-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Bicycle
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bicycle  (Read 5763 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »

I just got back from a lengthy ride on my bicycle. It's turned cold and windy outside, it only made for a more spiritual ride. It's challenging to ride and keep going, it's a great analogy for life lessons. To get up the hill it's more rewarding to keep pushing yourself up there, no matter how much it hurts. Then at some points you just cruise happily along, sometimes you go down great hills with fantastic speed. This can often lead to a crash or skid which leads you in the wrong direction.

Tomorrow i'm considering riding around the whole town for the day. I'll take my backpack, take a stop to the library, pass my school and other similar things that one does on a bike. What a great invention it is, the bicycle. Two wheels. a few bars and you're set. It's an efficient means of travel, and far advanced than the car since you get physical benefits from riding a bike. I've kind of rushed this post, still a bit tired from the ride.

Do you ride?

Where?

Fun?

Rewarding?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »

I never learned how to ride a bicycle.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
jazzfascist
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 04:01:58 AM »

Yeah, I like bicycleriding too, or walking for that matter. There's just something satisfying in transporting yourself that way, instead of being transported in a car and you see and experience things in a much better way, I think because you feel more in touch with your surroundings. It's a simple joy, a zen thing, kind of like whistling a melody.

Søren
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 04:06:35 AM by jazzfascist » Logged

"How can I come on, when I know I'm filthy"
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »

I never learned how to ride a bicycle.

I've been wanting to teach someone to ride for a long time. I remember my own learning vividly. I was 4-5 I suppose and my Dad taught me. I recall it being a great achievment and a turning point in my life. I used to ride miles away from home at a young age.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 01:23:50 PM »

Yeah, I like bicycleriding too, or walking for that matter. There's just something satisfying in transporting yourself that way, instead of being transported in a car and you see and experience things in a much better way, I think because you feel more in touch with your surroundings. It's a simple joy, a zen thing, kind of like whistling a melody.

Søren

Exactly. I honestly have no intention to drive a car the rest of my life. Plus it has great physical benefits.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »

I bicycle while at my family's beach house (that's where we keep the bikes); plenty of flat roads and boardwalks and the like.

My hometown on the otherhand, where I live when I'm not in college, is 43 square miles of mountain. Hell no.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »

Get a nice mountain bike Aegir.

I just fixed my old mountain bike this weekend. It's fantastic. Suspension, comfy seat, gears, what more could a man ask? I was riding all day in the rain. Bikes are so much fun.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 06:03:57 AM »

your chain is going to rust up if you keep that up H&V

I remember the time I learned how to ride, I felt the same way as you did H&V, it was a huge accomplishment!

It'd be nice to get one...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 06:32:52 AM »

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

I love biking around town. I did it a few times last summer, but I mostly just did it to get from a to b. It's definitely the way to go.

Watch out for snakes!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 06:39:30 AM »

havnt ridden my bike too much in the past 5 years, remembering to a paper route i had back in the day, i hated riding my bike...ah, simpler times

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: