gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:53:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Carrie Marks Thread  (Read 110455 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

Carrie -

There is a topic down below that I started about "Carl's favorite chords" that we'd love to have some input from Dave on.

Thanks.
Third Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2007, 08:13:12 PM »

Nik was the carnival barker and did the howling on Moon Dawg.

Hope that helps...

Carrie

Thank you! Always was curious about that. Can Dave tell us who the girl on "County Fair" was? (Hope that wasn't covered here already...) Thanks again.
John
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2007, 05:38:54 AM »

It was his aunt, Andrea Carlo. This stuff is all covered in the Definitive Vocal Credits Thread, below...
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »

Carrie - Once again my apologies to you and David.  Feel a dope!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
MBE
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2007, 01:21:05 AM »

What are you refering to SurfRiderHawaii?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2007, 01:54:20 AM »

What are you refering to SurfRiderHawaii?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,4721.msg77181.html#msg77181

...and it was sorted out already...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »

Aloha MBE - a major brain malfunction on my part.  Calling David 'Mark".   Not a good feeling to accidentally insult one of your idols :-(

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

To add to all the other exciting news about upcoming releases, David’s collection, The Lost Years is now available for sale on his website, DavidLeeMarks.com

We ended up with more than 2 CDs worth of material so David decided to shuffle things around and add a few more tracks and ended up with just under 3 hours of music on 3 CDs.

Disc One features 17 tracks worth of David Marks & the Marksmen!  The CD features a wide variety of recordings...including never-before-heard songs and studio out-takes.

Disc Two includes recordings from "Lost Years" - with over an hours worth of unreleased recordings, historic jams, demos, alternate versions and studio out-takes from the Moon, the Flies and David's unreleased "Low key Intensity" tracks featuring his own arrangements of his favorite Beach Boys songs…and more.

Disc Three is a bonus compilation CD of nearly 2 dozen of David's favorite tracks from his released solo catalog. Starting with Gary Montgomery's Angie by the Colours and closing with the full I Think About You Often CD from last year...this is a great CD that highlights David's evolution as singer, songwriter and musician.

For anyone who has read The Lost Beach Boy, this collection is basically your audio guide to the book and includes most of the songs Jon Stebbins details during the story.  For those of you who haven't read the book yet, the CD and book (both signed) are available through DavidLeeMarks.com...bought together, they are a great way to unravel the mystery of the Lost Beach Boy

A complete Track Listing can be found on DavidLeeMarks.com and 4 tracks from the collection are currently available on David’s MySpace page at MySpace.com/DavidMarks.

I hope you enjoy the music….

Carrie
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »

thank god for my paycheck coming in this week 3D

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »

Hey Carrie,

Tried to order The Lost Years recently but to my dismay it had already sold out! Any plans to re-stock? Would still really like to get my hands, and consequently my ears, on this fine looking collection!

Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

Hey Carrie,

Tried to order The Lost Years recently but to my dismay it had already sold out! Any plans to re-stock? Would still really like to get my hands, and consequently my ears, on this fine looking collection!

Yeah, they went fast...its a pretty cool collection. The next run should ship in the next week or two...I just updated David's site today so orders can once again be placed. 

Thanks,

Carrie
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »

Hey Carrie,

Yeah, they went fast...its a pretty cool collection. The next run should ship in the next week or two...I just updated David's site today so orders can once again be placed. 

Thanks,

Carrie

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know

LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

Carrie,

Will David be playing with Mike & Bruce on any of their upcoming dates? I hope this is the appropriate thread for this question...

Thanks Smiley

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2009, 05:52:24 AM »

Hi,

David doesn't currently have any plans to play with Mike's band again...but he will be playing with Al Jardine tonight in New Jersey and again next Thurs (30th) in Ft Worth, TX...Dean Torrence will be joining them on that date.  David will also be appearing at Eddies Attic in Atlanta on Aug 2nd for a really cool solo set.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:05:51 AM by Carrie Marks » Logged
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »

Okay thank you for replying Carrie!:) I wont be able to catch any of those shows though, I'm in OH Sad

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »

Oh my lord, get this: I'm on my way to NJ (will be there tomorrow, stopped in VA) and I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro. I conveniently missed both of them! Grr.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »

Carrie,
It was great meeting you and your husband last night at "Eddie's Attic'!
For everybody reading ,David Marks show is a lot of fun
You know when he started ,I thought ,yeah ,he's a good guitar  player , but on "Torn Down" , a blues song Ive only heard Clapton play, he was fantastic! Really impressive guitar playing!
The whole band was smokin,Jez Graham's piano was a great counterpoint to David's guitar playing!
If anybody anywhere gets a chance ,go see "The Lost Beach Boy" He rocks!

Cook pork throughly
earcandy
Smiley Smile Associate

"Humor, too, is one of His creations."

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »

Carrie,
You know when he started ,I thought ,yeah ,he's a good guitar  player , but on "Torn Down" , a blues song Ive only heard Clapton play, he was fantastic! Really impressive guitar playing!
The whole band was smokin,Jez Graham's piano was a great counterpoint to David's guitar playing!

Yes, it was an excellent show!  I got to interview David before the show for earcandymag.com, I'll give a 'shout out' when the interview is posted.
Meanwhile, here's a clip from the show - David doing Dennis' "You And I":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqdMceeEE8

AGD: "For foder's sake don't encourage him !"
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

It was great to meet both of you, Ronnie and Ray.  Thanks for coming out to the show...I'm glad you enjoyed it!  David had the best time...what a great bunch of guys he had behind him!  The show was professionally recorded so I hope to have some good audio clips to post soon!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »

Wish I had known David Marks was playing in my neck of the woods (Decatur).  I would have gone!!!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »

Wish I had known David Marks was playing in my neck of the woods (Decatur).  I would have gone!!!
What state?

edit: Nevermind, I found out by looking at your profile Tongue
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:12:49 PM by Nicole » Logged
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »

Carrie,

Yes, it was an excellent show!  I got to interview David before the show for earcandymag.com, I'll give a 'shout out' when the interview is posted.
Meanwhile, here's a clip from the show - David doing Dennis' "You And I":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkqdMceeEE8[/
The clip has been removed.  Sad

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNMsz7xVziU
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

We're getting ready for the ESQ Pet SOunds Safari show tonight, which will be a very similar solo set to the Eddie's Attic show last month.  If anyone wants to check out the audio clips from Eddie's, they are available for free download on David's website.  I hope you enjoy...and that we'll be seeing some of you tonight at the show!

http://davidleemarks.com/EddiesAttic.html

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2009, 09:33:13 AM »

I wish you all a very pleasant evening. Wish I could be there...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx