gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:36:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 10: Beacon Theatre - New York, NY 5/9/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 58340 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2012, 02:04:25 PM »

Foskett sounds great on "Jai Guru Dev".  Shocked

It's not nice to lie!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

It's not nice to lie!

I know I felt kind of dirty writing it, but tis' the truth imo. He actually sounds Carl-like instead of Fosgitty-gitty-gitty.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »

nice pics.  What did you take those with?

Thanks southbay...they're from my Canon Powershot G9.  A few years old but still does the trick!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »

Goosebumps. 

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »

Is there a show today ? I wonder if they'll keep Add Some Music and Marcella in the set

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »

Brian looks so much like his young self here its scary.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »

Yeah, I seem to notice that a lot more when he straps on the bass for some reason. Seriously, it has to do with the looks and expressions on his face

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »

here's a different angle where you can hear Al and Bruce a lot better:

http://youtu.be/m2uIri17nQ8
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:12:53 PM by Erik H » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »

Yeah, I seem to notice that a lot more when he straps on the bass for some reason. Seriously, it has to do with the looks and expressions on his face

He looks so cool there.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »

here's a different angle where you can hear Al and Bruce a lot better:

http://youtu.be/m2uIri17nQ8

Incredible. Perfect song for these guys to do. They have so many of the original voices there, although they changed the vocal line up a bit.

Al should sing more Carl leads.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2012, 06:31:41 PM »

I didn't know what thread to post this in. my friend says someone came into the coffeeshop he works at yesterday and said that the night prior (Wednesday), he had to fix Brian's tour bus which broke down in New Brunswick.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2012, 08:53:48 PM »

Plus regarding my video...note Brian do his classic look at the guys as they're all singing @ 1:15.  I wish I was able to see more of Brian but you can kinda make his expressions.  He's looking at them like, "Yeah guys!  Sounding great!"  I think having them all gathered around the piano does wonders for Brian.  It's a bit more natural to him than just being on stage and playing to an audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HSWj2DKtd4&feature=youtu.be

Another moment I just noticed in the video is Bruce applauding Al for nailing that wonderful bridge with his ridiculously powerful voice.  It just soars through that middle section and Bruce is obviously proud of his band mate for knocking it out of the park.  Great moment!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »

Has Marcella been seen/ heard yet?

Here is a link if not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g34uojCvqk
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »

Plus regarding my video...note Brian do his classic look at the guys as they're all singing @ 1:15.  I wish I was able to see more of Brian but you can kinda make his expressions.  He's looking at them like, "Yeah guys!  Sounding great!"  I think having them all gathered around the piano does wonders for Brian.  It's a bit more natural to him than just being on stage and playing to an audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HSWj2DKtd4&feature=youtu.be

Another moment I just noticed in the video is Bruce applauding Al for nailing that wonderful bridge with his ridiculously powerful voice.  It just soars through that middle section and Bruce is obviously proud of his band mate for knocking it out of the park.  Great moment!

Holy crap. That entire thing is awesome. I am so thrilled to see this -- and Brian seems to be tickled too.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2012, 02:24:54 AM »

Funny thing. At first I thought they were reading the lyric (and may be), but I think it is a list of who sings what line. Look at the mic going between Bruce and Al and they both laugh at one point because Al almost makes a mess of it.

edit.

Not Al, but Bruce almost goofed!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:31:46 AM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »

Very interesting thing happened tonight:  after Stamos filled in for "Be True To Your School" on drums...he left the kit almost immediately.  Cowsill didn't come up to sit back down.  So the drum set remained empty while everyone else was ready to start the next song.  Stamos made it down to where Foskett was, chatting a bit with him when it became obvious that Stamos forgot toalso  play on this next song coming up here.  Instead of waiting for Stamos to run all the way up the riser to the drums...Scott Bennett rushes over from his keyboard and jumps on the drums and proceeds to NAIL IT on "Don't Worry Baby."  WTF?  I have never see Scott play drums before and didn't know he could sub like that.  But he took care of business like he was the one playing it all this time on the tour.  He knew all the changes, knew all the right fills....totally impressed by that.  Way to go Scott!

Yep. Scott has toured with Brian on drums before. In the summer of 2008, Brian did a string of hits shows with a stripped-down, six-piece backing band. IIRC, this was the lineup:

Brian -- Lead vocals (no keys, really)
Foskett -- Guitar
Walusko -- Guitar
Gary Griffin -- Keys
Probyn -- Bass
Scott -- Drums
Nelson -- Percussion

A strange series of shows, but Scott was quite good. Probyn is playing bass again this tour, by the way ... when Mikey is behind the drumset, that is.

Thanks for the info...never knew that of Scott.  I recall seeing some footage of Scott recently totally ripping a few wild guitar solos in a small club in Chicago---not knowing that he played guitar that well also.  I was just watching some video last night of a Mike/Bruce show from 2007 and saw John Cowsill on keyboards....threw me a little there.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »

yeah, Cowsill was the keyboard player when Mike Kowalski was the drummer.

most professional musicians know how to play more than one instrument. Mike Kowalski's first paid gig at the age of five was playing piano.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx