gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681025 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 04:53:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Reverberation' LP question...  (Read 1512 times)
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »

I noticed recently that, since I last visited the page, Andrew Doe made an odd update to his 'Unreleased Albums' ('The Ones That Got Away') section on Bellagio.  The tracklist for "Reverberation" (or "The Fading Rock Group Revival") has been changed around, and a new track has been added - apparently, if I'm understanding correctly, an instrumental version of "When Girls Get Together"?!

Where did this new piece of info come from, and why would they put an instrumental version of an already terrible song on an album??
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »

I first saw that lineup in Keith Badman's book a few years ago. One can surmise that WGGT was around for a while prior to vocals being laid down, hence the backing track's inclusion on the record. Lastly, some think that song is wonderful, including myself.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »

I first saw that lineup in Keith Badman's book a few years ago. One can surmise that WGGT was around for a while prior to vocals being laid down, hence the backing track's inclusion on the record. Lastly, some think that song is wonderful, including myself.

I LOVE When Girls Get Together.
It sounds like an Everlys song.
I'm not sure it would have fit in on Sunflower, but I think it should have been on an earlier album for sure.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »

When Girls Get Together is a good song imo. People seem to bash it around but the instrumentation is very lush with balkan guitars and mandolins, timpani etc. It does kinda throw you into some European setting rather than LA. Perhaps they were very much into France at the time? (given the french lyrics on At My Window and Mountain Of Love)

The lyrics I would say are not a downer either as they are very philisophical and are in fact relevant though a few lines are more dubious. The complexity of relations and viewpoints between the sexes have baffled people since 'prehistory'  Grin I know of few other songs that tackle it so magestically, I cannot even imagine how one could write a good song about such an issue. Well done again Brian(?)!!!
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »

I LOVE the WGGT Instrumental. For whatever reason I was never able to get into it when I heard it with vocals, but once I hear that backing track on one of those things we're not supposed to have, I was just. blown. away.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 03:17:12 AM »

I noticed recently that, since I last visited the page, Andrew Doe made an odd update to his 'Unreleased Albums' ('The Ones That Got Away') section on Bellagio.  The tracklist for "Reverberation" (or "The Fading Rock Group Revival") has been changed around, and a new track has been added - apparently, if I'm understanding correctly, an instrumental version of "When Girls Get Together"?!

Where did this new piece of info come from, and why would they put an instrumental version of an already terrible song on an album??

Nope, no recent update - "WGGT" has been included since the page went up quite a few years ago.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx