gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:53:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SiriusXM Beach Boys Weekend LIVE as it Happens...Post Here  (Read 20189 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

I heard the BB version of "with a little help..."
Was that released?

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2012, 08:44:48 PM »

on rarities I think
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »

It's near midnight est and now we get 'David Marks Remembers' clips. I've been listening as much as I can throughout the weekend but this is the first I've heard these interview clips. Fantastic!

David obviously has a great memory of the early years. He just talked about the car engine on the beginning '409' being recorded late at night and causing a disturbance. Cool hearing David talk about the early years.

The play list is a bit repetitive but just when I'm ready to turn it off something new shows up.

The Stamos interview was good. Try to listen tomorrow.

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »

on rarities I think

Yes, it was on 'Rarities'. That one deserves a release on CD here in the U.S.

The U.K. version of 'Cotton Fields' is also on Rarities. Other great stuff as well. I still have the LP...somewhere.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »

on rarities I think

The U.K. version of 'Cotton Fields' is also on Rarities. Other great stuff as well. I still have the LP...somewhere.

You mean the single version of Cottonfields.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »

Lads, here in LA this endless summer weekend is a joy. I has the car radio version but upgraded for 30 bucks to the internet and thus smart phone ap versions, so I can stay connected constantly.  The Honey's on now.

If you want to distinguish between enforced nostalgia and the BB, listen to "Beach Baby," a terrible retro song, which I heard yesterday.

This is a great tribute; concert was excellent. I do hope someone posts the link on the site--if appropriate. I have no idea what the future bibliographic status of the concert will be, so I hope to be able to hear it again.  But I follow the lead of my brothers here; I don't want anything inappropriate.  Please advise.

I have never started a thread and do not know how to do so, but I am bound for the santa barbera show and will report in on Tuesday.

I like Beach Baby- it's a great homage. Also Girl On The Beach by Rick Henn.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 09:46:33 PM »

on rarities I think

Was that version released in the U.S. as a single? I thought there was version of Cotton Fields that was only released in the U.K.??
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:48:56 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

Lads, here in LA this endless summer weekend is a joy. I has the car radio version but upgraded for 30 bucks to the internet and thus smart phone ap versions, so I can stay connected constantly.  The Honey's on now.

If you want to distinguish between enforced nostalgia and the BB, listen to "Beach Baby," a terrible retro song, which I heard yesterday.

This is a great tribute; concert was excellent. I do hope someone posts the link on the site--if appropriate. I have no idea what the future bibliographic status of the concert will be, so I hope to be able to hear it again.  But I follow the lead of my brothers here; I don't want anything inappropriate.  Please advise.

I have never started a thread and do not know how to do so, but I am bound for the santa barbera show and will report in on Tuesday.

I like Beach Baby- it's a great homage. Also Girl On The Beach by Rick Henn.

Beach Baby Beach Baby Beach Baby Beach Baby  Head Spin

A great homage and still a favorite!

('Marcella' was just played! Great! Goodnight Everyone....)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:24:57 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »

The Beach Boys All American Summer Special can be heard tonight at 7:00 p.m. streaming on a radio station in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was able to just catch it at 11:00 a.m. on another Cumulus station. This one was hard to track down.

They spend a segment discussing and playing clips from the new album. At least 4-5 songs were featured. TWGMTR, Spring Vacation, Summer's Gone and more. This is the first interview that I've heard where the new album was discussed in more detail.

Listen Live at 7:00 p.m. est tonight:

http://www.wgrr.com/Contests/BeachBoys50Pairs/tabid/2308/Default.aspx

I'll post this in a new thread as well.

SJB
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »

on rarities I think

Was that version released in the U.S. as a single? I thought there was version of Cotton Fields that was only released in the U.K.??

Yes, that was the US single version. Cotton Fields was added to the UK version of Sunflower in a mock-stereo mix.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

Holy B-Pain!  Grin
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »

Holy B-Pain!  Grin

Like I noted earlier, in a few cases, it goes beyond that. For example, the Brian vocal bridge on Do It Again sounds like it's simply a flown-in studio vocal. Listening with headphones, the tone of the vocal completely changes to everything else around it (it's also doubled or has some kind of doubling effect effect applied to it), but more importantly, it's abruptly and unnaturally faded out at the end. Some other stuff, too (e.g. TWGMTR). Smiley

Still a great show though!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »

apple diapers

anal leakage
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »

The Beach Boys All American Summer Special can be heard tonight at 7:00 p.m. streaming on a radio station in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was able to just catch it at 11:00 a.m. on another Cumulus station. This one was hard to track down.

They spend a segment discussing and playing clips from the new album. At least 4-5 songs were featured. TWGMTR, Spring Vacation, Summer's Gone and more. This is the first interview that I've heard where the new album was discussed in more detail.

Listen Live at 7:00 p.m. est tonight:

http://www.wgrr.com/Contests/BeachBoys50Pairs/tabid/2308/Default.aspx

I'll post this in a new thread as well.

SJB

Someone PLEASE record this, I'm at a dinner and can't listen mobile :/

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »

NVM, i've got it recording Wink

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

got a recording of the TWGMTR parts

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »

got a recording of the TWGMTR parts

Were they complete songs, FOTM, or snippets? My computer took a dive just as I was getting ready to record the stream, so I didn't pursue it. Though, I was able to record the Stamos/Al/Mike interview on SiriusXM (via Dish again).
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »

Beaches in Mind was played almost 100%, Spring Vacation as well, Summer's Gone was just a snippet of iTunes and Walmart parts.

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »

Beaches in Mind was played almost 100%, Spring Vacation as well, Summer's Gone was just a snippet of iTunes and Walmart parts.

Thanks for the info!
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »

on rarities I think

"With a Little Help from My Friends" and "The Letter" (from Rarities) are also available here.  It's an odd 2006 discount compilation CD I discovered only a few months ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Covered-By-Beach-Boys/dp/B000FFJZEW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1338258933&sr=1-1
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

Thanks for the info!

I don't understand why they play the worst songs of the album, strange way to promote it.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »

Thanks for the info!

I don't understand why they play the worst songs of the album, strange way to promote it.

Yeah, they're really only catering to one segment of listeners.  Nobody who disliked the stylings of TWGMTR is gonna get turned around by Spring Vacation.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »

Their playing of the band's kinda subpar "With A Little Help" is kind of an odd choice, too.

Oh well. I shouldn't complain about anything ever. It's just GREAT that theirs GREAT songs. I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT. I feel sorry for people who feel sadness or emotions. Just GREAT, SILLY SONGS. UPLIFTING MUSIC LOL

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2012, 05:08:57 AM »

Very enjoyable interview!
Coolest part is when they start singing "We're Together Again"!

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »

on rarities I think

Yes, that was the US single version. Cotton Fields was added to the UK version of Sunflower in a mock-stereo mix.

Yes, thank you. since it charted so well in England I always think of it as the U.K. version but it was the U.S. single version as well.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx