gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:31:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Beach Boys Album Cover Is Your Favorite & Why?  (Read 9729 times)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »

I LOVE "Love You", this whole amazing pixel art stuff before it all became cool, it's really great.
i think L.A. Album is quite nice also!
i will always have a special place in my heart for the Pet Sounds picture since it was taken in the San Diego Zoo and i'm from San Diego, so f- yeah!
i like the All Summer Long and Party! one, it just shows the band having fun and has a very 60's style to it, i love 60's style.
Sunflower is kinda the same as Pet Sounds : maybe not the greatest cover ever, but just seeing the band with their kids is really cute i think, a lovely picture.
Surf's Up has always somehow obsessed me: it's funny how the title that brings back the surf vibe, so you would expect an joyfull cover, yet it is their darkest..
i mean, i've seen many dark album covers before, but this one.. i guess the dark sky has something to do with it, it's somehow so sad..
i kinda like the one for That's Why God Made The Radio, the band's name bothers me but the rest is cool, could have been something that followed the SMiLE era you know?

But my all time fav, yeah definitely Love You i believe.

Keepin' The Summer Alive is both really cool and really lame at the same time. It's a really cool concept, but then also paints the desperation they had going at the time to stay relevant. As an oldies act. Overall I like it, though.

Yeah, exactly how i feel about it.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:21:11 AM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »

I LOVE "Love You", this whole amazing pixel art stuff before it all became cool, it's really great.
i think L.A. Album is quite nice also!
i will always have a special place in my heart for the Pet Sounds picture since it was taken in the San Diego Zoo and i'm from San Diego, so f- yeah!
i like the All Summer Long and Party! one, it just shows the band having fun and has a very 60's style to it, i love 60's style.
Sunflower is kinda the same as Pet Sounds : maybe not the greatest cover ever, but just seeing the band with their kids is really cute i think, a lovely picture.
Surf's Up has always somehow obsessed me: it's funny how the title that brings back the surf vibe, so you would expect an joyfull cover, yet it is their darkest..
i mean, i've seen many dark album covers before, but this one.. i guess the dark sky has something to do with it, it's somehow so sad..
i kinda like the one for That's Why God Made The Radio, the band's name bothers me but the rest is cool, could have been something that followed the SMiLE era you know?

But my all time fav, yeah definitely Love You i believe.

Keepin' The Summer Alive is both really cool and really lame at the same time. It's a really cool concept, but then also paints the desperation they had going at the time to stay relevant. As an oldies act. Overall I like it, though.

Yeah, exactly how i feel about it.

i forgot all summer long Smiley it's very teeny bopperish lol jk nah it's nicely put together with all the colors and the crew having fun they look like the enjoyed that photoshoot Smiley
and surf's up has a very creepy feel to it that i enjoy lol
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

Smiley Smile - love it! And Stack-o-tracks is a great group photo.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 01:19:24 PM »

Ooooh no, I COULD I'VE FORGOTTEN SMILEY SMILE ?

I know why, because i'm not a fan of the album : it's not really an album for me, just the shadow of SMiLE.

But man, that artwork! i would take it over the SMiLE one anytime actually, yeah call me crazy, but it somehow fits more the psychedelic atmosphere imo.

Yeah, that and Love You are probably my favs! and not only my fav BB ones but part of my fav in general i think so.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

From the 60's:

SHUT DOWN VOL 2, ALL SUMMER LONG, SMILEY SMILE, SURFER GIRL, PET SOUNDS

From the 70's:

SURF'S UP, CARL & THE PASSIONS, HOLLAND, GOOD VIBRATIONS-BEST OF THE BEACH BOYS

From the 80's:

TEN YEARS OF HARMONY

From the 90's:

SUMMER IN PARADISE

From the 2000's:

THAT'S WHY GOD MADE THE RADIO

SURF'S UP is their all-time best cover, IMO
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:23:31 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: