gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:45:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SiriusXM Beach Boys Weekend LIVE as it Happens...Post Here  (Read 20031 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »

The Stamos interview with Mike and Al is fascinating

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »

Listening again today.  More deep catalogue cuts......but sometimes interspersed with poorly chosen material;  And Kim's Baby I Love You instead of the Ronnettes?Huh!!!!

Still......ITS FREE!!
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »

Here's a few ways to record a stream:

Look for the input for headphones on your computer. Purchase a line that has the RCA plugs (red and white) on one end and a headphone jack on the other end. (Radio Shack in the U.S. will have it). Plug the headphone jack into the computer headphone input hole. The RCA plugs can go into an input on your stereo. If you have a recording device on/in your stereo you should be able to record. You can enjoy the stream audio through your stereo as well.

Those same RCA plugs can be plugged into a DVD Recorder. You can record many hours of audio on a DVD-R. Yes, it has to be played back through the DVD player but it can also be played through your Stereo if the DVD player is hooked up to  your stereo.

Also, you can purchase software for your computer. I use a old version of MAGIX Cleaning Lab which I use for converting my Records to CD. You can record 'in line' straight from a stream with the software and then burn it to a CD.

Hope this helps. For home use only!   Computer Smash!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:38:17 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »

The John Stamos interview with Mike and Al repeats Sunday at 12:00 p.m. (and probably Monday, too)

It has BB music throughout the interview. I only caught a few minutes at the end but it sounded good.

I think Stamos sounds really sincere when he says that the BBs are his idols. He's a big fan just like the rest of us.

Looking forward to the interview show.
Breakaway
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »

Listening to the concert now. It's awesome!  Cheesy

Brian: Here's another one from Mike Love! I can't believe all the Mike Love we got here!  (Band cracks up) LOL

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:43:32 PM by Breakaway » Logged

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times."
"Oh, reality, it's not for me, and it makes me laugh."
"All these people make me feel so alone..."
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »

As I've been away from home this weekend, I would love to hear any sort of recording, if possible.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »

As I've been away from home this weekend, I would love to hear any sort of recording, if possible.

I've gotten several PMs about my recording, so I'll be uploading it in the next day or so. I'm working on it right now. Smiley

Really nice to listen with headphones. Beautiful stereo mix...even with the requisite lossy compression scheme of Sirius. I wonder if Mark L. had anything to do with the mix? Some of the stuff has been "tweaked" a bit in post/in the studio (e.g. Brian's bridge vocal on Do It Again and pretty much all of TWGMTR, some vocals, etc.), but most of it still has that nice, live feel to it. I'm really impressed by John's drumming and Dave's guitar work. It cooks!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:48:59 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »

I've gotten several PMs about my recording, so I'll be uploading it in the next day or so. I'm working on it right now. Smiley

Really nice to listen with headphones. Beautiful stereo mix...even with the requisite lossy compression scheme of Sirius. I wonder if Mark L. had anything to do with the mix? Some of the stuff has been "tweaked" a bit in post/in the studio (e.g. Brian's bridge vocal on Do It Again and pretty much all of TWGMTR, some vocals, etc.), but most of it still has that nice, live feel to it. I'm really impressed by John's drumming and Dave's guitar work. It cooks!

Thanks so much, man  Grin I caught a small part of the first section of the concert, and I gotta say they sounded pretty great.  Whatever post-production stuff they added seems to blend pretty nicely, as far as I can tell.  There's no glaring use of pitch correction either, well, at least on what I heard (through Little Deuce Coupe). Maybe it gets worse later on...

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

It does.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »

pitch correction would seem to be a good thing asssuming pitch was incorrect.     one usually wants to hear good pitch.  No? Razz
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »

pitch correction would seem to be a good thing asssuming pitch was incorrect.     one usually wants to hear good pitch.  No? Razz

Let's not get this discussion raging here like the other threads, but blatant, robotic pitch correction is never a good thing. Subtle, tasteful pitch correction can go a long ways.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »

Subtle, tasteful pitch correction can go a long ways.

And is rarely, if ever used by these folks.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

I've gotten several PMs about my recording, so I'll be uploading it in the next day or so. I'm working on it right now.

Ummm....might be a good idea to keep that info between you and  those who have sent you PMs.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

I've gotten several PMs about my recording, so I'll be uploading it in the next day or so. I'm working on it right now.

Ummm....might be a good idea to keep that info between you and  those who have sent you PMs.

What's the policy on something like this, Billy? I'm an old PSML guy from the 90s who just joined up here recently. Is this considered a no-no in terms of posting a public link?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »

12345 is valid!

I believe that ZIP is Schenectady, New York.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »

What's the policy on something like this, Billy? I'm an old PSML guy from the 90s who just joined up here recently. Is this considered a no-no in terms of posting a public link?

It's kind of a grey area in this case. I mean, for a while, BRI was pulling You Tube clips, and I think some of the initial tour footage was pulled. However, since then, it seems to have stopped. I guess posting YouTube links is okay with them now, but not from filesharing sites.  Meh...I'm tired and prob should go to bed. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »

It's kind of a grey area in this case. I mean, for a while, BRI was pulling You Tube clips, and I think some of the initial tour footage was pulled. However, since then, it seems to have stopped. I guess posting YouTube links is okay with them now, but not from filesharing sites.  Meh...I'm tired and prob should go to bed. LOL

Thanks!

Bed. Good. Must sleep, too.
RCTID
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2012, 07:38:29 AM »

i recorded it on my XM Inno. so i'll be able to listen to it after they stop airing it.

i have no doubt they will bury this once this Endless Summer weekend is over.

"you've got the beach boys...your firms got the stones"
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »

12345 is valid!

I believe that ZIP is Schenectady, New York.

It isnt. Wink

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »

The John Stamos interview with Mike and Al lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes with music included. A nice addition to the Artist Confidential concert. It repeats tomorrow at 6:00 p.m.

Did anyone listen?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »

The John Stamos interview with Mike and Al lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes with music included. A nice addition to the Artist Confidential concert. It repeats tomorrow at 6:00 p.m.

Did anyone listen?

I didn't. Was it any good ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »

Did anyone listen?

OK, so the Stamos interview repeats Monday at 6 PM Eastern Time, correct?  Is there a schedule posted somewhere?  

So far we have:
-- The Jim Ladd interview with the entire group (20 mins) which preceded the original Artist Confidential concert broadcast
-- The Artist Confidential concert (33 mins)
-- The John Stamos interview with Mike and Al (80 mins)
-- Plus some snippets prior to various songs throughout the weekend.

Anything else?  It is cool that they are doing this , as Beach Boys Memorial Day weekend specials used to be quite common, but it's been a zillion years since I last heard one.

Also Thanks to SloopJohnnyB for pointing out that you can get a seven day free trial of the internet feed, and to Dave Modny for pointing out that the internet feed is 128 kbps and the Dish Network feed is 192kbps.  I subscribe to Sirius XM in my car, but the over the air satellite sound quality is really quite poor, probably 64 kbps max, and much lower than that on the talk/sports channels.  Listening online today, even though the feed is only 128 kbps, it sounds significantly better than the over the air satellite feed signal in my car.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »

Did anyone listen?

Yes, I lucked into that one when I logged in around noon. Quite interesting.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »

Lads, here in LA this endless summer weekend is a joy. I has the car radio version but upgraded for 30 bucks to the internet and thus smart phone ap versions, so I can stay connected constantly.  The Honey's on now.

If you want to distinguish between enforced nostalgia and the BB, listen to "Beach Baby," a terrible retro song, which I heard yesterday.

This is a great tribute; concert was excellent. I do hope someone posts the link on the site--if appropriate. I have no idea what the future bibliographic status of the concert will be, so I hope to be able to hear it again.  But I follow the lead of my brothers here; I don't want anything inappropriate.  Please advise.

I have never started a thread and do not know how to do so, but I am bound for the santa barbera show and will report in on Tuesday.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »

love having/hearing  this on the "radio"

I know it ends soon....

But I would settle for a complete recording of the whole weekend program.

Wonder if Sirius might sell a package?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx