gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:14:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Attitude of Brian  (Read 2684 times)
windchimes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »

Ok, maybe somebody here can give some insight. I was listening to forever just a minute ago, and for some odd reason began to think about how Brian acted around that time.  I picture jim going into the studio, getting it done, and then leaving, kind of "ho hum".  I picture him really depressed and really out of it. But when I listen to the music he created during this time, I think joy and happiness, but how could that be?

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:46 PM »

Because music was still a joy and happiness?  Just a thought.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »

I think most 'depressed' people aren't usually always depressed.  I'm sure Brian had days when he was king of the world, capable of anything and the happiest guy alive.  Maybe that day was one of them. 

Plus second, like marie said, when Dennis showed up with that, maybe Brian was just so elated by the song and threw himself into it, forgetting his troubles and just having a blast making music (I.E., the one thing on earth he's great at). 

The third thing you gotta look at too is, Brian's a master at production and knowing how to make a great track.  So it's quite possible that he can transcend whatever mood he's in and make the song sound how he thinks it should sound, i.e. 'joy and happiness', even if he doesn't feel that way. 
MBE
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »

I think his depression at the time had not reached the proportians it would later. I mean the 1976 Brian was in much worse shape then the 1969 Brian.
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

Clinical depression isn't sitting in a chair, staring out the window and feeling sad.  It's more a combination of chemical imbalances and thought processes that occasionally make moods overpowering, and ultimately cause someone to shut down (a very non-clinical  assessment by a guy who's not particularly well-read on the subject). I think it degrades the sharpness of the mind, erodes memory over time, and causes physical problems as well.

I think depression can be at its worst in a person who doesn't necessarily feel or act depressed.  Of course, lots of great comedians have always been depression-sufferers.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
andy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:32:14 AM »

Ok, maybe somebody here can give some insight. I was listening to forever just a minute ago, and for some odd reason began to think about how Brian acted around that time.  I picture jim going into the studio, getting it done, and then leaving, kind of "ho hum".  I picture him really depressed and really out of it. But when I listen to the music he created during this time, I think joy and happiness, but how could that be?

Talent and delivery. The wrecking crew practically hated working on pop music, but listen how into it they sound on every record.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx