gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:17:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants to see the BB's on SNL?  (Read 6038 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »

I think it would be cool if the Beach Boyss were musical guests on SNL,but not only that I think it would be cool to see Brian as the host,can you imagine Brian giving a monologue saying jokes and being in skits? maye the other members can show up for a skit or two as well,maybe a full house parody skit with Bruce playing Dave Coulier and David Marks playing Bob Saget and John stamos playing Uncle jessie,or maybe they can make fun of the phil Spector trial and put a crazy wig on Brian and he can play Spector or something goofy like that..it would make a great episode..
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:04:25 PM by joshferrell » Logged
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »

A huge, black & white poster of the guys in 1964 was squarely placed in the center of the cold open during last week's SNL broadcast. Did anyone notice it on here? The sketch where Will Ferrell portrayed George W. Bush & Jason Sudeikis was Vice President Joe Biden.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »

maybe they can make fun of the phil Spector trial and put a crazy wig on Brian and he can play Spector or something goofy like that..

Great! How about a skit where Brian is Phil Spector in '67? Spector is on a shady street corner in LA hiring mind gangsters to torment Brian. Hilarity ensues.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »

maybe they can make fun of the phil Spector trial and put a crazy wig on Brian and he can play Spector or something goofy like that..

Great! How about a skit where Brian is Phil Spector in '67? Spector is on a shady street corner in LA hiring mind gangsters to torment Brian. Hilarity ensues.
well i was thinking more like Spector in his jail cell or something more modern...
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:22:44 PM »

How about if Brian plays a cop in an SNL skit? Oh...that already happened in 1976.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »

I immediately thought of the guys doing SNL as I watched the Fallon show.  Don't think the schedules will synch up though, I think the SNL season is about to close down in just a few weeks.  By the time they come back in the fall, don't  know what, if anything, the Boys will be doing.  As for Brian playing Spector, would surely be hilarious for us.  Not sure it's a good idea for Brian, though...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »

I immediately thought of the Beach Boys being on SNL when I saw that poster of them on the wall at the beginning of the show last week. Is Lorne Michaels still producing it? Then it's not out of the question that they appear on SNL.  Should get them on Letterman too.  Dave likes them and so does their band leader. If not, then get 'em on Leno.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »

I immediately thought of the Beach Boys being on SNL when I saw that poster of them on the wall at the beginning of the show last week. Is Lorne Michaels still producing it? Then it's not out of the question that they appear on SNL.  Should get them on Letterman too.  Dave likes them and so does their band leader. If not, then get 'em on Leno.

They are on Leno in June

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »

They should do a gag where they dress like its 1964-1965 with striped shirts and goofy wigs.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »

Somehow I just don't think a bunch of 70 year old guys are going to connect with the SNL audience. I can picture Brian staring blankly into space as we all wait for a punch line.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »

Nothing wrong with them being the musical guests, however. This Saturday's show is the season finale. Mick Jagger is host and musical guest (with Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, and Jeff Beck), so the only BB we have any hope of seeing this time around -- and it's a really, really long shot -- is Blondie.

Would I love to see the BBs on SNL, in the current configuration? You bet! Leave the hosting to others. (Insert Stamos joke here....) Razz

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »

Somehow I just don't think a bunch of 70 year old guys are going to connect with the SNL audience. I can picture Brian staring blankly into space as we all wait for a punch line.

Not like he's never done that before

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »

How about if Brian plays a cop in an SNL skit? Oh...that already happened in 1976.

"Was that the Tin Man? I should have gotten his autograph!"

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

Classic skit. I think you can also see his leg shaking at some point. Indicating that he was probably quite nervous.
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 08:16:51 PM »

They should do a gag where they dress like its 1964-1965 with striped shirts and goofy wigs.

Then everything will come full circle, as they'll look like Jack Benny and Bob Hope.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »

Inever knew that Brian was actually part of that episode. I knew he performed, but I thought that was it. Somebody needs to put it up on YouTube.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »

This is a missed opportunity, but I'd imagine that the competition is pretty strong to get a gig on SNL.  Their manager may have not thought about it, but they should have tried to make this happen.  Considering some of the god awful performances I've seen on SNL, the 'boys could have done a good job.  Good Vibrations.  TWGMTR.  Done. 
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »

Inever knew that Brian was actually part of that episode. I knew he performed, but I thought that was it. Somebody needs to put it up on YouTube.

Lorne Michaels' hit squad immediately hits anything from Saturday Night Live that is posted. I'd recommend buying the season set, it is a great episode.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »

I think it would be cool if the Beach Boyss were musical guests on SNL,but not only that I think it would be cool to see Brian as the host,can you imagine Brian giving a monologue saying jokes and being in skits? maye the other members can show up for a skit or two as well,maybe a full house parody skit with Bruce playing Dave Coulier and David Marks playing Bob Saget and John stamos playing Uncle jessie,or maybe they can make fun of the phil Spector trial and put a crazy wig on Brian and he can play Spector or something goofy like that..it would make a great episode..

Uhhhh...I hope you're only joking. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »

Then everything will come full circle, as they'll look like Jack Benny and Bob Hope.

Good one!  And now they're even older than Bob Hope was back then.  Benny was 71 and Hope was 62 when the BBs sang Calif. Girls on the Jack Benny Hour in Nov. 1965.  This means it's time for a new BW venture - a weekly tv show.  Network voiceover:  Will the audience be amazed, amused, or appalled when Beach Boy Brian Wilson sings his classics Ding Dang, Hey Little Tomboy, and Roller Skating Child?  Find out at 8 pm tonight on The Brian Wilson Show!

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »

The skit in which B.W. appeared was cut out when the shows were trimmed to an hour for syndication. He played an airport policeman, as I remember. Looked petrified, poor fellow.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »

Let's send Brian alone with just a piano and let him sing a few new tunes by himself! ...Oh..Wait...

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »

The skit in which B.W. appeared was cut out when the shows were trimmed to an hour for syndication. He played an airport policeman, as I remember. Looked petrified, poor fellow.

The skit wasn't cut for syndication, but all three of his musical performances were.

NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »

Not sure, since in all my six-plus decades I've never once seen SNL.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

The Beach Boys do have a history with Lorne Michaels.  He along with Belushi and Aykroyd played a big role in their mid-70s "Brian's Back" comeback giving them a full TV special to promote 15 Big Ones and then of course the Brian SNL appearance.  Jodie Foster who was about 14 at the time hosted and Brian played three songs: "Back Home," "Love is a Woman" (which was kind of awful), and a solo piano version of "Good Vibrations" (which was pretty awesome).

You could buy the episode for two bucks on iTunes.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/saturday-night-live-complete/id287897693

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx