gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:44:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 19: Chula Vista, CA 5/25/2012  (Read 25018 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »

Simply stunning.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »

Hopefully this link will work

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk318/jamsvet/Beach%20Boys%20Cricket/
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »

Nice photos!  Thanks for posting.

Enjoyed hearing "isn't It Time" at the sound check, but the guys still need more practice before it's ready for live performance.  It's one of my favorite tracks on the new album, so hopefully it'll be ready in time for the Hollywood Bowl and Irvine concerts next weekend.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:23 AM »

For a minute I misread "Isn't It Time" as "It's About Time", and had about three small heart attacks!  Thud

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »

Really very nice !

BTW which shirt did you wear ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »

[/quote]

Really very nice !

BTW which shirt did you wear ?
[/quote]

I've got a couple of Hawaiian shirts made by one of MLs exes.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »

I'd be a little disappointed if I got Mike's daughter singing Sail on Sailor too. Of all the band member's kids, she gets to sing one?  I would put both Jardines, Brian's daughters, Christian, Carl's sons, Dennis's son all before her. They had been staying away from that kind of stuff (minus a Stamos showup  or 2) so that's disappointing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/wirelessweb

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »

I've heard Mike's daughter do "Sail On Sailor" a few years ago and thought she did a great job on it.  It would be really cool if she shared the song with Brian...she taking a few verses and he take some or some other arrangement....would be a nice combo.

The guys should wear the jean jackets more often...they look like badasses! Cool Guy
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 01:43:13 PM »

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/27/tp-beach-boys-make-the-best-of-a-chilly-gig/

- Jack Rieley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

I like GV is no longer an encore but placed along with its peers GOK, H&V, IJWMFTT, WIBN, Add Some Music etc.
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »

I like GV is no longer an encore but placed along with its peers GOK, H&V, IJWMFTT, WIBN, Add Some Music etc.

The encore now is pretty weak though. I think they should move Kokomo into the body of the show, swap it out for something else well-known but that's a little more up-tempo. I know that a lot of people going to these shows love Kokomo, but it's more of a slow-burner and doesn't belong in the encore. Good Vibes is something that people look forward to hearing, and with the little sing-along bit, makes a good encore. Since they aren't using Cal Girls as an opener, it would be a good one to encore too, perhaps. I'd just like to see the encore be a little more high energy.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4mXGw3Da7M
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

Just loved that clip. Foster is really good. He impressed me. Not enough to go out and buy a cd but still....
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:52 AM »

Brian fuckin' Wilson: Marcella!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »

Brian f*ckin' Wilson: Marcella!
Is it just me, or is Al doing the guitar solo?

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »

I think that's David.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 12:24:08 AM »

Dave is the obvious choice for a guitar solo, but look closely at the very start of the guitar solo. Notice how Al lifts his guitar up some? It looks like he's looking down at his fingers. He also seems to be playing "single notes", as opposed to just strumming.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing some shows this weekend so I can actually see if I can hear and differentiate all these damn guitars! What, is it up to 6 or 7 at times not even counting bass??! On all the videos I can just make out 1) Marks 2) A Guitar Sound That Isn't Marks -- and sometimes little Totten riffs. That's about it.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 01:03:09 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing some shows this weekend so I can actually see if I can hear and differentiate all these damn guitars! What, is it up to 6 or 7 at times not even counting bass??! On all the videos I can just make out 1) Marks 2) A Guitar Sound That Isn't Marks -- and sometimes little Totten riffs. That's about it.

Yes, I'm interested on this too, let us know.

MrsTarquinBiscuitbarrel
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »

Does anyone have a video of Mike Love's daughter singing Sail On Sailor? Would like to see that. How did she do, for anyone who was at the show?

Which one of Mike's daughters is this?  Melinda?  Teresa?  Summer?  Hayleigh?  Ambha?
MrsTarquinBiscuitbarrel
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:25 AM »

I meant!

WHICH ONE OF MIKE'S DAUGHTERS COMES ON STAGE?  Melinda?  Teresa?  Hayleigh?  Summer?  Ambha?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »

Yes, I'm interested on this too, let us know.

According to a band member's Facebook page, several of the guitars are not plugged in.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »

The best concert I've ever been to in my life! And the best I will ever see. I saw the Beach Boys in '94 on my 9th birtday. Then saw Beach Boys Family & Friends 5 years later, Mike and Bruce at a few times after that, Brian twice (2nd time with Al) and now recently the 50th reunion.

One of if not the proudest thing in my life is collecting, and witnessing the brilliance of the Beach Boys. 20 of my 26 years I've been a fanatic/aficionado.

Last year I met kindred spirit Eric Aniversario-  much respect!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx