gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:00:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian plotting next Beach Boys album ...  (Read 6604 times)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »

http://www2.tbo.com/entertainment/entertainment/2012/may/03/7/fxnewso8-golden-boys-ar-399218/?referer=None&shorturl=http%3A%2F%2Ftbo.ly%2FIMf8Fy

There is no definite plan beyond their current tour but Wilson would like to record another Beach Boy album. "This time I would like to do some rock n' roll," Wilson says. "I would like it to be a bit harder and faster."

So the future looks bright since Wilson and Love have been able to look past their differences and lawsuits filed against each other.

"That's all history," Love said. "It's all forgotten about. We're looking at our present and future. I think we're going to be doing this again with Brian for a long time."
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »

After the last 15 months, I'll happily believe anything is possible.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »

Well well well...isn't this piece interesting...

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »

Haha - the infamous "rock and roll" album is back!

Do you think they'll put Proud Mary on it?
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

Very interesting indeed - even without having heard the new album, it bodes well that Brian is already talking of doing another. 
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »

Amazing. Up until a few months ago the BBs as a contemporary performing and recording force did not exist. Had been that way for a decade and a half. And now, not only are they a contemporary, happening force but they also have plans for the future.

Never ever did I dare to dream something like what's going on these days. It seemed futile in its impossibility.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »

Interesting...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »

This fabled rock and roll album is the new SMiLE. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Biggus Dikkus
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »

This fabled rock and roll album is the new SMiLE. Grin
As much as I would like that, it most likely won't happen. Ever.

I will sell my left nut if you're correct though.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »

Oh I just pray that it does continue.  It would be great.

A small part of me, though, wouldn't be surprised that the writer of that peice took a little journalistic license and took Brian's comments about the next Beach Boys album a little out of context....Brian says that he would like to write a harder album...he didn't specifically say with The Beach Boys.  Anyway..just trying to keep an even head about this!  Grin  But mike's comments do sound promising.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

It's something that could so easily be done..

Just let Brian into the studio

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

Great news!  And if nothing else, it's great that the guys feel that way right now, regardless of what the future brings.
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »

Oh I just pray that it does continue.  It would be great.

A small part of me, though, wouldn't be surprised that the writer of that peice took a little journalistic license and took Brian's comments about the next Beach Boys album a little out of context....Brian says that he would like to write a harder album...he didn't specifically say with The Beach Boys.  Anyway..just trying to keep an even head about this!  Grin  But mike's comments do sound promising.
Exactly because brian said this album and tour is closure for him.it is a little miracle if he can stay with them this whole tour,and fulfill this whole tour,we all know about brian's health.and al jardine also said this is for sure the last beach boys reunion. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:46:49 PM by beatle » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »

I've said all along that if the tour and album do well, it's foolish to expect the reunion to "end."

Yes, Mike and Bruce will go back to touring hard on their own. (Maybe with Al or Dave.) But I can see mini-tours with for full lineup for years to come.

And if the album does well (which it definitely could), nothing inspires Brian like success and popular acclaim. You could easily see another couple of albums if the guys are willing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:48:38 PM by Wirestone » Logged
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »

How about if Brian just stays off-tour after this, works up some new songs with a cool collaborator (like, say, VDP), then when the guys come back from touring, Brian can play them the tracks and get them to lay down vocals?

How can it lose???
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »

i'm fairly certain any time brian wants to record an album, the guys would absolutely be there.  
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »

How about if Brian just stays off-tour after this, works up some new songs with a cool collaborator (like, say, VDP), then when the guys come back from touring, Brian can play them the tracks and get them to lay down vocals?

How can it lose???

LOL

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »

How can it lose???
SMiLE saga in a nutshell LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »

I've said all along that if the tour and album do well, it's foolish to expect the reunion to "end."

Yes, Mike and Bruce will go back to touring hard on their own. (Maybe with Al or Dave.) But I can see mini-tours with for full lineup for years to come.

And if the album does well (which it definitely could), nothing inspires Brian like success and popular acclaim. You could easily see another couple of albums if the guys are willing.

I sure hope you're right! Good lord, more new Beach Boys albums could be the icing on the cake.....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »

Proud Mary is Brian's new shortin' Bread, how many times has he recorded it now?

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »

1991-2 -- With Landy
1994 -- With Don Was
1997 -- With Joe Thomas
2006 -- With Scott Bennett

At least four!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »

You're forgetting 2013 - with the Beach Boys on That's Why God Made John Forgerty (I'm sure Al will be on board).
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »

1991-2 -- With Landy
1994 -- With Don Was
1997 -- With Joe Thomas
2006 -- With Scott Bennett

At least four!

Blimey, it is the new Shortenin' Bread. Only the Don Was one (on the Landylocked boot) has circulated, right?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »

Glad to hear Brian's enjoying himself enough to keep working with them.  It's been a pet peeve of mine that everybody keeps referring to this as the Beach Boys final album, when nobody ever said any such thing.  

LONG LIVE THE BEACH BOYS!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »

Are Pleasure Island and The "Rock n Roll" album two different things?

I'll never forget that picture of Brian at the piano around the time of TLOS with a music sheet that had "pleasure island" scrawled on it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx