-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  FINAL FAREWELL TOUR !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FINAL FAREWELL TOUR !!!  (Read 22855 times)
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »

New angle, Phil?
who is Phil,are you Phil Phoenix?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:40:56 PM by beatle » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »

New angle, Phil?
who is phil,are you phil Phoenix?

Are you Phil Sphinctor?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »

New angle, Phil?
who is Phil,are you Phil Phoenix?

Are you Phil Sphinctor?
Phil spector ya mean? the guy Phil spector is still in jail . .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:41:23 PM by beatle » Logged
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »

[/quote]brian never said that.
[/quote]

And you know this how?  Oh, forget it.  This is pointless.  We're reading some of the silliest stuff ever posted and here we are trying to respond.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »

New angle, Phil?
who is phil,are you phil Phoenix?

Are you Phil Sphinctor?

Dumb but it made me laugh.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:59:07 PM by Phoenix » Logged
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Brian never said that.
[/quote]

And you know this how?  Oh, forget it.  This is pointless.  We're reading some of the silliest stuff ever posted and here we are trying to respond.
I already explained it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:42:15 PM by beatle » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

Like the man said, can't argue with a closed mind. Or an empty one.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

Like the man said, can't argue with a closed mind. Or an empty one.  Grin
You couldn't say it better about yourself  Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:42:41 PM by beatle » Logged
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2012, 11:45:53 PM »

Like the man said, can't argue with a closed mind. Or an empty one.  Grin
You couldn't say it better about yourself  Thumbs Up
Ah, so many questions...

Will AGD use his dry, subtle British wit in retaliation, like some Miyagi-style karate master?
Or will he bring to bear the full force of his razor-sharp ripostes?

This reminds me of a nature show I watched last night where a hedgehog ate a centipede. I almost wanted the centipede to win, or to use its many legs to beat a hasty retreat, because it was clearly a losing battle from the start... but a hedgehog is a hedgehog, and AGD is a gentleman British writer with an eye for detail.

Then again, now that I've mixed my metaphors in such a haphazard fashion, AGD may fix his gaze on me. (Ducks and slides out of the room)

- B00ts
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »

When someone's already digging themselves a deeper hole, no need to respond. I just stand by and smile now and then.  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

New angle, Phil?

This be Phil. Phil has some weird takes on things and is possibly delusional and/or deliberately provocative but an intelligence resides within. This troll is full of tripe and dumb with it.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 12:43:08 AM »

Wow! Got to hand it to the guy, annoying the  board, making a fool of himself and attempting to lecture AGD on miniscule BB's details in only 26 posts is quite an achievement. Kudos.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »

Beatle, listen to AGD, he knows his BBs better than anybody on this board. Thumbs Up

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »

butcarlanddennisaredeadandimprettysurebrianwastalkingaboutthepresentdayarrangementsisthisclearenoughforyoubeatleorwouldsomepunctuationhelp?
you have to learn to read better.

As long as you're not the teacher!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2012, 07:30:44 AM »

Has nobody/chode/so cold I go brrr/summerinparadise.flac/ghost/Andrew`s Fern/thomasogg/The Bellagio Insider decided to make a comeback?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »

Beatle, listen to AGD, he knows his BBs better than anybody on this board. Thumbs Up
yes his beach boys,but not the beach boys.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:43:26 PM by beatle » Logged
rogerlancelot
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »

Has nobody/chode/so cold I go brrr/summerinparadise.flac/ghost/Andrew`s Fern/thomasogg/The Bellagio Insider decided to make a comeback?

Andrew's Fern WAS kind of funny at least. Anybody ever figure out who that was? And when a mod bans a user don't they ban their IP address as well? Maybe there's a whole bunch of whacked-out freaks who love the Beach Boys (kind of scary).
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »

Andrew's Fern WAS kind of funny at least. Anybody ever figure out who that was? And when a mod bans a user don't they ban their IP address as well? Maybe there's a whole bunch of whacked-out freaks who love the Beach Boys (kind of scary).
You could say that for all groups, these wackos make the band distrust real fans, which is a shame. These weirdos relate their problems to Brian's 1975-1982 dark era.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

Who are your BBs then because AGD and this website talks about a musical group founded in Hawthorne, California in 1961. 

beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »

Who are your BBs then because AGD and this website talks about a musical group founded in Hawthorne, California in 1961.  
That's the same group i talk about.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:44:01 PM by beatle » Logged
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »

I'm sure you don't mean to bring the stench of youtube here, but on this board you are judged on your  basic use of punctuation and grammar.

This is one of those little online pockets where people do care about things like that.

I really don't mean to be nasty. I'm sure you have some great points to make. I'm sure you're passionate about the Beach Boys and want to share this.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for everyone, but I certainly do make a judgement about your intelligence based on your use of grammar. If you want to be taken seriously around here then you should address this.

I've had several ales, but with diligence, and spell checker, have managed to put this point across quite succinctly, and grammatically correct I feel.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »

I'm sure you don't mean to bring the stench of youtube here, but on this board you are judged on your  basic use of punctuation and grammar.

This is one of those little online pockets where people do care about things like that.

I really don't mean to be nasty. I'm sure you have some great points to make. I'm sure you're passionate about the Beach Boys and want to share this.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for everyone, but I certainly do make a judgement about your intelligence based on your use of grammar. If you want to be taken seriously around here then you should address this.

I've had several ales, but with diligence, and spell checker, have managed to put this point across quite succinctly, and grammatically correct I feel.

You can speak for me - personally, if someone can't bother themselves with the niceties of normal conversation such as reasonable punctuation, grammar & spelling when posting, I treat them with the disdain they deserve. Don't care how insightful your views, if it's expressed in txt spk or, like, duh, juvenile witterings I'll assume you're a moron (or a Katy Perry fan, which is essentially the same thing) and respond accordingly.

So. There.  Grin

beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »

Mike owns the name for touring

He doesn't own, he rents.

Has the lease expired yet?
Thats the truth: mike love does not own the name beach boys !

OK, fine, he rents it, he leases it, he licensed it, whatever.  Good grief. The point is he currently controls the name for touring. Or at least that's the way I've understood it. And whether Mike Love considers himself the Beach Boys is  a silly question. He's only one person so I suspect not.  But, he has certain rights to use the band's name, and, as others have pointed out, he has used it to keep the band alive for the public.   As for the other silly question, no, Paul doesn't call himself and/or his touring group The Beatles because . . . the Beatles broke up as a band,  and they all ceased using the name as a band.  That's not what happened here.

As you might not know brian had been fighting in court because he didnt want mike to keep using the beach boys name.

As you clearly do not know, that's ill-informed nonsense: any voting member who conforms to the terms laid down in the BRI license can call themselves The Beach Boys for touring purposes. Said license was voted into being on a 3-1 majority back in the late 90s, since when no-one has challenged it.

Someone asked Brian about that a few years ago, and his response was classic: "Well, Mike & Bruce are The Beach Boys, and Alan is Alan Jardine... but I'm Brian Wilson !"
Look at your own grammar and spelling for example the post above : ill-informed and 3-1 and no-one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:19:53 PM by beatle » Logged
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »

Relax, Andrew.  I've got this one.   Wink

Look at your own grammar and spelling for example the post above : ill-informed and 3-1 and no-one. So you are the moron then.

You just keep talkin', Butch.  That's what you're good at.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »

I pray for thou mighty banhammer for Beatle.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: