gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 08:50:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SiriusXM Beach Boys Weekend LIVE as it Happens...Post Here  (Read 20181 times)
Gohi
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

Their playing of the band's kinda subpar "With A Little Help" is kind of an odd choice, too.

Oh well. I shouldn't complain about anything ever. It's just GREAT that theirs GREAT songs. I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT. I feel sorry for people who feel sadness or emotions. Just GREAT, SILLY SONGS. UPLIFTING MUSIC LOL
Hey calm down, pal!  police
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »

on rarities I think

Yes, it was on 'Rarities'. That one deserves a release on CD here in the U.S.

The U.K. version of 'Cotton Fields' is also on Rarities. Other great stuff as well. I still have the LP...somewhere.

You mean the single version of Cottonfields.

Was that version released in the U.S. as a single? I thought there was version of Cotton Fields that was only released in the U.K.??

Yes, that was the US single version. Cotton Fields was added to the UK version of Sunflower in a mock-stereo mix.

Yes, thank you. since it charted so well in England I always think of it as the U.K. version but it was the U.S. single version as well.

That Cotton Fields single (the version of the song Al reworked and they released) is the one that was released worldwide. It got to #1 in Australia, South Africa, Norway, and Sweden. #2 in Denmark, #3 in Ireland. Top 5 in the UK, Japan, Spain, #12 in Holland, #13 in New Zealand, and #29 in Germany. Yet is failed miserably in the US at #103.

And as said above, Cotton Fields was added to the international release of Sunflower because it did so amazing overseas.
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »

This concert will forever go down as the Auto-tune fuckfest. It was sooooo bad and soooo obvious, robo-Brian and robo-Mike were in FULL effect. I know it was recorded in April but geeze the auto-tune never had to happen. I feel especially bad for the crowd at the first few shows where they used it. That night in Pittsburgh they were all so strong with their vocal deliveries, I would never of thought they would have considered it. Basically, f*** Joe Thomas. Time changes vocals (except Al) over time but the tone and overall vibe of their voice (i.e Mike's nasal delivery or Bruce's shimmering voice) is always there. I just think auto-tune was/is a horrible decision for anything live. The album, whatever, just never again live. I'd rather hear the air puffs from an oxygen tank while these guys are celebrating their 60th instead of any B-pain bullshit!

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »

I still haven't heard this.  Was the live performance chopped up in between other tunes and interviews or was it streamed straight through?

Is the only way to listen to this is to sign up for Sirius?  Has no other options been made available yet?
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

I still haven't heard this.  Was the live performance chopped up in between other tunes and interviews or was it streamed straight through?

Is the only way to listen to this is to sign up for Sirius?  Has no other options been made available yet?

Options are what this boy feeds on.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:10:07 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

I can hear something on this concert that is being done to all the voices.. Why?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:10 AM »

Yes there is a LOT of pitch correction done here..  and it sounds like TWGMTR even uses parts of the studio recording!!

Geek

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:17 AM »

I'll tell you what's wild...I'm listening to this Stamos-Al-Mike interview that was done for SiriusXM, and at the end of the interview, they're playing what sounds like one of those home-brewed **stereo** mixes of Good Vibrations! I did some research and apparently this isn't the only "unofficial" creation like this that Sirius has in their playlist library. Pretty bizarre to say the least.

Hell, maybe someone on this board did the actual mix that they're playing...lol.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

I think the concert itself is great and lots of fun. The autotune (or whatever it is) was also used on at least one of the Mike & Bruce shows Sirius broadcasted and I think it's common on such radio shows. It only got a little annoying on California Girls imo.

And kudos to Stamos for bringing up an on stage fight between Mike and Dennis right at the beginning of the interview  Cheesy

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx