gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 10:00:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The band featured on AOL's homepage  (Read 1153 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »

Right near the top.  Smiley

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/the-beach-boys-thats-why-god-made-the-radio_n_1502572.html

Nothing really new in the article, but lots of nasty comments in the comment section.  Roll Eyes

No mas, por favor.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

(a) surprised to find out that AOL still exists LOL
(b) you're right those comments are nasty! WOW. People need to lighten up a bit!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »

Good to see some nice comments in there too aside from those dished out by the dregs of human society. Another thing, I might just slip into a coma if I read another brain-numbing "Beach Men" comment or something similar about how they're now singing about retirement homes or hip replacements. It's worrying that when challenged these people act like it's the other person that doesn't have a sense of humour! Peddling lazy "jokes" about age, weight, disabilities etc really annoys me when the subject matter is 5 guys that still have infinitely more talent in their 70 year old bodies than these people ever have or will have.
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

On another topic, when I first saw the screencap, I thought the little cartoon drawing at the top was what stack-o-tracks was referring to.  I mean, doesn't the little pink dude look kinda like Al in the right light? Smiley

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »

On another topic, when I first saw the screencap, I thought the little cartoon drawing at the top was what stack-o-tracks was referring to.  I mean, doesn't the little pink dude look kinda like Al in the right light? Smiley

I thought that too for a split second before I noticed them further down!  LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »

Stack o' tracks gets Avatar of the Year Award, surely…

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx