Wink Razz Cool
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: