gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:37:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 13: Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT 05/13/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 25418 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

Setlist/pics/reviews...

(With thanks to Scott M!)

Do it again
Catch a wave
Hawaii
Don't back down
Surfin Safari
Surfer girl
Please let me wonder
Your so good to me
Dance dance dance
Kiss me baby
Then I kissed her
Why do fools
When I grow up
Cottonfields
Marcella
Be true to your school
Disney girls
Don't worry baby
Little Honda
Little douce coupe
Shut down
I get around

Second set:
Add some music
California dreamin
Sloop John B.
WIBN
IJWMDTT
Forever
Sail on sailor
Heroes and Villains
In my room
All this is that
God only knows
TWGMTR
Good vibrations
California Girls
All summer long
Help Me Rhonda
Rock and Roll Music
Do you wanna dance
Surfin USA

Encore:
Kokomo
Barbara Ann
Fun Fun Fun
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:10:54 PM by Justin » Logged
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

Hell yeah. I'll be there.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »

Very nice, sheknowsmetoowell...be sure to come back with your pics and reviews.!
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

Alright, I said I wasn't going to this show, but I found some decent tickets, and it looks like I'll be at this one as well. Grin
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:43:53 PM »

That's the way to do it!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »

I wonder at what point on the tour another one of the remaining few rehearsed songs will appear. My money's on "Salt Lake City".
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

We're at intermission. They added dance dance dance and Kiss Me Baby to the first set, and dropped Wendy.

Do it again
Catch a wave
Hawaii
Don't back down
Surfin Safari
Surfer girl
Please let me wonder
Your so good to me
Dance dance dance
Kiss me baby
Then I kissed her
Why do fools
When I grow up
Cottonfields
Marcella
Be true to your school
Disney girls
Don't worry baby
Little Honda
Little douce coupe
Shut down
I get around
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »

I love Wendy, but it wasn't very strong last night. I'd love to see Kiss Me Baby. Playing Dance Dance Dance makes more sense to me than playing Do You Wanna Dance.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »

I hope they keep Kiss Me Baby to the end of the US leg of their tour.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

How is the attendance for tonight's show, sold out like last night?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »

LOve that they added KMB.  Wish they had kept Wendy. I would vote off Why Do Fools  Fall in LOve.  Just prefer BB originals in the set over covers I guess....

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »

Wow, this set list just keeps getting better and better.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »

Show just ended, I'll have the second set list up in a bit. I'd estimate there were 8,500-9,000 in attendance tonight. Looked pretty full.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »

Alright, the show didn't sell out, and there were some sections in the balcony that were empty or pretty close to empty, but the arena still seemed pretty full. The set list for the second half was pretty much the same as last night, except that they moved Good Vibrations up from the encore into the second set.

Second set:
Add some music
California dreamin
Sloop John B.
WIBN
IJWMDTT
Forever
Sail on sailor
Heroes and Villains
In my room
All this is that
God only knows
TWGMTR
Good vibrations
California Girls
All summer long
Help Me Rhonda
Rock and Roll Music
Do you wanna dance
Surfin USA

Encore:
Kokomo
Barbara Ann
Fun Fun Fun
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »

That's a weird place to put good vibrations..

It's better closing out the show

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »

It's really great that they're mixing the set lists up and moving songs around...keeps things interesting.  I'm surprised they haven't hit autopilot yet.  Just add "California Saga" and we're all golden!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »

I suspect we'll see things tweaked throughout the run of shows. I bet it keeps Brian engaged, and a new song or so every three-four shows is just about enough to keep the band focused but not frazzled.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »

Glad to see KMB added. The funny thing was...when I saw the original tour setlist, Add Some Music and Kiss Me Baby were what I thought were two of the three most glaring omissions (and in the case of those two, natural choices for deeper cuts), with Darlin' being the other. At some point, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that one as well. Sunny Californ-i-a, Good Timin' and Breakaway would be my other guesses in terms of potentials.

Now...it sure would be cool if they pulled a rabbit out of their collective hats...and went even deeper. But, I'm not complaining at all.  That's a helluva setlist as it stands. In effect, another "box set" tour. Who'd of ever thunk it?  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:25:46 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

Suspect we won't hear Darlin' -- none of the original guys can sing it, and they've tried to avoid having the backing band sing leads. More's the pity, because Darian does an astonishing version of the tune.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »

And I can't figure out why. Both Darian and Cowsill can sing it great! Let one of 'em sing it! It's been a staple in The Beach Boys/Brian/Al band for years, even after Carl passed away. One of the best songs (hits) that they ever did, and they're ignoring it. For now....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »

Suspect we won't hear Darlin' -- none of the original guys can sing it, and they've tried to avoid having the backing band sing leads. More's the pity, because Darian does an astonishing version of the tune.

Even though that song is so iconically attached to Carl, I personally didn't think that would be a deal-breaker. I also think it's one of the songs that Brian's been more comfortable with handling. IMO, it's one of the stronger cuts on Roxy. Smiley
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »

Even though that song is so iconically attached to Carl, I personally didn't think that would be a deal-breaker. I also think it's one of the songs that Brian's been more comfortable with handling. IMO, it's one of the stronger cuts on Roxy. Smiley

Yeah, the problem is no actual live version sung by Brian has sounded like that.

The Roxy version is a pitch-corrected, empty theater retake taped following the actual shows.

Brian cannot sing the song anymore. Not in tune, at least. It was out of his setlist for years before Darian started doing it.

And I can't figure out why. Both Darian and Cowsill can sing it great! Let one of 'em sing it! It's been a staple in The Beach Boys/Brian/Al band for years, even after Carl passed away. One of the best songs (hits) that they ever did, and they're ignoring it. For now....

I agree that those two sound great. But they're trying to avoid backing band leads (I think DWB is the only one), to emphasize the "historic reunion" aspect. And have you seen how crabby people on this board get with the backing band members sing?
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »

Yeah, the problem is no actual live version sung by Brian has sounded like that.

The Roxy version is a pitch-corrected, empty theater retake taped following the actual shows.

Brian cannot sing the song anymore. Not in tune, at least. It was out of his setlist for years before Darian started doing it.

Well, duh, that's what the "auto-tune" is for.....lol. <sarcasm> Smiley

And, just as a side-note, I was aware of the touch-ups to Roxy ("Caroline No," etc.). I remember pointing it out to a certain "BE" years ago...back in the day of the PSML. In truth, that debut, experimental studio version of the tune with the 'Mints is wretched, pitch-wise. So...your point is well-taken!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »

I love "The Little Girl I Once Knew" and "Wendy" but knew they weren't really right for this reunion tour...not exciting enough for a live show with an audience this big.  Glad to see Dance Dance Dance return, and also Kiss Me Baby added.

I've never understood why Bruce has done the lead on "Wendy" since the mid-90s...I bet Mike could easily sing circles around him on this.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx