gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:04:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 13: Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT 05/13/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 25429 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

I sat next to two crazy 25 year olds who'd be people I'd expect to find at a Linkin Park concert,

Linkin Park are pretty damn passe these days. They haven't been cool since about 2003/04.

I honestly have no clue what people of my generation listen to these days. I only picked Linkin Park because an upcoming concert of theirs was being advertised at Mohegan. Whenever I ask my friends what they listen to, I usually get responses like "I like all kinds of stuff," or "Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Adelle/Jay-Z." These guys looked like they were into Modern Rock and Roll.

I can't believe even someone in this generation would stereotype people like that. or maybe your friends are all lame. there's plenty of members of this very message board in their twenties.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:26 PM »

These guys looked like they were into Modern Rock and Roll.

Almost no one today is playing rock and roll.  It's just rock today. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:46:24 PM by Justin » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

I wish Mike would still do all his silly movements during Fun, Fun, Fun. blasting the radio, walking like an ace, whipping the horse, acting like a wild goose, et cetera.

yes! Awesome.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »

These guys looked like they were into Modern Rock and Roll.

Almost no one today is playing rock and roll.  It's just rock today. 

See, I was going to say that exact statement, but then I got thinking of some indie rock stuff that is rock and roll-ish, i.e. the Strokes.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »

I sat next to two crazy 25 year olds who'd be people I'd expect to find at a Linkin Park concert,

Linkin Park are pretty damn passe these days. They haven't been cool since about 2003/04.

I honestly have no clue what people of my generation listen to these days. I only picked Linkin Park because an upcoming concert of theirs was being advertised at Mohegan. Whenever I ask my friends what they listen to, I usually get responses like "I like all kinds of stuff," or "Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Adelle/Jay-Z." These guys looked like they were into Modern Rock and Roll.

I can't believe even someone in this generation would stereotype people like that. or maybe your friends are all lame. there's plenty of members of this very message board in their twenties.

Yes, because their colorful head bandanas and short sleeved body shirts showing off their muscles complete with matching slogans just screamed to me Katy Perry fan. Roll Eyes

Seriously, people can like whatever they want. I'm not calling that into question. I'm 23 and I love the Beach Boys. Some of my very close friends are into classic rock, and they're all in their early 20s too. But I work on a college campus, and most people I encounter, whenever I tell them I like the Beach Boys, don't even know how to respond. So yes, they are lame.
cwalter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »

They're playin' Don't Back Down?  Sweet!!  Hope they play that on 6/1 in Bezerkly.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx