gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:40:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's the other main voice on the chorus of "Isn't It Time"?  (Read 1763 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »

Is it Bruce? It sure sounds like him doing that more enthusiastic type higher vocal. And it sounds really good. Who is it?

As much of a non-Bruce fan as I am, I hope it's him, as I hope for the most part, what we are hearing on this album is The Beach Boys, and not Jeff Foskett, or Darian Sahanaja (and I loves me some Darian).
Craig Feldspar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »

I actually had this very same question. The part you are talking about is the "ISNT IT TIMEEE" lead part on the chorus? I think it sounds like Bruce and Brian. then of course the next part sung by Al Jardine.... anyone know?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:34:14 PM by Craig Feldspar » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »

Adding to this, who the heck is singing the falsetto refrain? Am I being naive here, I mean should I know? I know I like it  Grin

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »

Sounds very much like Bruce and Jeff to me. That is, if I'm talking about the same part you mean

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

I'm sure this was on another thread and I reckoned it was Bruce doubled with Jeff on that part. I can't wait to hear the full song!
othereric
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

Sounds like Mike and Jeff to me. I've listened to the clip of this song about one zillion times so I think I may be right.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

yeah, seems like Jeff there with Mike.  Who is on the first line of each verse, however--"Remember those nights we spent just you and I".  Is that a combination of Al and Jeff?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »

yeah, seems like Jeff there with Mike.  Who is on the first line of each verse, however--"Remember those nights we spent just you and I".  Is that a combination of Al and Jeff?

I hear a lot of Al.  Not sure who is doubling him though.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Craig Feldspar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

yeah, seems like Jeff there with Mike.  Who is on the first line of each verse, however--"Remember those nights we spent just you and I".  Is that a combination of Al and Jeff?

yeah thats actually the part I mean...
"Remember those nights we spent just you and I"..  you know, the REALLY AWESOMELY sung part! (it sounds like the chorus to me... pre chorus maybe?) is it bruce and jeff?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:54:39 AM by Craig Feldspar » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx