-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Great scenes in movies
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Great scenes in movies  (Read 1990 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »

Has there ever been a scene in a movie that totally knocks you out, that you think is one of the coolest and greatest things you've ever seen? I was thinking we could all name our favorite movie scenes, along with a YouTube link to it, if that's allowed. There are three movie scenes that I can think of right now from the top of my head. The ending scene in 2001: A Space Oddesy, the restaurant robbery scene near the end of Pulp Fiction, and Charlie Chaplin's speech in The Great Dictator. I consider the speech in The Great Dictator to be possibly the most moving and emotional scene in cinema history.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »

The discussion before the heist in Reservoir Dogs.

"Why am I Mr. Pink?"
"Because you're a f****t, all right?!?"
"Why can't we pick our own colors?"
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »

In Eternal Sunshine, when the couple decides to run and escape through Joel's memories. Exhilarating!

Also, in the 30s version of Wuthering Heights:
At the beginning, when hardassed Heathcliff hears that Cathy's ghost was out in the snow, he melts into hopeful sorrow and goes calling for her. Acting perfection. Gets my heart beating (and my throat lumping) EVERY TIME.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Just now finished watching a famous film "Rosemary's Baby". Tbh, I found it seriously boring, didn't see what's cult about it. Nothing scary. However, the ending was absolutely epic! Notably due to the next dialogs:

1. Ro (screaming, after Roman Castevet said that baby's father is Satan): No!!! It can't be!!!!
Minnie, Roman's wife (in a completely indifferent way, as if nothing bad happened at all): But look at his hands.
Louise, her friend (over-joyfully): And his feet!

2. Then Ro screams "Oh, God!!!", after which Roman exclaims theatrically, "God is dead!!! Satan lives!!!" Hearing that, other people in the room start hailing Satan and it's all turns into one crazy cacophony. Very absurd moment.

3. Ro starts crying & again shouts "Oh, God!!!", only for being interrupted by Louise who cuts her short: "Oh, shut up with your "Oh God"s or we'll kill you!" The way she told her that was so funny! I immediately liked this old actress (Patsy Kelly). In IMDB, I discovered she played such kind of brash, loud-speaking wisecrackers since the 30s, not necessarily in the subject.
The other old lady (Ruth Gordon) was funny as well. No wonder she got the Oscar for "Minnie" - brightly dressed, heavily made-up neighbor of the main heroes. She showed great performance. Mia, on the other hand, was weak & talentless.

Generally, it was jolly entertaining how people stared at Ro as if she was insane, not them. They simply didn't care for what she felt, that she suffered & was unhappy. But most of all, that she held the knife! In sum, a jolly unforgettable scene of an overall forgettable (60s) movie.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »

Wow, how can you not like Rosemary's Baby? I will say this, if you watch the film a second time you will pick up on many subtle things (plotpoint wise) going on that you didn't catch the first time round. In fact it took me a third viewing before I noticed how sinister little clues are being dangled under the audiences nose's the whole time.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: