gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:58:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I play lap steel in this band - Damon Moon and the Whispering Drifters  (Read 1358 times)
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:45 AM »

Hey, I'm fairly new to the board (although I've lurked off and on for at least a year now), but finally caved.

I play lap steel in a psychedelic americana band. It's always tough deciding on what track to post, but I guess I'll go with our first single (I use that word lightly) "Loose Ends". Here's our homemade music video for it, shot on a $20 budget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdRDt1tdzBE

If you want to hear more, you can stream our album at bandcamp here: http://adairparkrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/lungs-dirt-dreams
or find it on Spotify. It's called "Lungs, Dirt, & Dreams."
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »

Thats sick! I love the sound of lap and pedal steel. I borrowed a buddies lap steel a year or 2 ago and messed around with it for a while, fun instrument. I've been thinking about building my own. Mad props man.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

Thanks! It's a lot of fun. Most of the parts on that album were written within a year and a half of me learning how to play (very little effort in the first 6 months or a year, though) so I kept them fairly minimal. I've been playing in C6 tuning lately, which is a lot of fun. I highly suggest it if you end up building your own.
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »

Thanks! It's a lot of fun. Most of the parts on that album were written within a year and a half of me learning how to play (very little effort in the first 6 months or a year, though) so I kept them fairly minimal. I've been playing in C6 tuning lately, which is a lot of fun. I highly suggest it if you end up building your own.

Yeah, I ended up using the C6 tuning after watching some youtube lessons. Cheers man.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx