gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:33:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread For VIP Experiences  (Read 45341 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »

I've done sound checks for free, as many have here too. I know part of the cost is the seat, but the people who are buying these VIP Passes are their biggest fans and the ones who supported their career through the years. I feel the band should at least address the groups as they arrive back stage. I mean, I understand they can't meet everyone one on one, but they should talk to the fans as a group before or after the soundcheck.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »

i have a question, how have the seat placements been?  i paid for a VIP, i'd be pretty annoyed if i'm on the far edge of a row, closest to bruce or something. 
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

What time is the sound check, as in how far in advance of the show starting time?  I'm not doing the VIP thing, but just wonder how much earlier to the venue they have to get prior to the show and how much waiting around there is.  That would seem like a drawback right there, on top of the price.
Pet Sounder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »

What time is the sound check, as in how far in advance of the show starting time?  I'm not doing the VIP thing, but just wonder how much earlier to the venue they have to get prior to the show and how much waiting around there is.  That would seem like a drawback right there, on top of the price.

I did the 5/22 VIP in Chicago, I'll post my experience in full later.  The show started at 8pm and the soundcheck was probably around 5:30 by the time we got in the auditorium (we were admitted in the building at 5pm).  After the sound check and the QUICK photo op (AKA meet & greet, though there wasn't much true meeting and greeting) we were were told to come back and to line up at the side entrance at 6:45 to get in early (general public was allowed in at 7pm).  But after the meet & greet were told we could check out merchandise before we left and I'm glad I stayed around because after almost everyone else left our VIP host came out into the lobby with Al - he was wanting to see some of the architecture in the theatre and she was giving him a mini tour.  They were like 3 feet away from me just having a converstation.  Then Al went to check out the merch table, saying somthing about his album.  When I came back at 6:45 I ran in to Jeff Foskett in the loby.  He was having a conversation with someone so I just quickly shook his hand and said hi.   
Pet Sounder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

i have a question, how have the seat placements been?  i paid for a VIP, i'd be pretty annoyed if i'm on the far edge of a row, closest to bruce or something. 

My show was in the Chicago Theatre.  Our 4 rows of seats were right at the edge of the stage in the pit.  I was in the 2nd row, almost right in the center.  I was basically right in front of Mike the entire show, but I also had a great view of Brian since he was angled to face my direction.  Also very close to Dave and Al also.  Bruce was furthest from me.  There were seats all the way down by Bruce.  I'm sure it's just determined the the order of when the tickets were purchased. 
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

$1250 a pop here in Australia!! Includes free piss and food before the gig.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »

I said 'NO!' and opted for the Diamond Tour Package. A T-Shirt, two drinks and download of an album I already have for an extra $200 on the face value of the ticket.

I might be a sucker bit I wanted good seats and was not interested in the potluck draw tomorrow morning.

Anyhow I've already done a 'life splurge' on Brian having flown to Chicago for a weekend in 2000 to see him play ... and it was worth every cent!
Help_Me_Honda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2012, 03:41:44 AM »

No meet and greet at all?
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »

No meet and greet at all?

Yes, it includes a (brief) photo op.
Jcc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »

I really appreciate reading this thread, as I was sorely tempted to buy the VIP package for the Hollywood Bowl show.  I'm sort of glad I didn't now.

It does sort of suck that the band acts that way at its meet-and-greets.  One thing I think we all should remember about this group is that they all became very famous at a very young age.  And this is a harsh thing to say, but none of these guys (save perhaps Mike) has ever worked a real day in a real job at any time in their lives.  They don't understand what it's like to struggle for a paycheck and to make the choice to spend that paycheck on something like a VIP package at a concert.

I don't want to speak for anyone here, but if I became a rock star at 35, and I learned that fans were paying several hundred dollars a pop just for the opportunity to be in my presence, I'd be a little humbled.  I'd be more humbled if I knew I was going to be earning several thousand dollars for maybe 1-2 hours (if that) of "social interaction" time.  In fact, I'd probably feel a duty to earn that money and give people their money's worth.   It would be no-holds-barred, baby.  I'd be MR. PERSONALITY the whole freaking time.  Grin    I'd have my arm around fans, calling them by their first names, wanting to know what they loved about my work, what they hated, where they were from, etc.   Fans would be leaving that room either completely sick of me, or ready to buy up the entire souvenir stand based on their experience.

And why not?  They're paying good money for the experience.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:44:44 PM by Jcc » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »

Good points!

With a $70m turnover for what is now 60 plus gigs (?) I'm sure each BB is getting a good cut even after everyone else takes their percentage.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »

I really appreciate reading this thread, as I was sorely tempted to buy the VIP package for the Hollywood Bowl show.  I'm sort of glad I didn't now.

It does sort of suck that the band acts that way at its meet-and-greets.  One thing I think we all should remember about this group is that they all became very famous at a very young age.  And this is a harsh thing to say, but none of these guys (save perhaps Mike) has ever worked a real day in a real job at any time in their lives.  They don't understand what it's like to struggle for a paycheck and to make the choice to spend that paycheck on something like a VIP package at a concert.

I don't want to speak for anyone here, but if I became a rock star at 35, and I learned that fans were paying several hundred dollars a pop just for the opportunity to be in my presence, I'd be a little humbled.  I'd be more humbled if I knew I was going to be earning several thousand dollars for maybe 1-2 hours (if that) of "social interaction" time.  In fact, I'd probably feel a duty to earn that money and give people their money's worth.   It would be no-holds-barred, baby.  I'd be MR. PERSONALITY the whole freaking time.  Grin    I'd have my arm around fans, calling them by their first names, wanting to know what they loved about my work, what they hated, where they were from, etc.   Fans would be leaving that room either completely sick of me, or ready to buy up the entire souvenir stand based on their experience.

And why not?  They're paying good money for the experience.

Don't let the Beach Boys fool you on these types of experience, some are just like what you said....not from the BB's, but other artists.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »

I am week away from my VIP show in Camden, New Jersey and I haven't heard a word from Live Nation. How close to the show date until they send out the email for the ticket and instructions?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

I am week away from my VIP show in Camden, New Jersey and I haven't heard a word from Live Nation. How close to the show date until they send out the email for the ticket and instructions?

About 5 days.  If you don't hear quickly, call their toll free number, do not email

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »

Has anybody else had problems getting their itinerary from VIP Nation?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

Don't fret if it doesn't come five days beforehand...I forgot to share earlier, but mine showed up today so, two days before the day of the show.

I'm a little concerned though, it says report time is 5PM, and the gates open at 6:30PM, thats a lot to get done in an hour and a half before everyone else shows up! Maybe they'll do the Meet N Greet/Photo-Op thing in a secluded area from regular concert-goers instead of in front of the stage?
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »

Soooo...

is the meet n greet BEFORE or AFTER the show ?

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
SG7
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »

It's always before and right after soundcheck. At least it was this setup before my show.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

It's always before and right after soundcheck. At least it was this setup before my show.

Mmmm/....thanks..that's a good heads up. I only have Sound Check level, not meet and greet, so my 'blend in with the crowd' chances just improved slightly. I would have bought the meet and greet package...it's not the money..that level was already sold out by the time I was ready to buy my ticket.

SG7
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »

You get different colored passes for soundcheck vs. M&G I remember.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

I don't think there's much of a chance for anyone to sneak into the meet and greet.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

what songs have been played at soundcheck?

Any rarities just as "one-offs" to warm up to?
Backing band play Pet Sounds or Transendental Meditation as a warm up jam?

Bruce play I Write the songs or anything?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »

I don't think there's much of a chance for anyone to sneak into the meet and greet.

I object to the term 'sneak'. I prefer 'blend'.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »

Yet, it's obviously not blending. Whatever you prefer to call it, It's sneaking

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »

Yet, it's obviously not blending. Whatever you prefer to call it, It's sneaking

What's sneaking? Who's sneaking?

I'm just sitting here at the ranch.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx