gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:38:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Carrie Marks Thread  (Read 110458 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2010, 12:40:54 AM »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:52:09 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:37 PM »

Carrie, is David's The Circle Continues album still on track for a September release? Love the title track and "I Sail Away"!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:21:06 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2010, 06:59:21 AM »

Carrie, is David's The Circle Continues album still on track for a September release? Love the title track!

Glad you are enjoying the song, Margaret!  Yes, the CD is still on track for next month...he's working on some last minute mixing and editing right now so it should be finished very soon.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »

Are there any plans to play Las Vegas?
Paulos
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »

Hello Carrie, with all the SMiLE madness going on I haven't forgotten that David was supposed to have a new album out but so far nada, any update on The Circle Continues??
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2011, 05:28:11 AM »

Hi Paulos,

Good memory.  This project has had a few false starts so I don't want to say too much. However, we are actively working on finalizing a release date right now so I hope to be able to announce something soon. 
Paulos
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:44 PM »

Thanks for the reply Carrie and I will await your announcement with the patience us Beach Boys fans are known for!  Grin
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »

Here's an update on something we're working on to help raise money for the Hawthorne Historical Society....hope to see lots of people at this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go back in time to learn authentic Beach Boys guitar in the Hawthorne HS music room.

David is partnering with the newly-formed Hawthorne Historical Society to promote that local 1960's guitar sound as a legitimate part of the city's history and culture.  He feels like the authenticity of their original guitar sound got lost a bit as the Beach Boys evolved into a more vocal-oriented band and he wants to get back to the original style and techniques they came up with as kids. This is his way of honoring Carl and John's memory and its the historical society's way to preserve their history, so its a great partnership.

As part of the "Good Neighbors Day" event on July 16th, David will be conducting a full-day guitar clinic in the Hawthorne High music room where he will demonstrate chord progressions, authentic rhythm techniques & lead figures as they were originally recorded...participants are encouraged to bring their (unplugged) electric guitars to play along so they can get a better feel for the parts.  Or, you can just observe.  He will hit 3 areas...surf & car songs, ballads and instrumentals.

That evening, David and the Surf City All Stars will preform on the Hawthorne High football field at 7 pm...tickets are going towards the establishment of the first Hawthorne Museum.

Tickets are at:  http://hawthornesurfmusic.eventbrite.com/ and clinic information and registration forms be found on: http://davidleemarks.com
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2011, 06:20:43 AM »

Thanks for the reply Carrie and I will await your announcement with the patience us Beach Boys fans are known for!  Grin

Also looking forward -  we are your market and we're keen!   :D

“We live in divisive times.”
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »

For the Atlanta-based people on this board...David will be returning to Eddie's Attic in Decatur, GA on August 21st.  He will be doing a solo set with his Summertime Blues band featuring an amazing ATL based backing band.  They will be doing classic songs of summer with a blues twist as well as some of David's originals.  It should be a fun night, we will be celebrating David's birthday a day early...I hope to see some of you there! 

Tickets are available here:  http://eddiesattic.ticketfusion.com/store/one/index.html?store_id=1553&master_store_id=1553&page_type=ticket&show_id=599072&qid=18030162864&cid=8626879
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2011, 08:57:05 PM »

For the Atlanta-based people on this board...David will be returning to Eddie's Attic in Decatur, GA on August 21st.  He will be doing a solo set with his Summertime Blues band featuring an amazing ATL based backing band.  They will be doing classic songs of summer with a blues twist as well as some of David's originals.  It should be a fun night, we will be celebrating David's birthday a day early...I hope to see some of you there! 

Tickets are available here:  http://eddiesattic.ticketfusion.com/store/one/index.html?store_id=1553&master_store_id=1553&page_type=ticket&show_id=599072&qid=18030162864&cid=8626879

I might actually not be working that day!  I'll see what I can do about going!  :-)

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2011, 03:22:42 PM »

Hi Carrie,

I've got a question which I thought you (or in fact David) could answer best that's why I'm posting it here. But if anyone else knows the answer, please fill in.
Does David rememebr who played the cymbal (that sounds like a wave) on "Catch a wave" ? I guess it was probably overdubbed after the basic track.
And another thing: did Al or David sing on the track "Surfer girl" ? Or was it just the four guys ? I really have problems hearing that out because of the double tracked voices.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:36:29 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »

Great show last night, Carrie!  'Twas a pleasure meeting you and your husband.  :-)

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »

Great, great show once again.  Dave and Carrie, loved getting to talk to you guys again- thanks so much for your friendliness and patience with fans like me, and hope Dave had a great birthday yesterday.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »

I agree with the general sentiment here. Thanks to David, Carrie, Jez and the rest of the band for a great show! And come back soon, y'all.  Smiley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2011, 06:02:02 AM »

Hi Carrie,

I've got a question which I thought you (or in fact David) could answer best that's why I'm posting it here. But if anyone else knows the answer, please fill in.
Does David rememebr who played the cymbal (that sounds like a wave) on "Catch a wave" ? I guess it was probably overdubbed after the basic track.
And another thing: did Al or David sing on the track "Surfer girl" ? Or was it just the four guys ? I really have problems hearing that out because of the double tracked voices.

Rocker, I asked Dave the question about the cymbal crescendo on "Catch A Wave" back in '05 or '06, and he seemed to recall that it might be Brian on an overdub.  He said Dennis definitely played drums on the basic track, as he could still "see" the session in his mind's eye.  I didn't ask him about the vocals on "Surfer Girl", but my belief is it's just the three Wilsons and Mike on the "hit" (Capitol) version (Dave is definitley present on guitar, though).
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:17 AM »

Hi Carrie,

Rocker, I asked Dave the question about the cymbal crescendo on "Catch A Wave" back in '05 or '06, and he seemed to recall that it might be Brian on an overdub.  He said Dennis definitely played drums on the basic track, as he could still "see" the session in his mind's eye.  I didn't ask him about the vocals on "Surfer Girl", but my belief is it's just the three Wilsons and Mike on the "hit" (Capitol) version (Dave is definitley present on guitar, though).

Thank you ! I was wondering if Brian or Dennis played the cymbal. Couldn't see that a session musician would've been called in for that

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »

I agree with the general sentiment here. Thanks to David, Carrie, Jez and the rest of the band for a great show! And come back soon, y'all.  Smiley

Thank you to you guys for coming out Sunday...it sure was a fun show! 

Carrie
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »

Aloha
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:57:06 AM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx