gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:01:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eugene Landy, psychologist who treated Brian Wilson, dies at 71  (Read 19766 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 02:56:08 AM »

Geez, that would mean Landy would be 81 if still alive....
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:31 AM »

I'm inclined to say thank you to Landy for saving Brian's life in the early '80s, but then I remember, you know, all the OTHER stuff he did, and then I start feeling conflicted. So I guess I'll just say:

R.I.P. (Rest in purgatory, where everything's all neutral and whatnot, but mostly unpleasant)

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

I had a feeling today was the 10th anniversary of his death. Sucks to die of pneumonia, but good riddance nonetheless.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »

Sucks to die of lung cancer too.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »

Sucks to die.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of Landy speaking of his time with Brian, either in an interview, or just to a friend/fan who asked him, at any point between 1992 to 2006? I mean, surely he must have had conversations about said topics with Alexandra Morgan, but I would think maybe others too. I can't believe that Landy didn't look back and have an ounce of realization that he acted like a big giant turd, especially about trying to sneak into Brian's will and take as much as his actual children got.

He *must* have had a twinge that this was wrong, in hindsight, in the back of his sick mind. Maybe it's my misguided belief that all people have *some* good in them that makes me think this...

Did anybody go to Hawaii and try to find him during this time?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:18:15 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 01:26:13 PM »

I can tell you this from my chat with Alexandra Morgan, who officially became Landy's wife before his death, that they ended their years together feeling victimized by their association with Brian Wilson and his family.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »

There was only one victim in that whole sorry mess, and his initials weren't EEL.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »

I can tell you this from my chat with Alexandra Morgan, who officially became Landy's wife before his death, that they ended their years together feeling victimized by their association with Brian Wilson and his family.

I do recall hearing this quote, but I still just can't conceive how Landy could have justified trying to steal a chunk of Brian's will as being an acceptable, commendable, and defensible thing to do. I mean, obviously, Evan Landy in his interview completely sidestepped this part of the story. That tells me that he knows it's wrong in his heart and was an indefensible action, even if Evan thinks other aspects of his dad are misunderstood.

But Eugene and Alexandra, whether they were willing to talk about it publicly or not, knew what they did with the will issue. Either they actually felt that was "ok", or they perhaps thought they went too far in that respect (not to mention other respects of course) but just wouldn't admit it.

Was Landy even aware of the physical/cognitive effects suffered by Brian due to over-medication under Landy's watch? I can just picture him avoiding the question if posed to him, just like he avoided other questions 20/20.

But if forced to actually a list of questions posed to him, without avoiding/dodging questions, I cannot conceive that Landy would actually defend all the things he did. Impossible for me to fathom anyone could be that insane.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:04:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »

I do recall hearing this quote, but I still just can't conceive how Landy could have justified trying to steal a chunk of Brian's will as being an acceptable, commendable, and defensible thing to do. I mean, obviously, Evan Landy in his interview completely sidestepped this part of the story. But Eugene and Alexandra, whether they were willing to talk about it publicly or not, knew what they did. Either they actually felt that was "ok", or they perhaps thought they went too far in that respect (not to mention other respects of course) but just wouldn't admit it.

Was Landy even aware of the physical/cognitive effects suffered by Brian due to over-medication under Landy's watch? I can just picture him avoiding the question if posed to him, just like he avoided other questions 20/20.

But if forced to actually a list of questions posed to him, without avoiding/dodging questions, I cannot conceive that Landy would actually defend all the things he did. Impossible for me to fathom anyone could be that insane.
I can imagine him justifying it to himself because they were 'partners,' Brian's actual family was bad for/to him and Landy became his real family, Brian owed him his life and later career, etc. I think all those justifications would be BS and he should've been prosecuted, not just have his CA license withdrawn, but I think these are the sorts of justifications a narcissist would make.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »

I do recall hearing this quote, but I still just can't conceive how Landy could have justified trying to steal a chunk of Brian's will as being an acceptable, commendable, and defensible thing to do. I mean, obviously, Evan Landy in his interview completely sidestepped this part of the story. But Eugene and Alexandra, whether they were willing to talk about it publicly or not, knew what they did. Either they actually felt that was "ok", or they perhaps thought they went too far in that respect (not to mention other respects of course) but just wouldn't admit it.

I can imagine him justifying it to himself because they were 'partners,' Brian's actual family was bad for/to him and Landy became his real family, Brian owed him his life and later career, etc. I think all those justifications would be BS and he should've been prosecuted, not just have his CA license withdrawn, but I think these are the sorts of justifications a narcissist would make.

I suppose so. Hard to understand a sick mind like that. Landy seems to be the most mentally ill person in the entire BBs story. Or maybe neck-and-neck in a race with Murry.

I recall in the 20/20 interview, there was a moment where Diane Sawyer said that Landy himself experienced some known mental health issues, but that Eugene wouldn't comment on that. This wasn't some "guess" or armchair diagnosis made by Diane Sawyer, but as I recall it was said to be an actual, documented incident of some sort. Does anyone know more about this? I think it's important to know more about the psychology that goes into that kind of sick behavior, kind of how people studied Nazis in the decades following WWII to understand how it happened. I wonder if Landy, much like Murry, was destined to be as sick a person as he was, or if he ever could have gotten his narcissism in check.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:27:22 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »

Eugene Landy or Rocky Pamplin?

Go!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:29:49 AM by Magic Transistor Radio » Logged

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 09:57:15 PM »

Eugene Landy or Rocky Pamplion?

Go!
fmk?
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:10 PM »

Go!
Murry Wilson

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »

Go!

Bruce's mike-stand.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx