-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:33:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  FINAL FAREWELL TOUR !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FINAL FAREWELL TOUR !!!  (Read 23027 times)
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

Let's face it for those that didnt yet.This will for sure be the last tour ever of beach boys together.So i think its time more people start TAPING AUDIO audience recordings !
50 concert dates isnt that much,its all over forever before you know it !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:48:06 PM by beatle » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »

Let's face it for those that didnt yet.This will almost sure be the last tour ever of beach boys together.So i think its time more people start making audience recordings !
50 concert dates isnt that much,its all over forever before you know it !

Yes, for those that haven't gotten the new Walmart set, on page 25 of the zine, talking about the tour AL Says:  "We reunited this final time for the fans"

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
OGoldin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »

" Yes, for those that haven't gotten the new Walmart set, on page 25 of the zine, talking about the tour AL Says:  "We reunited this final time for the fans"  "

Money has something to do with it, too . . .

If they all get along, I see minitours into the future.  Brian at some level likes the feedback from a live audience, and this is much less work for him than the solo tours -- he could sustain smaller tours with the band for more years than he could as a solo artist.  Plus -- the backup guys will be able to inherit the mantle and be able to authentically tour as the Beach Boys for decades to come -- sort of like the Count Basie Orchestra -- continuing to bring money into BRI.
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »

" Yes, for those that haven't gotten the new Walmart set, on page 25 of the zine, talking about the tour AL Says:  "We reunited this final time for the fans"  "

Money has something to do with it, too . . .

If they all get along, I see minitours into the future.  Brian at some level likes the feedback from a live audience, and this is much less work for him than the solo tours -- he could sustain smaller tours with the band for more years than he could as a solo artist.  Plus -- the backup guys will be able to inherit the mantle and be able to authentically tour as the Beach Boys for decades to come -- sort of like the Count Basie Orchestra -- continuing to bring money into BRI.
I dont see that happening.Brian also said in some interviews before this short tour that people should know he is only doing this for the 50th anniversary.He also told he thinks this is the right closure for him and the beach boys story for him,he said ''i'll rejoin them one last time for the 50th anniversary,then beach boys story is over for me,i will keep performing my songs only with my own band'' So this is really a closure for brian.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:09:26 PM by beatle » Logged
OGoldin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »

"So this is really a closure for brian."

People change their minds sometimes -- and with Smile and so many other things, Brian's changing of mind is legendary. 

Also Al has talked about a second new album.  That's not going to happen if Brian's not on board.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »

We will see I guess.

We may see Brian staying home and working on a 2nd album while the group is out on the road.

Hey why not? Been done before.

But somehow I think this is the begining of the end, even for Mike and Bruce. A perfect time to wind it down for good.
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

We will see I guess.

We may see Brian staying home and working on a 2ND album while the group is out on the road.

Hey why not? Been done before.

But somehow I think this is the beginning of the end, even for Mike and Bruce. A perfect time to wind it down for good.

Brian was young and in better shape,some people here think it is still 1964-1970 right now.after 2012 mike and Bruce will keep touring with a band they name beach boys but it isn't beach boys,i don't get why anyone still would go to mike and Bruce,they should be named the mike love band !! Court and justice should forbid mike love to keep using beach boys name !!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:12:11 PM by beatle » Logged
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »

My point is people should tape the shows right now,make AUDIO audience recordings to share with everyone on internet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:12:51 PM by beatle » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

Why is every post in bold? Not flaming, just wondering.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »

Why is every post in bold? Not flaming, just wondering.
I don't mean anything with the bold,just wanna make a clear point,hope everyone reads it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:13:32 PM by beatle » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »

My point is people should tape the shows right now,make AUDIO audience recocordings to share with everyone on internet.

Gee, that's a GREAT idea - why hasn't anyone thought of that yet ?  Grin

Dude, to my certain knowledge, there are tapes of shows doing the rounds already.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »

after 2012 mike and bruce will keep touring with a band they name beach boys but it isnt beach boys,i dont ge why anyone still would go to mike and bruce,they should be named the mike love fake beach boys !!
[/quote]

Let's see, Mike, a founding member, has been a Beach Boy his entire adult life, Bruce the better part of it. What part of that is "fake"?  (Keep in mind Mike owns the name for touring, which is why it's named the Beach Boys.) And, I suspect people go see Mike and Bruce, AKA the Beach Boys, because it is a great band playing great songs.
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »

after 2012 mike and Bruce will keep touring with a band they name beach boys but it isn't beach boys,i don't get why anyone still would go to mike and Bruce,they should be named the mike love fake beach boys !!

Let's see, Mike, a founding member, has been a Beach Boy his entire adult life, Bruce the better part of it. What part of that is "fake"?  (Keep in mind Mike owns the name for touring, which is why it's named the Beach Boys.) And, I suspect people go see Mike and Bruce, AKA the Beach Boys, because it is a great band playing great songs.
[/quote]
Because mike love alone isn't beach boys,it is mike love solo.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:14:41 PM by beatle » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »

after 2012 mike and bruce will keep touring with a band they name beach boys but it isnt beach boys,i dont ge why anyone still would go to mike and bruce,they should be named the mike love fake beach boys !!

Let's see, Mike, a founding member, has been a Beach Boy his entire adult life, Bruce the better part of it. What part of that is "fake"?  (Keep in mind Mike owns the name for touring, which is why it's named the Beach Boys.) And, I suspect people go see Mike and Bruce, AKA the Beach Boys, because it is a great band playing great songs.
So mike love is the beach boys? People that think that dont know much about the beach boys. Does paul name himself and the band the beatles? Court and justice should forbid mike love to keep using beach boys name !!
[/quote]

Most of us here have moved on from that. Mike and Bruce's band might only have one original member but they've kept a flame alive for years and in recent years their shows have been something to behold, especially this euro shows with extended deeper set lists.

The scenario whereby Brian stays home and produces while the other four tour together isn't too far fetched and it does seem that a lot of that might have already been happening for the TWGMTR album before we knew anything about it.

Does rather depend on the backing band I reckons - most are creative musicians in their own right with careers outside the Beach Boys. They might not want to spend too long on board what's already looking just a little like the ol' travelling jukebox with a few deep catalogue songs thrown in for our benefit. Which is appreciated, of course, Mr Powers That Be!

“We live in divisive times.”
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:17 AM »

My point is people should tape the shows right now,make AUDIO audience recocordings to share with everyone on internet.

Meh, all those audience recordings sound like crap.  I'll wait for the officially released stuff.

Court and justice should forbid mike love to keep using beach boys name !!

So the opinions of Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, and the estate of Carl Wilson shouldn't be taken into consideration?  Those are the folks who voted to allow Mike to use the name at live shows.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »

I dont see that happening.Brian also said in some interviews before this short tour that people should know he is only doing this for the 50th anniversary.He also told he thinks this is the right closure for him and the beach boys story for him,he said ''i'll rejoin them one last time for the 50th anniversary,then beach boys story is over for me,i will keep performing my songs only with my own band'' So this is rlly a closure for brian. 

To tell you the truth, I haven't read thos statements by Brian. Not to say it ain't what he's thinking but where do you have these statements from ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 08:15:18 AM »

Mike owns the name for touring

He doesn't own, he rents.

Has the lease expired yet?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »

]That's the truth: mike love does not own the name beach boys !

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:21:27 PM by beatle » Logged
beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

I don't see that happening.Brian also said in some interviews before this short tour that people should know he is only doing this for the 50Th anniversary.He also told he thinks this is the right closure for him and the beach boys story for him,he said ''I'll rejoin them one last time for the 50Th anniversary,then beach boys story is over for me,i will keep performing my songs only with my own band'' So this is really a closure for Brian.  

To tell you the truth, I haven't read thos statements by Brian. Not to say it ain't what he's thinking but where do you have these statements from ?
It was in some interviews,someone uploaded it on youtube too,but it got deleted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:23:49 PM by beatle » Logged
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »

Thats the truth: mike love does not own the name beach boys !

OK, fine, he rents it, he leases it, he licensed it, whatever.  Good grief. The point is he currently controls the name for touring. Or at least that's the way I've understood it. And whether Mike Love considers himself the Beach Boys is  a silly question. He's only one person so I suspect not.  But, he has certain rights to use the band's name, and, as others have pointed out, he has used it to keep the band alive for the public.   As for the other silly question, no, Paul doesn't call himself and/or his touring group The Beatles because . . . the Beatles broke up as a band,  and they all ceased using the name as a band.  That's not what happened here.

beatle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »

That's the truth: mike love does not own the name beach boys !

OK, fine, he rents it, he leases it, he licensed it, whatever.  Good grief. The point is he currently controls the name for touring. Or at least that's the way I've understood it. And whether Mike Love considers himself the Beach Boys is  a silly question. He's only one person so I suspect not.  But, he has certain rights to use the band's name, and, as others have pointed out, he has used it to keep the band alive for the public.   As for the other silly question, no, Paul doesn't call himself and/or his touring group The Beatles because . . . the Beatles broke up as a band,  and they all ceased using the name as a band.  That's not what happened here.

As you might not know Brian had been fighting in court because he didn't want mike to keep using the beach boys name.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:24:20 PM by beatle » Logged
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »

Thats the truth: mike love does not own the name beach boys !

OK, fine, he rents it, he leases it, he licensed it, whatever.  Good grief. The point is he currently controls the name for touring. Or at least that's the way I've understood it. And whether Mike Love considers himself the Beach Boys is  a silly question. He's only one person so I suspect not.  But, he has certain rights to use the band's name, and, as others have pointed out, he has used it to keep the band alive for the public.   As for the other silly question, no, Paul doesn't call himself and/or his touring group The Beatles because . . . the Beatles broke up as a band,  and they all ceased using the name as a band.  That's not what happened here.

As you might not know brian had been fighting in court because he didnt want mike to keep using the beach boys name.
No.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »

Beatle, where you are getting this "information"?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SG7
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »

I'm guessing Alex McDonald  LOL
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »

I'm guessing Alex McDonald  LOL

I'm guessing Alex Trebek!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: