gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681102 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 12:15:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brian wants mike to sing the song brian composed !  (Read 6471 times)
Jason
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »

Wow, this IS a dumb thread and there's heavy competition.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »

On one of the bootlegs that was floating around when Brian did his first "Smile" tour, something similar to this happened.

At one part in the show, they would do this little acoustic set where they'd sit around and talk about songs, or talk a little bit before they played a couple acoustic songs.  Anyways, at several of the shows, Jeff would say something like "So, Brian, how would you like to take a little trip?" and eventually Brian would go "Oh, that would be cool, where should we go?" and then taylor or whoever would say "We could go to Spain" and then somebody else would say something like "We could go to New York!" and then Brian would say "I know! Hey, Lets go to Hawaii!" then they'd play Hawaii.

Well.  On one of the bootlegs, they start their little banter after a song, and Jeff starts off on a tangent about the shirt somebody's wearing or something.  So he hasn't gotten to the part where they introduce the next song.  Everybody's talking, and lauging and things about something completely non related to the show (on stage) and finally Brian says "Hey, Lets Go To Hawaii!!"

LOL

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »

Can we have Beatle press that button that VintageMusic was looking for??

Cheesy

That depends.  Is it the same one Ringo pushed in "Yellow Sub"?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

That's a cool clip, and one that shows Brian isn't at all out of it, as some assume.

So Brian wrinkled his nose… wtf are you trying to interpret that as?  Maybe he was stifling a sneeze…  maybe Foskett's aftershave was getting to him.

The nose thing probably has something to do with his tartive dyskinesia. I thought he was pretty normal and funny in a Brian sort of way....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »

I could barely hear the banter through all the autotune on Brian's mic.   Roll Eyes
LOL Razz
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

Well, stupid thread but I am glad I saw the clip, it looked like Brian and Mike were both having fun.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »

ADMIN: thread title and  original post have both been edited to alter the slant of the meaning. That's a tad out of order in my book and could also alter the apparent context of subsequent responses.

“We live in divisive times.”
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »

what did it say originally?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »

at first the subject was "MIKE MAKES BRIAN FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE !" and then "BRIAN NOT HAPPY WITH QUESTION FROM MIKE !"

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »

Can someone ban this guy?? beatle be gone!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »

It'd never have even occured to me there was anything apparent in that clip other than Mike is a rather good and amusing frontman, end of. I would say there isn't even anything to possibly be read into it at all, no subtext, nothing. It's just a bit of (probably pre-planned) well-delivered banter.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »

at first the subject was "MIKE MAKES BRIAN FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE !" and then "BRIAN NOT HAPPY WITH QUESTION FROM MIKE !"
Now its "brian wants mike to sing the song brian composed !"

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »

Can someone ban this guy?? beatle be gone!!

Agreed.  police
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 08:18:45 AM »

Brian's memory is scary good. It's kind freighting actually  LOL
Jason
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

I'm thinking we need to institute the Banhammer Challenge. Rules are simple.

You PM a mod with a grievance about another member and why that member should be banned. If the mods do not find your reason to be ban-worthy, then you're the one who will be banned.

If anything it'll cut down on the cries of "BAN HIM!"
amonomous
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »

That was a cute little highlight from the show I attended, and someone mentioned that Brian might be stifling a sneeze or something when he crinkled his nose, he did cough into the mic a few times while singing, though I can't recall during which song(s) but it seemed like he may have been a little under the weather that night (though I think that is seriously overthinking things..) It got a great response and I thought Mike's stroller joke was pretty funny. I didn't get any bad vibrations from that exchange though, but do recall thinking that it may have been a genuine little moment they had during rehearsal and someone thought would be fun to add to the show and if anything, it seemed like Brian may have rushed his introduction to the next song. As I said in my mini review of the show, it reminded me of the more recent candid/comfortable Brian interviews such as the Zooey Deschanel one, and I wonder what Brian must think of the huge reactions he gets for the simplest little things. He probably wonders what's wrong with us the way some of us wonder about him.  Wink It didn't occur to me that he was trying to get Mike to shut up or get the spotlight off himself.  LOL That was the first thing I shared on my facebook after getting back to town/finding it. Razz

With all of that in mind, this is a waste of board space lol, but the title was so odd I thought it was referring to a song on the upcoming album or something so I clicked it.   Huh
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:16:15 PM by amonomous » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx