gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:03:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread For VIP Experiences  (Read 45555 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »

Can someone help me help someone out? A guy I know sprang for the VIP but has lost the email with details on how to pick up the photo Tara took of him and the guys. I know it involves logging into a website with your email address but couldn't tell him which one.

Photos will be up for download on mikelove.com - pretty sure the previous link you were given is for the C50 tour. I'm assuming the VIP was for a show this year ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:47:24 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »

sounds like getting your picture taken with Santa Clause only much more expensive.   Paying for it just ruins the fun of the experience of getting to meet someone.......sort of like going to a pimp instead of meeting a person in a bar......so, in a way, bands that do these things could be referred to as ............

You fill in the blanks......

Maybe it's a UK thing, but the VIP wotsit at the RAH shows were pretty nice: little tour of the venue (surprisingly interesting), free drink in the bar, soundcheck & photo/signing, free programme (which was pretty impressive). The interaction with the band at the soundcheck was much more than 50 seconds of "hi"/handshake/photo/sign/"bye". But then, of course, I am on Mike's payroll. Probably.  Smiley

Tara & Betty did a fine job against considerable odds (the RAH staff didn't seem to have a clue: I believe our little group did at least three circumnavigations of the Hall).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:55:44 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:30 AM »

sounds like getting your picture taken with Santa Clause only much more expensive.   Paying for it just ruins the fun of the experience of getting to meet someone.......sort of like going to a pimp instead of meeting a person in a bar......so, in a way, bands that do these things could be referred to as ............

You fill in the blanks......

Maybe it's a UK thing, but the VIP wotsit at the RAH shows were pretty nice: little tour of the venue (surprisingly interesting), free drink in the bar, soundcheck & photo/signing, free programme (which was pretty impressive). The interaction with the band at the soundcheck was much more than 50 seconds of "hi"/handshake/photo/sign/"bye". But then, of course, I am on Mike's payroll. Probably.  Smiley

Tara & Betty did a fine job against considerable odds (the RAH staff didn't seem to have a clue: I believe our little group did at least three circumnavigations of the Hall).

If so, you will no doubt do a great job writing the liner notes for the archival release of MIKE LOVE PRESENTS ATLANTIS RISING.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »

VIP for the up-coming Honeys gig - $100. Just seen it on Facebook.

“We live in divisive times.”
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2015, 08:23:29 AM »

Where was The Honeys gig listed on Facebook? I can't seem to find a page for them.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »

"why give it away when they're willing to pay for it?"

(Source:  annonymous )
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »

Where was The Honeys gig listed on Facebook? I can't seem to find a page for them.

You have to have a Honey (or two) as a friend.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »

What happened to club Kokomo?  Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »

Mike's web page does not show any VIP links for the summer 2015 tour.  Are they done selling these packages?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

Seems to me the VIP packages go with the seats........you look for the most expensive seats and go from there.   and you can contact the venue in many cases.   If you can get an actual person to answer they are often very helpful.
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2015, 03:39:12 PM »

Seems to me the VIP packages go with the seats........you look for the most expensive seats and go from there.   and you can contact the venue in many cases.   If you can get an actual person to answer they are often very helpful.

That has not been my experience. In the two cases I've sprung for VIP experiences, it was through an entity totally unconnected with the venue, i.e. VIP Nation. They buy up the very choicest seats and then set the prices and extra bonus stuff. Then they sell the package through their own site. I didn't even get to choose my seats, but because I bought early, they ended up being front row center. Seats like those won't even show up on the venue site, though.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »

That has not been my experience. In the two cases I've sprung for VIP experiences, it was through an entity totally unconnected with the venue, i.e. VIP Nation. They buy up the very choicest seats and then set the prices and extra bonus stuff. Then they sell the package through their own site. I didn't even get to choose my seats, but because I bought early, they ended up being front row center. Seats like those won't even show up on the venue site, though.

That's correct.  I would not assume that the seats up front automatically come with VIP packages.  Some venues probably can't accommodate for such a thing.  I'd say, if there's no mention anywhere on the ticket site or on Mike's website--there isn't one for that show.  I don't know if that Club Kokomo thing was only for a set period or if the contract for that has expired already ---I haven't seen it in a while. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx